Who are you cheering for

habsfan1

The Canucks of course. I'm hoping for a 1970 expansion team final: Vancouver VS Buffalo.

Same here. If the pattern keeps going the way it has been the last 2 finals it will be Vancouver and Atlanta, but who knows.

8prlQWA.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild in the West vs. the winner of Sens-Pens in the East.

If it's the Pens, that would make it a kinda-sorta rematch of the 1991 Cup final (in terms of cities, not franchises).

CCSLC signature.png

The Canucks of course. I'm hoping for a 1970 expansion team final: Vancouver VS Buffalo.

Same here. If the pattern keeps going the way it has been the last 2 finals it will be Vancouver and Atlanta, but who knows.

There's also the "every 12 hockey years" thing going on.

1970 to 1982 - 12 years - Canucks go to finals, lose to the New York Islanders

1982 to 1994 - 12 years - Canucks go to finals, lose to the New York Rangers

1994 to 2007 - Lockout year throws it off, but that's 12 hockey years - ??? (maybe New Jersey?)

i'm very excited to see my Thrashers do well in their first playoff appearance. They've got the players, methinks.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

No clear cut favorite for me.

I like to pull for teams who haven't won the cup.

So.....

Buffalo Sabres

Atlanta Thrashers

Ottawa Senators (Sorry, its not the same team that won cups between the years of 1893 to 1934)

Anaheim Ducks

Minnesota Wild

Vancouver Canucks

San Jose Sharks

Nashville Predators

My money is on either Atlants, Tampa or Pittsburgh in the East and Vancouver, Anaheim and Calgary in the West. Knowing my luck, only one of the 3 West teams I picked will make it to the finals while none of the Eastern teams I chose will. It seems to be how the pattern goes...

Oh yah, I hope the Sabres butcher the Isles in 4. :)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I have a small problem i love both the Devils and Pens so much that if they met each other i would have a hard time rooting for either . . . so as long as its one of those 2 teams i will be happy

I used to have that problem. I used to be a huge Penguins fan as well but the Devils and Penguins didn't meet often in the playoffs (as I remember). Then the Penguins really started the decline and it was much easier to cheer for both of them. I still like the Penguins but I like the Devils more so I will ultimately cheer for them.

My whole hockey life until I was about 10 has been cheering for both the Devils and Penguins and at points having the Penguins as my favorite team and at points, the Devils. When I was about 10 I put one team ahead of the other for good.

My money is on either Atlants, Tampa or Pittsburgh in the East and Vancouver, Anaheim and Calgary in the West. Knowing my luck, only one of the 3 West teams I picked will make it to the finals while none of the Eastern teams I chose will. It seems to be how the pattern goes...

Well hopefully your right. By the way, do you think the Sabres are going to win the Stanley Cup? You can't possibly think the Devils are, right?:P

I have a small problem i love both the Devils and Pens so much that if they met each other i would have a hard time rooting for either . . . so as long as its one of those 2 teams i will be happy

I used to have that problem. I used to be a huge Penguins fan as well but the Devils and Penguins didn't meet often in the playoffs (as I remember). Then the Penguins really started the decline and it was much easier to cheer for both of them. I still like the Penguins but I like the Devils more so I will ultimately cheer for them.

My whole hockey life until I was about 10 has been cheering for both the Devils and Penguins and at points having the Penguins as my favorite team and at points, the Devils. When I was about 10 I put one team ahead of the other for good.

Well hopefully your right. By the way, do you think the Sabres are going to win the Stanley Cup? You can't possibly think the Devils are, right?:P

First, I mean AtlantA, not AtlantIS... even though that would be cool. I don't think the Sabres will win the cup because they have cooled down... unless they can begin to play how they played for most of the season again then they wont go too far. The Devils also have a good chance... it is honestly really hard to call who is going to make it to the finals this year. If the last 3 years have told us anything, its that the top 4 teams are no longer expected to walk right into the second round. The bottom 4 teams can knock off the top teams and we have seen this... I have picked teams who I believe have solid goal tending as well as enough veterens who can help their teams advance and play comptetitivly. Sure there are questions surrounding some teams (such as can Kovalchuk preform under pressure and can Hossa shake his playoff impotence and also can the Penguins young guns rise above the weight and continue to play in the playoffs how they played for the latter part of the season?) but I believe there will be plenty of surprises and upsets this year, just like how its happened the previous few years.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

First, I mean AtlantA, not AtlantIS... even though that would be cool. I don't think the Sabres will win the cup because they have cooled down... unless they can begin to play how they played for most of the season again then they wont go too far. The Devils also have a good chance... it is honestly really hard to call who is going to make it to the finals this year. If the last 3 years have told us anything, its that the top 4 teams are no longer expected to walk right into the second round. The bottom 4 teams can knock off the top teams and we have seen this... I have picked teams who I believe have solid goal tending as well as enough veterens

who can help their teams advance and play comptetitivly. Sure there are questions surrounding some teams (such as can Kovalchuk preform under pressure and can Hossa shake his playoff impotence and also can the Penguins young guns rise above the weight and continue to play in the playoffs how they played for the latter part of the season?) but I believe there will be plenty of surprises and upsets this year, just like how its happened the previous few years.

I was sort of joking when I wrote that. You said that none of the Eastern Conference teams that you predict will make it to the final. That is why I asked if you think that Buffalo will make it to the finals because I really don't want them to (being a Devil's fan and not wanting to face them). I added the Devil's thing at the end because if the people you don't predict get to the finals then I don't want to you to predict the Devils :hockeysmiley:

Anyway thanks your thoughts on how you think Buffalo and New Jersey will fair.

NorthStars

I don't know about that. The Jets are looking pretty good this year.

The Phoenix Jets, Colorado Nordiques and Carolina Whalers didn't even make the playoffs, but the Dallas NorthStars did. Perhaps they'll meet the KC Devils in the finals again and exact revenge for 00.

Please don't shatter my illusions, they're all I have left.

I will root for Detroit, because my wife and most of my in-laws grew up in Michigan.

I will root for Buffalo, because they have been around forever and have never won one, although it would be great if they won it while wearing their original jersey and crest.

I will root for Ottawa, because they get the dirty end of the stick from CBC and the nation in general all the time.

I will root for Calgary, because I lived there for three years and I've always admired the Flames. This puts me in a tough spot for round 1 obviously, since my in-laws will all be rooting for Detroit. But if the Flames pull off the upset, I'll root for them the rest of the way.

Teams I'd love to see eliminated in the first round are New Jersey, Anaheim, Atlanta and Nashville. I also wouldn't shed a tear if Dallas is sent packing in round 1.

Archived