jkrdevil

2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

So I guess the plan of firing the coach just before the playoffs backfired?

When an experiment works once, it's a freak of nature.

When an experiment works twice, it's a coincidence.

When an experiment works three times, it's science.

Goodnight New Jersey.

Sweet Dreams, New Jersey. Consider the score settled for 2003. <_<:D

Sens outplayed 'em. Simple as that. The Devils could never really get going, and it started with the Sens' blazing start in game one. They set the tone in that game, and the Devils could never fully recover. Congrats Mr. Jane, though I think that the Sabres will beat the Senators should it come to that. Final Devils game at CAA. Heh, I'm kind of sad that it is. Went to my first game there in '95. Game six of the ECF vs. Philadelphia. The Devils knocked 'em out. Many memories in CAA, but it's for the better that the Devils are leaving it. Newark Arena is beautiful. Now all I can hope for is the Rangers get bounced so that I won't have to hear from any of their fans.

-E.A.R.

A lot of people also picked New Jersey over the Sens, and the Pens over the Sens....hmmm, I'm liking the way things are going. I sure hope the Sens can eliminate whoever we play next.

GO SENS GO!!!!

I think that more people picked the Sens to win.

I hope that Game 5 won't be Scott Gomez's or Brian Rafalski's last game as a Devil. Anyway now it's time to cheer for every team, but the Rangers, Red Wings and Ducks. Go Senators, Sharks or Sabres!!!

So after three straight 2-1 games, the floodgates are open. Thankfully, the Sabres are taking it right to them. Excellent.

So after three straight 2-1 games, the floodgates are open. Thankfully, the Sabres are taking it right to them. Excellent.

Finally... we get to watch Sabres-style hockey!

Yay, the Sens get the Stanley Cup painted on the ice once more! Now if they could get all the way to the Finals, that'd be nice.

This is a team I barely care about, yet I'm so interested in seenig them move on. Odd.

So I guess the plan of firing the coach just before the playoffs backfired?

Why this team wouldn't have gotten out of the first round with Julien as coach.

And America's Team of Destiny 2007 continues on. What a series.

Rangers fans chanting "Let's Go Rangers!" after the game? Um....okay....

Helllooooooooooooooooooooooooooo buffalo......

Should be an extremely exciting series.

What are the rangers faithful chanting?

Buffalo and Ottawa are extremely similar...If you think of their players.

Both have sophomore Goalies who are playing like Veterans (in a good way.)

Both teams have their Main Guys, Ottawa with the Alfy, Heater, and Spezz. Buffalo with Briere, Drury and Afinogenov.

They both have awesome shut-down defenders, who can also transist quickly to become good offensive D-men.

They can both put out any one of their lines and feel safe.

So my question is who has the edge?

Helllooooooooooooooooooooooooooo buffalo......

Should be an extremely exciting series.

What are the rangers faithful chanting?

Buffalo and Ottawa are extremely similar...If you think of their players.

Both have sophomore Goalies who are playing like Veterans (in a good way.)

Both teams have their Main Guys, Ottawa with the Alfy, Heater, and Spezz. Buffalo with Briere, Drury and Afinogenov.

They both have awesome shut-down defenders, who can also transist quickly to become good offensive D-men.

They can both put out any one of their lines and feel safe.

So my question is who has the edge?

Both teams have eliminated the Atlantic division <_<

A lot of fans of home teams do that when their team has just been eliminated. Allows the fans one last opportunity to show their appreciation.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

ottawa will lose in 7

Ottawa has played better than any other team in the playoffs thus far. If both teams continue to play how they have been in the playoffs, Ottawa will win it. However, if the Sabres continue to play how they have in the last two games and Ottawa continues playing how they have all playoffs, we'll have a helluva series on our hands.

ottawa will lose in 7

Alright a nay-sayer...Keep it up the way it's looking, we kind of do better when it almost seems impossible to defeat the opponent.

Hell yes we were. It's been some ride, this season, and we appreciate the effort they put forward against the President's Trophy winning team.

They returned the favor, of course.

fullj.getty-74061454ms041_buffalo_sabre_6_03_10_pm.jpg

So congrats, Sabres fans. And watch out for us next year.

ottawa will lose in 7

Alright a nay-sayer...Keep it up the way it's looking, we kind of do better when it almost seems impossible to defeat the opponent.

lets face it

Pittsburgh wasnt ready for the playoffs

You played New Jersey's game against them and they were never going far the first place

THe fact is Buffalo is one of if not the best team in the NHL right now. I couldve said youd get swept, but I said 7 because I know youll put up a fight. But the fact is if you dont lose against ottawa you will lose against Detroit, Anaheim, or San Jose.

Youre up against the best teams now and I honestly do not see you guys overcoming that.

I dont have a grudge against you guys. I knew the pens would dive out first round. That was obvious. Im saying this completely un-biasedly

Never have I questioned the fact that Buffalo is the best team this year. I think we can beat them and I was HAPPY that you chose us not to win...I don't care if you don't see us overcoming that team, I really dont think it will change the way the Senators are playing. Some people will say they'll win or lose and it's 50/50 one of them is going to come out on top, and I really hope the Senators can do it. Right now Ottawa is playing like a team posessed, and beating some of the most scary teams in the playoffs, I don't think anyone wanted to play Pittsburgh, you never know what will happen with them, The devils always seem to do well in the playoffs and Marty Brodeur always answers but he didn't that series which is no exception, You can't say New Jersey lost because they're goalie played bad.( And I know you didn't say that.)

And being a Sens fan I know that regular season success means absolutely nothing considering last year we had guys watch the Sabres...This time Everyone is playing great, well except Redden the 6-million dollar man just isnt playing all that well. I'm really looking forward to this series and I think that my boys can win it in 7...but no matter what that series is going to 7. Should be a great series.

Oh and MAz,

I have no problem with you, I hope you know that. Just saying my oppinion is all.

GO SENS GO!