Two toned helmets

BadSeed84

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's hoping that it is a fad that runs its course quickly.

Lame.

I agree. I thought the batting helmet was a hardened version of the field hat. Why not go little league style and get everyone a red or navy one then :P

KISSwall09.jpg

I have to agree with Hormone here. The two tone helmets give the batter the little league look.

Of course with Pujols slow start this year maybe they can put the ball on a "T" the next time he is up to bat.... Alright Cardinals fans don't get too freaked out by that statment, I have good old Albert on my Fantasy Baseball team and he's just killing me to start this season.....

I think I might be the only person whose always liked the two-tone helmets.

I'm all but convinced that the softball unis of the 70's were part of a conspiracy to rally support for a return to "traditional" uniforms assuring that baseball would never have to evolve like other sports.

2/3rds of baseball teams already wear some variation of red/blue, at least this allows for some kind of creativity.

This particular thread has no monetary value to it whatsoever without having photographic evidence.

(Thread Worthless Without Pics)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

OK, so this is going to be a dumb question... but where is the best place to look for photographic evidence of this? mlb.com showed me a picture of the dodgers batting helmets from yesterday, but too small to see any color difference, and no luck for the rockies. ESPN usually gives me stock photos from NHL games, but I'm not seeing them for MLB games.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I'm all but convinced that the softball unis of the 70's were part of a conspiracy to rally support for a return to "traditional" uniforms assuring that baseball would never have to evolve like other sports.

So what you're saying is that they changed the uniforms so they wouldn't have to change the uniforms? :wacko:

Look at the Padres and Diamondbacks and tell me that baseball design hasn't evolved. Heck, look at the crazy Reds typeface....

So what you're saying is that they changed the uniforms so they wouldn't have to change the uniforms? :wacko:

Look at the Padres and Diamondbacks and tell me that baseball design hasn't evolved. Heck, look at the crazy Reds typeface....

I'm not talking about typefaces, I'm talking about the overall look of the uniforms, particuarly the colors. Games between any combination of the Braves, Nats, Red Sox, Indians, Twins and Cardinals look like college intrasquad games. But with the exception of the Cardinals and maybe the Braves (but that's debatable), none of those teams have such a tradition attached with their uniforms that they can't justify chganging (the Sox have worn different unis in every World Series they've been in since 1918).

Would more than one team wearing something other than grey on the road or colored primary jerseys be so much to ask?

This particular thread has no monetary value to it whatsoever without having photographic evidence.

Here's the Rockies. I think they look great, actually.

4cf889a6-b3a1-4284-add8-e4ac4cf610f2.jpg

abb1199b-bf45-4f4a-a5c7-368967e81289.jpg

THose are whore-endous

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

THose are whore-endous

Yeah, you're probably right... I don't know, I guess they've grown on me. Or maybe I just like to pretend the fade doesn't exist and that their entire helmet is metallic purple... I do kinda like 'em, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

If those Rockies road uniforms had some corn (and somehow one green Skittle) on them, they'd look like the disaster I just left in my roommate's toilet. :puke:

Dude is gonna be pissssssed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

no thank you, keep them all purple.

Archived