Reds - Dbacks

floydnimrod

The font and black outlines on the Reds' road jerseys looks much better compared to the home jerseys. Now if only they would ditch the black bill on the road hat.

The Diamondbacks' new look is solid, overall. Still, the "D-backs" script bugs me. They should just put the "D" or "A" logo on the left chest, Yankees/Tigers/Cubs/ChiSox style.

Thought that just occurred to me:

You could make an A monogram out of a "d," a "b," and a crossbar. Why didn't the D-Bags do that? It would've looked like a stylized A with a hidden D and B. Instead, they just went with a wang.

A.jpg

Work in progress, but that's what I have in mind.

Looks great. I like it, but clean it up once you are done.

You could make an A monogram out of a "d," a "b," and a crossbar. Why didn't the D-Bags do that? It would've looked like a stylized A with a hidden D and B. Instead, they just went with a wang.

A.jpg

I see more wang here, now, than ever before.

sf.png

A.jpg

Me too. I guess there's something about Arizona baseball that lends itself to phallic imagery. Maybe it's the heat.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

A.jpg

Me too. I guess there's something about Arizona baseball that lends itself to phallic imagery. Maybe it's the heat.

Why do I keep seeing a pair of keys everytime I look at the logo?

My take on this is that although you CAN do something like this (i.e. a combined monogram logo thing) it may not always be the BEST solution. Sometimes trying too hard to make something happen with a logo takes away from the actual purpose of the logo and makes it more about just putting a bunch of stuff together and trying to make it work. I still think the logo they ended up with is the best solution...but I give you kudos in making the attempt.

A.jpg

It doesn't help that they have a guy called "The Big Unit" on their team, either.

I guess there's something about Arizona baseball that lends itself to phallic imagery.

KS4853.jpghotsprings5.jpg

Post of the day? I think so.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like the arizona ones a lot... The reds ones are good

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I really like the Reds new uniforms. They look classic yet modern. I orginally didn't like the placement of the numbers on the front of the home jerseys. But I didn't really notice it when I saw them in action.

The Diamondbacks uniforms are alright. I don't really see the Astros like most people do. The colors are similar, but I haven't mistaken the d-backs for the astros when I've seen their highlights. Those black uniforms look horrible though. No reason for that team to wear black.

I wish the Diamond backs would have kept their diamond trim on the sleeves of their alternate jerseys. I thought that was one of the only good parts of their old uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think we should make Luis Gonzalez an honorary member of the board. This is from an article about his return to Arizona tomorrow as a member of the Dodgers (bold is mine):

"He is curious, however, to see the organization's new look, which includes a color scheme change at Chase Field and on the D-backs' uniforms.

"It'll be old-home week, except for the Houston Astros colors on the other side," he said.

Said Arizona manager Bob Melvin: "It'll be funny seeing him out there. I've watched TV. I've seen him out there in Dodger blue, so it's not going to be like it'll be a complete surprise. Yet you're used to seeing him out there in purple pinstripes and we're not in purple pinstripes anymore. Once you get the first game off the ledger with him out there, then it's just back to business."

"

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

• LMU locked this topic

Archived