2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish I could watch this on Fox SW, the Versus announcers can't hide their Canuck bias.

Did Dave Strader seriously say "Yes!" when Pyatt got the first ENG? Way to be neutral on the national broadcast there.

He seriously did.

Congrats 'Nucks, great series. I just wish in such an evenly-matched contest Dallas could have been called "gritty", "heroic" etc. etc. even one TENTH of the ammount of time Vancouver was. Salt in the wound.

Sure Fox SW is biased too, but no one outside the Texas borders has to hear it.

Congrats to the Refs on their game 7 victory. Way to ruin a great game.

(Not saying the refs cost Dallas, it's just the penalty fest to show the league will call penalties in the 3rd period of a game 7 ruined the game).

Marty Turco letting in a goal cost them as well.

I never said the Refs cost the Stars the game. They got plenty of power play opportunities as well. I meant that the refs were overzealous in the third and it killed the flow of what was a great game.

I really wish I could watch this on Fox SW, the Versus announcers can't hide their Canuck bias.

Did Dave Strader seriously say "Yes!" when Pyatt got the first ENG? Way to be neutral on the national broadcast there.

He seriously did.

Congrats 'Nucks, great series. I just wish in such an evenly-matched contest Dallas could have been called "gritty", "heroic" etc. etc. even one TENTH of the ammount of time Vancouver was. Salt in the wound.

Isn't Strader the Panthers' regular play-by-play announcer?

Unless of course you have Dish Network or Directv like myself :D.

Good point oz. We were pre-empted in Austin for the Rangers/Mariners tilt (on Directv).

Go ______! I'm conflicted.

This is very, very true. I guess the broadcast crew were ex-patriot Canadians - and their bias shows. Canadians do not like American teams beating them, I think its something in the breakfast cereals we eat (mainly Weetabix and Shreddies). Losing to a team in Texas is a double-whammy.

I rooted for the Canucks in this series (especially after they donned those incredibly-rad old-school jerseys in game seven), but the bias in the broadcast of this series was undeniable.

This is very, very true. I guess the broadcast crew were ex-patriot Canadians - and their bias shows. Canadians do not like American teams beating them, I think its something in the breakfast cereals we eat (mainly Weetabix and Shreddies). Losing to a team in Texas is a double-whammy.

I rooted for the Canucks in this series (especially after they donned those incredibly-rad old-school jerseys in game seven), but the bias in the broadcast of this series was undeniable.

You probably would have heard a less biased broadcast on CBC. :D I think Jim Hughson does a fairly good job of being impartial, for a guy who used to be the Canucks radio play by play guy, and does many of the games for Sportsnet.

You probably would have heard a less biased broadcast on CBC.

Yeah but then I'd have to suffer through all those CBC program promos. Sometimes I think the feds should just shovel money into a furnace, rather than allow CBC to waste dollars with original programming.

All the money that's been wasted on Wayne and Shuster specials in Canadian history could have probably funded a cure for ovarian cancer by now. :)

The worst, was always when CBC tried to be "hip" to try and lure a younger crowd. This was always death. It usually featured a cheap show with some 20-something from Toronto in a trendy shirt as the host, doing third-rate interviews. There's been different iterations of that show since back when Diefenbaker was Prime Minister.

I think Mr. Dressup is the only decent original show CBC ever made, and even that's a stretch, hell Casey's mouth couldn't even move. :)

I like Jim Hughson basically though...he's solid for hockey, and about par for baseball.

Sigh

Devils off to a horrid start I knew this game was lost when I heard at 5 that Patrick Elias was not playing because had a cold.

A Cold

Yes a cold!!!!

What is he home eating Chicken Soup and sipping Chamomile tea?

Don Cherry is right about European Players and hes our Captain, I guess here comes the iceberg, man I miss Scott Stevens.

As for Elias, he should down some :censored:ing Dayquil and get his god damned ass on the :censored:ing ice.

:cursing:

Sigh

Devils off to a horrid start I knew this game was lost when I heard at 5 that Patrick Elias was not playing because had a cold.

A Cold

Yes a cold!!!!

Don Cherry is right about European Players and hes our Captain, I guess here comes the iceberg, man I miss Scott Stevens.

As for Elias, he should down some :censored:ing Dayquil and get his god damned ass on the :censored:ing ice.

It could be worse than a cold. Remeber DiPiertro's "headache" was actually a concussion.

since the isles put up another non-competitive series, i'll be pulling for the sabres again for the rest of the way. though reluctantly because i don't want to see them win a cup in those god awful uniforms, which means we'll be stuck with them for the next 10-15 years.

Sigh

A Cold

Yes a cold!!!!

It could be worse than a cold. Remeber DiPiertro's "headache" was actually a concussion.

Headaches are often concussions. Im not sure what a cold could be

Sigh

A Cold

Yes a cold!!!!

Have you ever taken off work because of a sickness of any sort?

Archived