Cavs wearing alts on national TV AGAIN...

Titanium Eagle

I seriously think the NBA needs to put a limit on how many times you can wear alts/throwbacks. I don't know what it is, but something about teams whoring their merchandise like that makes me mad. I can understand it if they just did it on the road, but they go out of their way to do it at home too.

i dont even remember how the red jerseys look. they will prob. do the same thing they did last playoffs and wear dark blue the whole time. those jerseys will look nice losing to miami in the 1st round. hopefully we jump in front of toronto to the 3rd seed so we can play the wizards who are done w/o arenas

I thought they were gonna were Navy last week when they played the Knicks at the Garden, considering everyone else, except the Mavs and Hawks, like wearing their alts at the Garden....but they wore red.

It does seem like every National televised game i seen the Cavs in latily they are wearing their Orange Hardwood Classics at home or their Navy alts on the road

I thought they were gonna were Navy last week when they played the Knicks at the Garden, considering everyone else, except the Mavs and Hawks, like wearing their alts at the Garden....but they wore red.

It does seem like every National televised game i seen the Cavs in latily they are wearing their Orange Hardwood Classics at home or their Navy alts on the road

And they play in like every nationally televised game. :mad:

There are only like six different teams that the NBA has play on Sunday, LA, PHX, Dal, Mia, Det and Cleveland.

There are only like six different teams that the NBA has play on Sunday, LA, PHX, Dal, Mia, Det and Cleveland.

I would add Denver to that list but they're just on ESPN and TNT too damn much

They're just trying to sell them to everyone watching outside of those 2 cities. The Heat did it all the time last year with their nasty Floridian throwbacks.

New Jersey did it the year they went to the Finals in 04

I seriously think the NBA needs to put a limit on how many times you can wear alts/throwbacks. I don't know what it is, but something about teams whoring their merchandise like that makes me mad. I can understand it if they just did it on the road, but they go out of their way to do it at home too.

Funny, I thought that was the NBA was about, the all-mighty dollar.

What? Kings, Rockets, bobcats and raps played today?

He meant Sunday on TV.

ABC's gonna hate if if the Raptors somehow end up in the conference finals. And that sort of has me pulling for them :therock:

Yeah, I'd love to see a Utah-Toronto matchup in the Finals, just to tick off ESPN/ABC.

They should limit the amount of national broadcasts with the Cavs too... I mean, yeah I get it, people love LeBron, but come on, get some variety!

To a Cleveland fan, its funny that there is all this backlash against the Cavs on TV. You see, before Lebron came, the Cavaliers didnt appear on national TV for like, 8 or 9 consecutive years. Thats no joke. The Cavs were about as dead a sports franchise as there ever was. We are talking Montreal Expos-dead here. If the Cavs didnt win that lottery to get Lebron, there is no doubt they would have left town at some point. No doubt at all. Because they were such a dead/boring/nothing franchise, they never, ever appeared on TV.

Now we have something people want to see, and some are bitching and moaning that we are on too much.

Its just funny how things work out.....

ps. The orange jerseys were terrible in the 80's and they are still terrible now. Horrid look that Id be happy if I never saw again.

They should limit the amount of national broadcasts with the Cavs too... I mean, yeah I get it, people love LeBron, but come on, get some variety!

To a Cleveland fan, its funny that there is all this backlash against the Cavs on TV. You see, before Lebron came, the Cavaliers didnt appear on national TV for like, 8 or 9 consecutive years. Thats no joke. The Cavs were about as dead a sports franchise as there ever was. We are talking Montreal Expos-dead here. If the Cavs didnt win that lottery to get Lebron, there is no doubt they would have left town at some point. No doubt at all. Because they were such a dead/boring/nothing franchise, they never, ever appeared on TV.

Now we have something people want to see, and some are bitching and moaning that we are on too much.

ps. The orange jerseys were terrible in the 80's and they are still terrible now. Horrid look that Id be happy if I never saw again.

It is, but there's no real inherent contradiction. People enjoy seeing the best teams more often than the mid-range teams, and nobody really wants to see teams like the current Bobcats or Grizzlies - or the pre-LeBron Cavs. However, seeing the same team on TV every damn weekend gets annoying - I would much rather see the top 10 teams roughly twice as much as the middle 10, and the bottom 10 maybe only once or twice per season. As of this Thursday, the Cavs will have been on TV during 7 of the past 13 days there has been a nationally televised NBA game.

It is, but there's no real inherent contradiction. People enjoy seeing the best teams more often than the mid-range teams, and nobody really wants to see teams like the current Bobcats or Grizzlies - or the pre-LeBron Cavs. However, seeing the same team on TV every damn weekend gets annoying - I would much rather see the top 10 teams roughly twice as much as the middle 10, and the bottom 10 maybe only once or twice per season. As of this Thursday, the Cavs will have been on TV during 7 of the past 13 days there has been a nationally televised NBA game.

I guess I get that, but from a Cleveland fans perspective, we are just making up for lost time. In a few years, we will be about even.\

To me, selfishly, I love to see the Cavaliers getting pub and being on TV, as much as possible. But I remember when we werent on and I was sick of seeing the Barkley Suns and the Pippen Rockets and the Ewing Knicks as much as we did then.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived