2007 NHL Awards

NJTank

wow such homerism Tank!!!

Brodeur for both the Vezina and Hart Trophy???

Hell there are easily 5 other goalies that could win before Brodeur does. Also I will say Crosby for MVP. But Brodeur???

Paul Stastny for Rookie of the Year. He was better after the All-Star Break than Malkin. Additionally, he played a huge role in the Avalanche's near miraculous run to the eight seed with his NHL Rookie Record 20 game scoring streak.

IUe6Hvh.png

Paul Stastny for Rookie of the Year. He was better after the All-Star Break than Malkin. Additionally, he played a huge role in the Avalanche's near miraculous run to the eight seed with his NHL Rookie Record 20 game scoring streak.

I think Stastny is close, but Malkin had slightly better stats, and the Penguins turnaround from last season can not be ignored.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Don't forget that the Canucks weren't in the playoffs last year either and now they are Northwest champs. They leapfrogged Calgary, Edmonton, and Colorado this year in the standings and had to fend off Minnesota all year long. I can't see how Luongo won't give Brodeur a run for his money this year, especially since Brodeur has won the Vezina a few times now.

Either way I think one of these two goalies should probably win the Hart and not Crosby.

I feel Brodeur is a shoe-in for Vezina, but for Hart, even Luongo earns it before Brodeur does. But I think Crosby ought to win primarily just because of the gigantic turnaround Pittsburgh has gone through in just one season thanks to him. The same thing could be said for Luongo, but Vancouver wasn't nearly as dreadful last year.

The thing with Brodeur is that he's done pretty much what everyone expected him to, which is not a surprise at all. It isn't so much that he's so important to his team--of course he's going to break the games and minutes played record when the team decides to make him their only option in goal--but that the backup goalie was given extremely little chance to even show that he is a factor.

For Calder, Malkin will probably win, but I think Paul Stastny could win it. Malkin may have assisted in Pittsburgh fantastic turnaround, but Stastny was partially responsible for Colorado even being in the playoff hunt for the last part of the season considering how bad they were.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I like the Sabres, so I think Sabres should win all of the awards. That's reasonable, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yes, including the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl.

They got the No. 3 seed in the West too!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I feel Brodeur is a shoe-in for Vezina, but for Hart, even Luongo earns it before Brodeur does.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Well the Canucks without Luongo would be worse than the Devils without Brodeur--therefore Luongo is more valuable--and that's what the trophy is for--most valuable--even if Brodeur is better, doesn't make him more valuable to his team.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Don't forget that the Canucks weren't in the playoffs last year either and now they are Northwest champs. They leapfrogged Calgary, Edmonton, and Colorado this year in the standings and had to fend off Minnesota all year long. I can't see how Luongo won't give Brodeur a run for his money this year, especially since Brodeur has won the Vezina a few times now.

Either way I think one of these two goalies should probably win the Hart and not Crosby.

So Brodeur gets punished for staying with one team his entire career? You can't say look how good the Devils were last year because the Devils were that good last year because they had Brodeur. Let's also be honest here the Canucks in front of Luongo are as awful as most are making them out to be. Remember before last season they were picked by many to win the Stanley Cup. Also last season they should have been a playoff team but the loser point screwed them and Edmonton got in because of that. They were a good team in search of that last piece which was Luongo that doesn't make him the Vezina or MVP winner. You can't give the guy the hardware just because he forced a trade out of wherever they were and came to a different team. Sure the Devils have been good the last 12 years but they have been that good because of Brodeur. Take Brodeur off that team last year do you think that team would have made the playoffs. No they wouldn't have they would have missed just like the Canucks.

The teams in front of both goalies are very similar. They play the same style and have about the same offensive production. So it basically comes down to the stats. Brodeur is better in every major goaltending category. He has a better goals against, save %, Wins, and more than twice the number of shutouts. 9 of Brodeur's 12 shutouts have been either final scores of 2-0 or 1-0 (Many of the 2-0 were an empty net goal) meaning he basically had to post the shutout to get the win.

I can maybe accept and argument for Crosby over Brodeur for the Hart but when it comes to Brodeur vs Luongo it has to be Brodeur. He was just better in every way to Luongo this year. Don't get me wrong Luongo is number 2 but you can't put him above Brodeur.

Here is what I feel will be the nominee's for certain awards (i don't agree with al of them, just the way the NHL decides for awards):

Jack Adams

Lindy Ruff

Barry Trotz

Ted Nolan

Hart

Sidney Crosby

Joe Thornton

Roberto Luongo

Vezina

Martin Brodeur

Roberto Luongo

Ryan Miller