Baseball on iTunes

OMMF

iTunes has started selling complete baseball games for $1.99. None of the games offered are from this season and only 1 is from within the last 7 years. The one that caught my eye, though, was Nolan Ryan's 7th no-hitter presented in all it's glory on CTV's Labatt's Blue Jays Baseball. Just waiting until they get the Red Sox championship game on there.

ctv.png

• 2 weeks later...

iTunes has started selling complete baseball games for $1.99. None of the games offered are from this season and only 1 is from within the last 7 years. The one that caught my eye, though, was Nolan Ryan's 7th no-hitter presented in all it's glory on CTV's Labatt's Blue Jays Baseball. Just waiting until they get the Red Sox championship game on there.

ctv.png

Bumping to correct myself. They now offer an AL and NL game of the week, which, so far, includes Dice-K vs King Felix, Buehrle's no-hitter and a few others.

Also, they have added to the historical games including the aforementioned Red Sox WS game and the Cardinals WS game. Sadly, they also have game 7 of the 2003 ALCS with Aaron :censored:ing Boone and his game winning home run.

How is its resolution? Can it be viewable for a TV set?

I don't have specific answers for you, by assumption is absolutely yes. Apple has been pushing that all of their videos look "pretty good" when viewed on a TV, but I think the problem is getting there. Assuming you have a video iPod, you can use the video cables. However, I would imagine that Apple would most prefer you buy the $300 waste of space AppleTV, a machine that will stream content from iTunes on your computer to your TV, but nothing else.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Doesn't even have to be that hard - just download to a computer with an S-Video connection (usually on the video card), plug into the TV, set video card to "clone output", and voila!

(Your mileage will vary, of course, depending on your video card. Of course, if you don't have an S-Video connector on your video card - and most of the newer ones do - I can't help you.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

ctv.png

Ah I remember watching that game and hoping that Ryan would blow it (I was 8, I had no idea nor did I care about the history of the event I was witnessing)...

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived