Oregon State's New Look

thinkkre8tiv

Check out the new look. I like it. A nice modern look for a very well known mascot.

http://admin.xosn.com//pdf7/71164.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=4700

logo_os_2007.gif

School drops the 'U' from its logo to set itself apart from other schools

by Gary Horowitz / Statesman Journal

The new ?OS? logo was on display Thursday throughout Goss Stadium.

You could see it atop the scoreboard, on the caps of Oregon State baseball players, and on fans' T-shirts and sweatshirts.

Kay King of Florence brought her hooded white sweatshirt with orange ?OS? interlocking letters to the baseball game between defending national champion Oregon State and USC.

?I'm going to miss the OSU just because we had it forever,? said King, who attended the game with her husband Bob. ?I think it's classy and I think it signifies who we are and will separate us from all the other O's and S's out there.?

The baseball team has been wearing ?OS? on its caps all season, and it will serve as the logo for every OSU athletic team. The ?OS? became the official secondary logo Wednesday, with the Beaver head remaining as the primary logo. According to OSU officials, the Beavers will be the only major college program featuring an ?OS? logo.

?This new branding effort will enable us to create a common identity and will set us apart from other schools that have similar color schemes and abbreviations,? athletic director Bob De Carolis said. ?I want to stress that we will still be OSU to our fans and alumni.?

Ohio State and Oklahoma State, which has the same color scheme as the Beavers, also are known as OSU. The ?OS? will give the Beavers their own identity.

?The reason I like it is it gives some uniformity for all the sports teams,? said Bob King, a Beavers' alum. ?I was embarrassed that everyone had a different logo and something different on their uniforms.?

Scott Sanders and his 11-year-old son Tanner also gave a thumbs up to the new logo.

?I think it's a little strange for some people, but it grows on you,? said Sanders, a Corvallis resident who was wearing a black had with ?OS? lettering. ?It'll get popular.?

?I think it's a cooler look,? Tanner said.

The new look is part of a collaborative effort between the university, Collegiate Licensing Company, and Michael Morrow, who designed the logo.

?Now that we have established ourselves nationally we need to have a clean look in terms of how we represent Oregon State, Beavers, and use logos,? De Carolis said. ?All 17 of our sports will now have a uniformed look.?

Source:

StatsmanJournal

Seeing how this thread will be locked or merged shortly anyways. thinkkr8tiv, you do some phenominal work. I just checked out your portfolio and you should be more than proud of the work you do. I venture over to logopond from time to time and I've seen your stuff and loved it but I never knew it was you who created it. Big props.

Seeing how this thread will be locked or merged shortly anyways. thinkkr8tiv, you do some phenominal work. I just checked out your portfolio and you should be more than proud of the work you do. I venture over to logopond from time to time and I've seen your stuff and loved it but I never knew it was you who created it. Big props.

Thanks for the comments. My true love is sports marketing but have never gotten the chance to explore it further, except for a few concepts for the original Intense Football League when I was living in Amarillo.

I will however get to design a few mock-ups for the Amarillo ISD for a few new schools elementary - high school for mascots and wordmarks.

Hey we all get to start in sports logos somewhere!!!! LOL!

This is also a link to the designers homepage.

http://www.morrowcre8v.com/#

Seeing how this thread will be locked or merged shortly anyways.

Why would that happen? This is not leaked information. It was on the Statesman Journal's website.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs..../704060342/1018

• LMU locked this topic

Archived