2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

Sigh

Devils off to a horrid start I knew this game was lost when I heard at 5 that Patrick Elias was not playing because had a cold.

A Cold

Yes a cold!!!!

What is he home eating Chicken Soup and sipping Chamomile tea?

Don Cherry is right about European Players and hes our Captain, I guess here comes the iceberg, man I miss Scott Stevens.

As for Elias, he should down some :censored:ing Dayquil and get his god damned ass on the :censored:ing ice.

:cursing:

I dunno, have you ever had a cold after suffering from this? <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the playoffs unless you are dead or dying you have to find a way to play

...and if he doesn't play it safe, he'll be dead, numpty.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Sigh

Devils off to a horrid start I knew this game was lost when I heard at 5 that Patrick Elias was not playing because had a cold.

A Cold

Yes a cold!!!!

What is he home eating Chicken Soup and sipping Chamomile tea?

Don Cherry is right about European Players and hes our Captain, I guess here comes the iceberg, man I miss Scott Stevens.

As for Elias, he should down some :censored:ing Dayquil and get his god damned ass on the :censored:ing ice.

:cursing:

It could be worse than a cold. Remeber DiPiertro's "headache" was actually a concussion.

Headaches are often concussions. Im not sure what a cold could be

In the Canucks' case, "the flu" = a bad ankle (Bieksa) and a sore back (Salo, although I prefer to call it a 'broken ass' as he landed pretty hard on his tailbone).

Also, regarding DiPietro, I do believe the official injury report for the first few days after he got the concussion was "General Body Soreness." I am crapping you negative.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Tank, at this time of year, no team is going to give the real reason for a player being hurt or missing a game. Get over it.

I would have lived with upper body injury but cold just bothers me

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tank, at this time of year, no team is going to give the real reason for a player being hurt or missing a game. Get over it.

No, unlike most "upper body injury= broken cocyx" kind of stuff, it was mentioned specifically in a press conference by one of the team doctors that Elias would be out because of a cold, and they were keeping him from playing at least Game 1 as a precautionary measure because of the after effects from him having Hepatitis 2 years ago. It isn't exactly the kind of excuse you normally see for a player not playing, so I'll buy it in this case.

So yeah, go Sabres.

You tell 'em!

Looks like they'll need all the help they can get tonight. The Rangers are looking good. 2-1 after 2 periods.

They don't need help. They have everything they need and more stuffed into those slug suits. Just need to use what they have.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

So yeah, go Sabres.

You tell 'em!

Looks like they'll need all the help they can get tonight. The Rangers are looking good. 2-1 after 2 periods.

They don't need help. They have everything they need and more stuffed into those slug suits. Just need to use what they have.

I know they have alot of talent, but the Rangers had them outmatched in the 2nd. At least the Sabres came out strong in the third, and tied it up 2-2. They are much better than the Rangers, but did not show it early tonight.

saBS.png

since the isles put up another non-competitive series, i'll be pulling for the sabres again for the rest of the way. though reluctantly because i don't want to see them win a cup in those god awful uniforms, which means we'll be stuck with them for the next 10-15 years.

Didn't the Penguins change their uniforms immediately after winning two in a row? I wouldn't worry too much over a permanent use of the slug.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

yes, but we wore them for close to 13 years beforehand.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

well, technically 4 since they changed the stripes at the end of the sleeves to horozontal rather than diagonal in 86-87. But thats it.

oBIgzrL.png

So yeah, go Sabres.

You tell 'em!

I know they have alot of talent, but the Rangers had them outmatched in the 2nd. At least the Sabres came out strong in the third, and tied it up 2-2. They are much better than the Rangers, but did not show it early tonight.

3-2 now.

Before the playoffs started, I told my sister - and I'm reiterating for everyone here - that Vanek will be the playoff MVP this year.

So far, so good.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived