Echidnas Jersey

Nate

Well you asked...

Ever notice that no current teams have colored-in plackets (the area where the buttons are that also wraps around the back of the neck?) There's a reason for that. Simple piping should suffice. Either way, that much color in the middle requires some sleeve trim to balance it out. Also, orange buttons? Unless the goal is to have them look like court jesters, I'd say apply the KISS philosophy here.

As for the logo, IMO mascot-logos don't make good jersey logos. The classic teams use either monograms or scripts, not pictures. Throw that thing on the sleeve, or lost it all together. I did a quick search on Echidnas just to see what it was, and I didn't see any that were that color (they seemed to be mostly brown / sand colored.)

As for the back-view, it looks like you used the basic text tool to type out your name. That in and of itself isn't bad, except that 1) proper-case looks extremely odd on a sports jersey, and 2) non-arched letters look odd on baseball jerseys too. Using paint is not an excuse to not arc your letters. Vitamin D provided a tutorial on how to do this a while back, you could probably search for it. Also, you can do the lettering in Excel or Word using Wordart and paste that into paint. Much cleaner that way (and doesn't require any "serious" tools.)

The numbers are a'ight, though they should probably have some light trim since you have color on color.

The cap - You have a lot of orange going on here, so maybe flipping the colors would be a good idea. Also, the "E" on the cap is 1) way too small, and 2) doesn't go with anything else in the package (at least what you've presented here.) It looks like you just slapped any ole' cursive E on there.

The white button and holes look out of place too.

The pants - OK, if you want to use blue, that's fine - it's a fantasy concept, and you're choice (though if you actually picture these in use during a game, you may have second thoughts about that choice) HOWEVER... orange belt loops and a silver belt? Again, we're throwing way too many colors into this thing, and making them look like clowns. Keep it simple. Blue belt loops and an orange belt. OR Braves-style trim on blue belt loops and an orange belt. OR... well anything else.

The socks / stirrups: I'm not sure if any team has ever not worn white / yellow sanis underneath stirrups. Think about how YOU'D look putting those on. Choosing blue pants makes the sock choice difficult, but the way I see it you only have a few choices: 1)orange high socks 2) orange stirrups over white sanis 3) blue stirrups over white sanis 4) blue stirrups over (gasp) orange sanis.

I think you need to think more about how this would actually look if it was a real-life uniform, and ask yourself if you'd feel proud sporting it in front of 40k people.

Keep at it, you can do better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's what I would do to improve it:

- Keep the placket orange like BringBackTheVet said.

- Try and clean up the logo somehow, maybe add some color to it. Get some help from someone on the boards, there are some very talented men here, and I'm sure at least one of them would take the time to help you out.

- Work on the number font and the nameplate, keep the name in all CAPS, it looks very odd this way and make sure they are centered.

- The 'E' looks really small on the hat, and most teams don't use their initials of their nickname, but the initials of their city. So your team represents East Syracuse, I would combine the 'E' and the 'S'--like a lot of major league teams do (I.E. San Fransisco, St. Louis, New York, San Diego, etc.)--to create a cap logo.

- I'm not too hot on the dark blue pants, I'd use white with a blue and/or orange stripe going down the side but they're really not too bad.

You can do a lot better than this, just take some time to work on your concepts and you should be okay.

Damn! I'm disappointed.

You said "echidnas".

I don't know...guess I was expecting, oh, I don't know...THE echidna.

knuckles.jpg

:D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You still working on this Nate, or did Rams and I waste time out of our lives giving you feedback?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You still working on this Nate, or did Rams and I waste time out of our lives giving you feedback?

I really give you guys credit for not pointing out the fact that this was done in less than 35 seconds.

philly.png

I really give you guys credit for not pointing out the fact that this was done in less than 35 seconds.

Meh, that would have been too easy. Don't want to scare the n00bs away. AAO's early work was pretty poor too, but people still gave CC and he improved quite a bit. If Nate turns out to be the next Todd Radom, I want him to always look back at this and remember how BBTV helped give him direction early in his career.

[/high horse]

The logo would work for a team called the Syracuse Claw-Reaching-for-Featherduster. The Echidnas? Not so much.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Well you asked...

Ever notice that no current teams have colored-in plackets (the area where the buttons are that also wraps around the back of the neck?) There's a reason for that. Simple piping should suffice. Either way, that much color in the middle requires some sleeve trim to balance it out. Also, orange buttons? Unless the goal is to have them look like court jesters, I'd say apply the KISS philosophy here.

As for the logo, IMO mascot-logos don't make good jersey logos. The classic teams use either monograms or scripts, not pictures. Throw that thing on the sleeve, or lost it all together. I did a quick search on Echidnas just to see what it was, and I didn't see any that were that color (they seemed to be mostly brown / sand colored.)

As for the back-view, it looks like you used the basic text tool to type out your name. That in and of itself isn't bad, except that 1) proper-case looks extremely odd on a sports jersey, and 2) non-arched letters look odd on baseball jerseys too. Using paint is not an excuse to not arc your letters. Vitamin D provided a tutorial on how to do this a while back, you could probably search for it. Also, you can do the lettering in Excel or Word using Wordart and paste that into paint. Much cleaner that way (and doesn't require any "serious" tools.)

The numbers are a'ight, though they should probably have some light trim since you have color on color.

The cap - You have a lot of orange going on here, so maybe flipping the colors would be a good idea. Also, the "E" on the cap is 1) way too small, and 2) doesn't go with anything else in the package (at least what you've presented here.) It looks like you just slapped any ole' cursive E on there.

The pants - OK, if you want to use blue, that's fine - it's a fantasy concept, and you're choice (though if you actually picture these in use during a game, you may have second thoughts about that choice) HOWEVER... orange belt loops and a silver belt? Again, we're throwing way too many colors into this thing, and making them look like clowns. Keep it simple. Blue belt loops and an orange belt. OR Braves-style trim on blue belt loops and an orange belt. OR... well anything else.

The socks / stirrups: I'm not sure if any team has ever not worn white / yellow sanis underneath stirrups. Think about how YOU'D look putting those on. Choosing blue pants makes the sock choice difficult, but the way I see it you only have a few choices: 1)orange high socks 2) orange stirrups over white sanis 3) blue stirrups over white sanis 4) blue stirrups over (gasp) orange sanis.

I think you need to think more about how this would actually look if it was a real-life uniform, and ask yourself if you'd feel proud sporting it in front of 40k people.

Oh yeah? I'll button your placket, jackoff. Where are you're consepts? Who the F are you to tell someone whats good and not what are you some kind of designer? Were's you're portfolio? Oh yeah - your just some fat :censored: sitting at a desk ripping apart stuff that people work real hard on. Speaking of hard ons thats prolly what you like too. Taht's what I gave you're momma last day. Get a life, and think about the peoples feelings your critiquing, douchebag.

Oh yeah? I'll button your placket, jackoff. Where are you're consepts? Who the F are you to tell someone whats good and not what are you some kind of designer? Were's you're portfolio? Oh yeah - your just some fat :censored: sitting at a desk ripping apart stuff that people work real hard on. Speaking of hard ons thats prolly what you like too. Taht's what I gave you're momma last day. Get a life, and think about the peoples feelings your critiquing, douchebag.

Man... those Philly fans are rough.

philly.png

Well you asked...

Complete with spelling and grammatical errors, this is excellent work. Well done.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Using paint is not an excuse to not arc your letters. Vitamin D provided a tutorial on how to do this a while back, you could probably search for it. Also, you can do the lettering in Excel or Word using Wordart and paste that into paint. Much cleaner that way (and doesn't require any "serious" tools.)

(Bangs head into wall)If I'd only known about that, my logo I did for my school would've looked so much better... :mad:

That script is really nice, I especially like the way the "E" is shaped.

I'm not sure about the logo, only because the three components (mascot, diamond, wordmark) all look like independant objects slapped on top of one another (each one very good, just maybe not together.) Considering you just threw this together for someone else, it's awesome, and if Nate ever comes back, he should thank the hell out of you.

-Just noticed: what is that black stuff visible on the back view of the cap?

That script is really nice, I especially like the way the "E" is shaped.

I'm not sure about the logo, only because the three components (mascot, diamond, wordmark) all look like independant objects slapped on top of one another (each one very good, just maybe not together.) Considering you just threw this together for someone else, it's awesome, and if Nate ever comes back, he should thank the hell out of you.

-Just noticed: what is that black stuff visible on the back view of the cap?

Shadows. It was a dark and stormy night when that was vectored.

(Either shadows or tobacco juice.)

And yes, it took something like 20 minutes to do the logo.

I didn't really expect him to come back, let alone offer thanks.

The script is a font called Sporty Script, with a Letterhead Fonts Ephemera swoosh under it.

I was going to do all his sleeve variations, but I needed a coffee, after the 20 minutes logoising, so you know, they kinda got left out.

But hey, it's a cool template eh?

:)

PS I also considered doing it on the Korean template, which has Home, Road, Batting Jersey, Jacket and Socks.

But in all honetsy, I just couldn't be bothered, as I don't think the kid will be coming back.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I feel used and violated taking the time to provide feedback to someone who just disappears. I kind of want to keep this bumped until Nate offers at least some kind of acknowledgement that he read what we wrote.

How many times to people paste less-than-steller concepts and then complain about the lack of C/C? This is why.

EDIT: That template is pretty sweet. I actually just noticed the gold belt-buckle! You should give the guy one of those oversized cowboy-style belt buckles, with the new logo on it!

I'm not sure if you want any C/C, but I'll offer a little more anyway - standard block would look way better for the numbers. That is all.

Archived