The Milwaukee Indians?

Sec19Row53

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun Fact: The Indians actually played at County Stadium in Major League. Can we get Charlie Sheen to throw out the first pitch so Bob Uecker can go "juuuuuust a bit outside"? Is this the first neutral-site game since the Marlins hosted the Expos at Comiskey Park?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

wild thang...you make my heart sang...man, they GOTTA somehow bust out the pre-Jake threads for this one :D

"hats for bats. keep bats warm."

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That's increadible. I wonder how many people will go to the games. They should play it at the metrodome (I realize the Twins are at home right now...), then you would get some people to come out and cheer agasint the "home" team.

With the Twins ballpark plans in jeopardy, I hope this weather does not hurt the effort to get an open-air stadium.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That's increadible. I wonder how many people will go to the games. They should play it at the metrodome (I realize the Twins are at home right now...), then you would get some people to come out and cheer agasint the "home" team.

With the Twins ballpark plans in jeopardy, I hope this weather does not hurt the effort to get an open-air stadium.

I'm taking the family Wednesday night. I have a co-worker in from the west coast this week, who is an Angel's season ticket holder. I'm guessing he'll hit the two night games.

Timing is everything.

It's where I sit.

This, I believe, is the first time that they've moved a series to another ballpark since the Marlins played the Expos at "Comiskey" a couple of years ago towards the end of the season because of a hurricane. I think it may have even been the year the won the World Series.

I get the feeling that in cases such as this, the league may generally prefer a park in the opposite league, so that at least it's more neutral. I could be wrong, but it makes sense.

philly.png

Yeah, it does kinda make sense.

Miller Park also makes sense, being relatively close and with the retractable roof.

Another fun trivia fact: Milwaukee hosted nine Chicago White Sox home games in 1968 and eleven in 1969. The attendance in Milwaukee for those few games represented one-third of the total Sox home attendance in those years - don't think we'll see such numbers for the Indians (nor will we see the Indians almost move to Milwaukee).

This, I believe, is the first time that they've moved a series to another ballpark since the Marlins played the Expos at "Comiskey" a couple of years ago towards the end of the season because of a hurricane. I think it may have even been the year the won the World Series.

I get the feeling that in cases such as this, the league may generally prefer a park in the opposite league, so that at least it's more neutral. I could be wrong, but it makes sense.

Correct, here are all the neutral site games ever played. That site is amazing.

It would be nice to have the games in Buffalo since we have their AAA team but we have some snow also. I would go if they were here.

saBS.png

Is it just me or does anyone miss when it was called plain old SkyDome? I wouldn't think it would hurt the chances of the Twins new stadium. The MLB needs to realize weather in the midwest in April is unpredictible. So play in warm weather cities or in covered stadiums to start the season it would clean up a lot but not all of the weather issues.

moss_moon.gif

Another fun trivia fact: Milwaukee hosted nine Chicago White Sox home games in 1968 and eleven in 1969. The attendance in Milwaukee for those few games represented one-third of the total Sox home attendance in those years.

Talk about your dark days. I once saw a programs for those games, which showed the Beer Barrel Man and the "Milwaukee Brewers" name on the front - those games bore much more of a "this team is going to move here soon" vibe than the Expos' trips to San Juan.

Basically, the White Sox are still playing on the South Side by virtue of the ineptitude of the Seattle Pilots. I'm pretty sure that was much more of a legitimate threat to the franchise than the schtick and posturing about playing in the Suncoast Dome ever was.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wasn't there some talk of Charlie O. Finley moving the A's to the South Side so his team could be closer to NW Indiana, where he's from?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it make sense to play this series in Anaheim and then have a series that was scheduled for Anaheim moved to Cleveland to balance it out?

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it make sense to play this series in Anaheim and then have a series that was scheduled for Anaheim moved to Cleveland to balance it out?

Well, I was going to make light of this suggestion for the reason of travel, but now looking at when the Indians go to LA to play the Angels, it would have made some sense. Instead of having Cleveland go from Minnesota to LA to Chicago they would go Minny, home, Chicago, which is much more manageable. Flipping that, the Angels would only be starting their roadtrip four days earlier as, if the games were switched, they would be going to Baltimore anyway.

I'm thinking, though, it had to do with short notice and logistics.

Hey, maybe the people of Milwaukee will finally get to watch some quality baseball.... oops, did I say that out loud?

*ZING!*

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived