mets black uni's?

bowld

i know i read a report somewhere saying they wanted to wear the black jerseys less this year but its been 5 games and they havent wore them yet at all. usually these guys where them a few times a week.

also..why not do away with the black alts and have a blue alt with orange and white lettering to keep the color scheme how it should be?

i know i read a report somewhere saying they wanted to wear the black jerseys less this year but its been 5 games and they havent wore them yet at all. usually these guys where them a few times a week.

also..why not do away with the black alts and have a blue alt with orange and white lettering to keep the color scheme how it should be?

I heard that report too but i forgot where. As a mets fan i'm kinda happy that there will be less black and think they should wear more blue especiallly at away games similar to the dodgers. As for the blue alt, i'm puzzled on why they don't have one but you know the sporting trend of having black unis/alts just to make some $$$.

I heard that report too but i forgot where. As a mets fan i'm kinda happy that there will be less black and think they should wear more blue especiallly at away games similar to the dodgers. As for the blue alt, i'm puzzled on why they don't have one but you know the sporting trend of having black unis/alts just to make some $$$.

Why not have a two alt.,a blue and a black one.Make sense doesn't it? But it makes too much sense for the TPTB.

Why not have a two alt.,a blue and a black one.Make sense doesn't it? But it makes too much sense for the TPTB.

So, you're talking about an alternate for the alternate? That is a slippery slope, my friend, especially with the Mets. At one point they had two BP caps. A specially desgined cap for batting practice is absurd. Having two is downright stupid.

So, you're talking about an alternate for the alternate? That is a slippery slope, my friend, especially with the Mets. At one point they had two BP caps. A specially desgined cap for batting practice is absurd. Having two is downright stupid.

The Mets already have two alts. They have the white jersey without pinstripes and the black jersey. Wouldn't three be going a little overboard?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, April 8th, 2007 - 11:47:02) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

The Mets already have two alts. They have the white jersey without pinstripes and the black jersey. Wouldn't three be going a little overboard?

And two black alts at that...one that says "Mets" in the cursive script, and one that says "New York" for the away games.

And judging by the color of Tommy Glavine's cap in the game vs the Braves yesterday, I think the black jerseys are due to come out of the woodwork soon...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They'll still wear the blacks, but not as much. Since Omar Minaya got here they've worn the blacks less and less each year. I'd say for road games they'll probably wear the grey for 60-65 and black for 15-20. For home games they'll probably wear the solid white for around 45, the pinstripes for 15 and the black for around 20. this is all just guessing on my part but that breakdown is what i'd expect to happen.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think you misunderstood what i said bro :), im talking about something like a Blue Alt w/ Mets on the jersey and a black one w/ New York on the jersey,that's what i was referring to.

(edit: now i kinda know where you're coming from the reason why i came up w 2 different colored Alt is because since the Black was making the Mets a :cursing: load of $$$ why not keep one of the black jerseys.Hope that came out right this time. :D)

I think you misunderstood what i said bro :), im talking about something like a Blue Alt w/ Mets on the jersey and a black one w/ New York on the jersey,that's what i was referring to.

(edit: now i kinda know where you're coming from the reason why i came up w 2 different colored Alt is because since the Black was making the Mets a :cursing: load of $$$ why not keep one of the black jerseys.Hope that came out right this time. :D)

I agree, I want to see a blue home alt with Orange "Mets" font not black, and with same piping as the black ones. Keep the black one with "New York" for the road. Have 2 different color alts like the Diamondbacks have.

Yes, I'm happy to see that the Mets do seem to be wearing the black unis & black caps less nowadays......Now if they can just get rid of them altogether....I remember being shocked in the last 2 games at home in the NLCS last year vs. St. Louis that they actually wore the pinstripes uniforms and royal blue caps.....That should be their home uniform always, although the snow white unis aren't horrible. Just gray unis & the blue caps (bag the black & blue caps) on the road too, although I know I'm a bit of a dinosaur about that.....I'm wondering or perhaps heard that maybe when the Mets move into their new stadium in '09 that they will make a permanent change in their duds and not have all these variations.....Ah, get rid of the drop shadows on the letters and numbers, go back to the old blue & orange colors only of yesteryear, put the NY back into the logo, no names on the back.......Ha, okay, I know I'm going too far now.

Yes, I'm happy to see that the Mets do seem to be wearing the black unis & black caps less nowadays......Now if they can just get rid of them altogether....I remember being shocked in the last 2 games at home in the NLCS last year vs. St. Louis that they actually wore the pinstripes uniforms and royal blue caps.....That should be their home uniform always, although the snow white unis aren't horrible. Just gray unis & the blue caps (bag the black & blue caps) on the road too, although I know I'm a bit of a dinosaur about that.....I'm wondering or perhaps heard that maybe when the Mets move into their new stadium in '09 that they will make a permanent change in their duds and not have all these variations.....Ah, get rid of the drop shadows on the letters and numbers, go back to the old blue & orange colors only of yesteryear, put the NY back into the logo, no names on the back.......Ha, okay, I know I'm going too far now.

Mets wore the black cap and the solid white alternate for the home opener. Truly disappointing.

I haven't seen a black jersey so far this season, and that's good. But the Mets should take it one step further and get rid of the black cap, at least at home.

You're entitled to your opinion.

It does seem as though the Mets are playing down the black in all their print ads, too. Much more focus on royal and orange.

hopefully that would translate that to on the field as well.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived