For anyone who cares about Rugby....

Akuma

The skin tight shirts at the last World Cup were bad enough, especially given their tendency to fall apart at the slightest tear.

I really doubt too many front-row forwards are going to enjoy wearing those shorts :o

Ya, but the Ladies will love them :D This is why I like Canterbury better. They make shirts that are easy to wear & aren't skintight. BTW, England will get a pair of these kits as well for the upcoming world cup.

Why are these black? The French should be blue. Nike's out to ruin the uniform world one sport at a time.

I think the black is the away one they will probably use the white one next to it as the home.

also what the hell is going on with the shorts.

These are horrible. Putting the swirly on has a swishifying effect (not good), and I don't remember an equipment manufacturer ever changing a national team's colors before... asking as a casual rugby fan, has France ever worn black - anywhere - in the past?

Honestly, I think that whoever made the final decision on the colour wanted the shirt to be Navy Blue. Ultimately that choice would have been doomed from the word Go because...

1. Navy Blue isn't a French colour, Royal Blue is most commonly used by all French teams.

2. As mentioned before, Navy Blue is often mistaken for Black.

Maybe the French Union wanted to use Black after New Zealand won both tests in the Autumn thinking "maybe if we wear Black, we can beat the All Blacks!" :D

• LMU locked this topic

Archived