Two toned helmets

BadSeed84

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little off topic, but it still bothers me when the helmet doesn't match the hat. When was the last time the D-Rays wore their black hat? They wear a black helmet all the time. That would be like a football team wearing different helmets for offense and defense.

Also, how long until the Mets make a hat out of their Wolverine designed helmets or the Pirates have a black and ketchup/mustard helmet? :D

KISSwall09.jpg

Black washes out purple, but purple doesn't wash out black. If purple were the primary color for the Rockies they would have a much better look, unique as well. Black is such a flat, stagnant color, You know? The road uniforms have it right with the purple lettering and numbers, but when they're at home they look like the white sox. I can't tell from the last row or on TV or in most pictures that those pinstripes are purple they look black to me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

A little off topic, but it still bothers me when the helmet doesn't match the hat. When was the last time the D-Rays wore their black hat? They wear a black helmet all the time. That would be like a football team wearing different helmets for offense and defense.

I could not agree with you more.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Here's the Mets' helmet:

28039293.jpg28039611.jpg28036964.jpg

And somewhere in America, a girls' softball team is looking for their missing helmets.

These are bah-roo-tal. I realize that the whole CoolFlo shape is a less-than-subtle attempt by Rawlings to lend some brand recognition to their product, but they overdid it. The design alone is ridiculous; what was wrong with a smooth, round helmet without giant vents and ridges? And they went ahead and made it worse with the metallic two-tone paint jobs. Batting helmets should be the hard plastic equivalents of the fielders' caps; these are an attempt at indirectly selling an equipment maker's name gone horribly awry.

If powder blue unis and pullover jerseys can go away, so too shall these monstrosities. Be patient.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here's the Mets' helmet:

Take the ridiculous primarily black Mets logo off the helmet and replace it with the REAL Met logo and those helmets actually look great. I might be part of the minority here but I like batting helmets that look a bit different from the hat. There was a Japanese baseball team that actually had a helmet that looked like a big bird head. It looked great! I tried to find photos but was unsuccessful.

Here's the Mets' helmet:

Take the ridiculous primarily black Mets logo off the helmet and replace it with the REAL Met logo and those helmets actually look great. I might be part of the minority here but I like batting helmets that look a bit different from the hat. There was a Japanese baseball team that actually had a helmet that looked like a big bird head. It looked great! I tried to find photos but was unsuccessful.

No, in a few years we'll look back at these photos and say "What were they thinking?" Comically bad.

Here's the Mets' helmet:

And somewhere in America, a girls' softball team is looking for their missing helmets.

These are bah-roo-tal. I realize that the whole CoolFlo shape is a less-than-subtle attempt by Rawlings to lend some brand recognition to their product, but they overdid it. The design alone is ridiculous; what was wrong with a smooth, round helmet without giant vents and ridges? And they went ahead and made it worse with the metallic two-tone paint jobs. Batting helmets should be the hard plastic equivalents of the fielders' caps; these are an attempt at indirectly selling an equipment maker's name gone horribly awry.

If powder blue unis and pullover jerseys can go away, so too shall these monstrosities. Be patient.

1. Are all the mets helmates CoolFlo because if not, Are the regular ones two-toned?

2. VitaminD, while your right, the CoolFlo design is a little too over stated. You don't care when its 80+ degrees, and your on deck! :P

fkaKrok, I think the pic above your post shows a non-cool-flo two-toned helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mwts really shows two different colours, but Dodgers seems to me like it's the different textures of the material that is causing the difference.

Either way, I'd like to see a scientific study on the actual spead gain either through aerodynamics or heat reduction on your average player's performance....

What's next? EDGE unis to cut down wind resistance?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Having seen the Dodgers play on TV the last few nights, I think they're metallic blue in the front and flat blue in the back. I could be wrong, though, that's just what it looks like to me.

IUe6Hvh.png

Here's the Mets' helmet:

No, in a few years we'll look back at these photos and say "What were they thinking?" Comically bad.

I'm pretty sure when we look back at the Met's uniform set of this era, their helmets won't the only thing that people might find "comically bad".

Archived