2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank, at this time of year, no team is going to give the real reason for a player being hurt or missing a game. Get over it.

I would have lived with upper body injury but cold just bothers me

It was the flu and if you remember Elias had about with Hepititus A last year which weakened his immune system. On top of that you don't want someone with the flu around the team during the playoffs. 1 player missing 1 game is better than having a bunch of players miss games. I don't think playing was up to Elias.

I'd hate to be rooting against the Sabres right now -- it must be incredibly frustrating. Even when they're not playing so hot, they win.

I don't know if I heard this right, but every time the Sabres are up by at least two goals, they've won this season. That is simply incredible.

I'd hate to be rooting against the Sabres right now -- it must be incredibly frustrating. Even when they're not playing so hot, they win.

I don't know if I heard this right, but every time the Sabres are up by at least two goals, they've won this season. That is simply incredible.

That and I believe they have like 8 wins when they were behind 2+ goals. This team is amazing.

That and I believe they have like 8 wins when they were behind 2+ goals. This team is amazing.

They were undefeated when leading by 2 this season, and won 10 games despite trailing by 2.

I would like to thank the Rangers and the Sabres for going to double OT so that America wasn't subjected to that Barbaro show.

Also the Rangers won making it a series. Hopefully those two teams will beat up on each other.

Ottawa deserved that game and lost it to a technical error...oh how the NHL sucks when it comes to the clock factor.

Hella exciting game nonetheless.

Puck went in with time left on the clock... how is that an error? Plus, if the Devils don't get that goal, the game would have been 1-1, and is Ottawa going to pull their goalie and try to get a second goal in that situation?

If you take away the 0:00.2 seconds-to-go goal, you change the whole rest of the game, and there is no telling who wins at that point.

The technical error people are referring to regarding the Senators/Devils game is the puck went in with 00.3 on the clock, shot from a faceoff with only 02.7 seconds left in the perioud. Based on TV replays however, there was a good 00.7 seconds between the instant the puck dropped until the clock finally began to wind down. If the clock started the instant the puck dropped, the puck would have been in after the horn and wouldn't count.

But even if they called it off, it's no guarentee what would have happened in the forty minutes after that, so I find no problem with it. Bob MacKenzie calls that clock issue the "Human Element" and not "Human Error".

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Archived