Do You Think some MLB Teams should bring back Pullovers and Beltless Pants?

Bronxmet

I know that this is unusually weird, but I think some MLB Teams should permanently bring back the Pullovers and beltless pants. They represent championship eras in most of the following teams:

Oakland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Boston (as a third jersey), Chicago Cubs (as an alternate), Milwaukee

This style represents counterculture and rebellion in baseball as owners in the 70's broke tradition. I think tradition shall be broken in baseball once again.

When did the Cubs win a pennant in their pullovers? In fact, was polyester even around the last time the Cubs won a pennant?

But to answer the original question, I wouldn't want to see a return of pullovers, but I think a button-down powder blue would definetly be doable...

Yes it represents a good time for that franchise but you don't want to get stuck in the past. Besides, back in the 70's, chances were that a team with pullovers was going to win the World Series. What teams back then DIDN'T have pullovers?

Off the top of my head...

Phillies

Expos

Dodgers

Yankees

Orioles (I may be wrong here)

Detroit (they may have had road pullovers)

and.. uh... that's all I got.

So 20 of 26 teams had pullovers? I didn't realize it was that high.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes it represents a good time for that franchise but you don't want to get stuck in the past. Besides, back in the 70's, chances were that a team with pullovers was going to win the World Series. What teams back then DIDN'T have pullovers?

Phillies

Expos

Dodgers

Yankees

Orioles did have orange alternates that were pullovers; their primary home and road jerseys were button-downs as best as I can remember (they definitely had button-downs in the '79 and '83 World Series). And better still, they were rockin' the beltless pants well past the '83 title.

The Tigers had pullover road jerseys until they got rid of the block arched "DETROIT".

And as I know BBTV knows, the Phillies opted for the ill-conceived "Choice C"... no buttons, no pullovers... but zippers. (Why?)

Kinda weird that the teams that never broke down and went for pullovers are 2 teams that epitomize tradition and unchanged uniforms in the Dodgers and Yankees... and the Expos. :blink:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

In my (relatively uneducated) baseball opinion, I think there are two teams out there who could pull this off and make it stick: the Oakland A's, and the Cincinnati Reds.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Phillies

Expos

Dodgers

Yankees

Orioles did have orange alternates that were pullovers; their primary home and road jerseys were button-downs as best as I can remember (they definitely had button-downs in the '79 and '83 World Series). And better still, they were rockin' the beltless pants well past the '83 title.

The Tigers had pullover road jerseys until they got rid of the block arched "DETROIT".

And as I know BBTV knows, the Phillies opted for the ill-conceived "Choice C"... no buttons, no pullovers... but zippers. (Why?)

Kinda weird that the teams that never broke down and went for pullovers are 2 teams that epitomize tradition and unchanged uniforms in the Dodgers and Yankees... and the Expos. :blink:

I actually recommended choice C as an alternative to buttons and pullovers in the current Oakland A's concept thread. That's one solution I can't ever see coming back. I'd honestly like to know what their thinking was - what advantage did zippers give over buttons anyway?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do You Think some MLB Teams should bring back Pullovers and Beltless Pants?

Only if they want their fans to lose their sense of sight. Blech.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

That stuff is from a different era, you gotta stick with the times. Just because something reminds you of something good, doesnt mean you have to bring it back.

If the first time you got laid was in 1985 and you were wearing a Miami Vice get up, you sure as hell arent gonna be that successful in 2007 wearing that.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I know that this is unusually weird, but I think some MLB Teams should permanently bring back the Pullovers and beltless pants. They represent championship eras in most of the following teams:

...Pittsburgh,

If you want to see this every night, you are crazy.

stargell79_185x250.jpg

I actually recommended choice C as an alternative to buttons and pullovers in the current Oakland A's concept thread. That's one solution I can't ever see coming back. I'd honestly like to know what their thinking was - what advantage did zippers give over buttons anyway?

You know how many of us in the U.S. Armed Forces, namely those of us in the U.S. Army, are wondering precisely the same thing??? :D

At least they're not exploring the possibility of velcro adhesive for nameplates and uniform numbers...

...yet. :therock:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

You know how many of us in the U.S. Armed Forces, namely those of us in the U.S. Army, are wondering precisely the same thing??? :D

At least they're not exploring the possibility of velcro adhesive for nameplates and uniform numbers...

...yet. :therock:

In my (relatively uneducated) baseball opinion, I think there are two teams out there who could pull this off and make it stick: the Oakland A's, and the Cincinnati Reds.

How about the Royals' powder blues?

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

nobody should EVER wear pullovers and beltless pants again. EVER.

no, not even for "turn back the clock days"

I'm agree with you.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

...Pittsburgh,

If you want to see this every night, you are crazy.

stargell79_185x250.jpg

A helluva lot better than that red crap they introduced this season.

Archived