2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

I figured we should start a Stanley Cup Playoffs talk thread for round 1. So far tonight.

Pens get destroyed by Ottawa 6-3

Nashville-San Jose are tied at 4 going into OT

Dallas and Vancouver are tied at 1 early in the first.

Anaheim and Minnesota is just getting underway.

Dallas and Vancouver is on Versus and CBC

Ducks-Wild is on Yahoo.com and TSN

Nashville-San Jose is on Comcast.net if you have comcast internet, and TSN

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured we should start a Stanley Cup Playoffs talk thread for round 1. So far tonight.

Pens get destroyed by Ottawa 6-3

Fair scoreline, since that goal was at the beginning of the third should have counted imo, and the last goal was a garbage-time goal.

Regardless, the Penguins need to change a bunch or else they'll get swept. The Senators gave them the Manchester United-Roma treatment tonight. At least they have 2 days to work it out...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Great action, SURPRISINGLY in Vancouver. Both teams got a goal early and it's tied 1-1 after one.

Sens looked awesome in the first period, and wrapped that game up pretty well. I think Thibault will see more action than just the end of the game in this series.

Great game with Nashville/San Jose, bad news about Cheechoo though.

Presently watching Wild-Ducks on NHL Center Ice, and occasionally checking on Sharks-Preds, which is now going into double OT.

The first period just ended in Anaheim, with no score yet. So far, so good for the Wild. The Ducks have been putting on plenty of pressure, and even hit the post once, but Backstrom and the Wild D are handling it well. They got a power play near the end of the period to steal some of the Ducks' momentum, but they'll have to find a way to keep that going at even strength.

As you probably know by now, Ottawa spanked the Penguins tonight in their Game 1. I picked the Pens in this series just because Ottawa chokes every year in the playoffs, but they sure didn't choke tonight. Hopefully this will be a rude wake-up call for a young team that hasn't seen the playoffs in five seasons.

CCSLC signature.png

Early in the second period, the Ducks' color guy was talking about how the Ducks were dominating the play so far in the game.

About fifteen seconds later, the puck was in the back of Anaheim's net, courtesy of Marian Gaborik.

Less than a minute after that, the Wild got another power play.

So much for the Ducks' domination...

Update: Anaheim just tied the game. Francois Beauchemin fed Teemu Selanne for a breakaway, and he beat Backstrom for a brilliant goal.

CCSLC signature.png

Rissmiller scores in the 2nd OT. San Jose wins 4-3.

Don't you mean 5-4?

Update: Gaborik split the Anaheim defense and Ducks goalie Bryzgalov was just barely able to stop him. However, Gaborik did draw a Niedermayer penalty to put Minnesota back on the power play. The 2nd period ended with five seconds left in the penalty and no goal for the Wild, but they have been getting more chances lately. The momentum looks like it's shifting, ever so slightly, to the Wild. On the other hand, it was looking that way just before Selanne's goal for the Ducks too..

Update #2: Switched over to Stars-Canucks on VS. just in time to see a crazy Dallas goal to cut the Vancouver lead to 4-3.

Update #3: Ladislav Nagy scores on a rebound to tie that game! That's why the Stars picked him up, I guess...

Update #4: Back to Wild-Ducks, a correction: Pavol Demitra actually got the Wild goal in the second period; Gaborik got an assist. The third period's about to begin.

CCSLC signature.png

The Ducks just went ahead 2-1 on a counterattack following a couple of good Wild chances. About 4 1/2 minutes left.

Update: It just went final. The Wild could never get a good attack going again, even after pulling Backstrom. Now Game 2 isn't quite a must-win for them, but pretty :censored: close. Switching back over to Stars-Canucks now...

CCSLC signature.png

Well, whoever comes out of this Canucks/Stars series is going to be dead tired for the next round, so I don't think either team will be able to keep up with the winner of any of the other rounds in the west.

3rd OT here we come.

Archived