2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

What is it with Buffalo Sports Teams?

They seem to find the most creative ways to rip the heart from their fans and with Chris Drury a Free Agent, and scoring a game tying goal against the Rangers, chances are next year he will be scoring goals for the Rangers especially with Shanahon retiring and Drury being from a town in Connecticut that is very close to the city.

I think the Sabres can not afford to lose him, but can they spend enough to keep him.

That means unless they find away to win two games in Ottawa they are done for a few years.

Shanahon not retiring he said he wants to return with the Rangers. Drury and Briere could still both be back next but atleast one will and that wont stop the Sabres from being good since they would still have Ryan Miller, Thomas Vanek and alot of other good players. This series is not over so people should stop acting like it is.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argh. :censored::censored::censored:

I need to stop watching sports. This is freakin' torture.

We've all been there man.

No. Not to the degree that we (Buffalo fans) have. Not even close.

Since 1989, I've seen my teams go to the final four in their league 9 times and come up empty. 9 times... in 18 years.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Argh.

Since 1989, I've seen my teams go to the final four in their league 9 times and come up empty. 9 times... in 18 years.

penguins. 1993-2001. playoff appearences: 7 Exits: 7. Pirates. 1991 & 1992: both losses in NLCS and never winning season since. Steelers. 1992-2004. Playoff appearences: 8 Exits: 8. Super Bowl Loss also

Just letting you know you aint alone. :D

oBIgzrL.png

Argh.

penguins. 1993-2001. playoff appearences: 7 Exits: 7. Pirates. 1991 & 1992: both losses in NLCS and never winning season since. Steelers. 1992-2004. Playoff appearences: 8 Exits: 8. Super Bowl Loss also

Except... you left out the 2 Cups and the Super Bowl that your teams won during the time period I'm talking about.

To reiterate my point.. no one has had as many conference/finals appearances as Buffalo teams have in the past 18 years without winning it at least once.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Argh.

Yah well you won 2 cups, back to back and you won the superbowl a bunch of times before and most recently in 2006 or 05 whichever year...

Hi, how are you?

Argh.

no offense, but you have it soooo much better than the buffalonians. Didn't you guys JUST win a Superbowl?

Argh.

no offense, but you have it soooo much better than the buffalonians. Didn't you guys JUST win a Superbowl?

Then our coach retired, QB lost it somewhere, good players left, new coach swithching to Defense team isnt built to run, bad drafting....

But, okay, we have it somewhat better han them... but it still hasnt been that good here.

oBIgzrL.png

It's been extraordinary. Two Cups and a Super Bowl. Better than Philadelphia, better than Buffalo, better than Seattle, better than San Diego, better than Milwaukee, and so on.

Pittsburgh, over the past 15 years or so, has fared just as well as Detroit, New York, St. Louis, Miami, and the other cities that have been collecting championships. None of those markets should be complaining about much any time soon.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Argh.

Then our coach retired, QB lost it somewhere, good players left, new coach swithching to Defense team isnt built to run, bad drafting....

But, okay, we have it somewhat better han them... but it still hasnt been that good here.

The steelers are still in the five year period where it is not appropriate to complain about the team. If after five years from their championship, they still aren't doing so well, then you can bitch. But don't bitch about them now, it is offensive to those of us who have never even seen their team in the playoffs (I never saw the 2005 Bengals in the playoffs. I had a high school hockey game at the exact same time)

I think it would be healthy for you, Maz, to leave the city of Pittsburgh and possibly the state when you go off to college. I think it would be good for you to experience life in another part of the world. But what do I know I only moved 6 times before I was 15.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think you guys are misjudging a few things. It is really hard to win a championship. Take it from me, Ive seen more unbelievable playoff runs by Philly teams in the last decade and a half. We all know how they ended up. Ive learned to enjoy the fun of a deep playoff run. Yea, it sucks losing in the end, but you gotta remember, 29 teams and their fans end their season unhappy.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Shannons not retiring he said he wants to return with the Rangers.

I'm not sure why he'd retire considering he's only 24, but why would he want to go the Rangers considering he's having a decent time in Anaheim?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I really do love the internet and all it has to offer.

I'm sitting here at work listening to "Team 1200" over the net and their 8 hour pre-game show about the Senators vs. Sabres game tonight. :D

I love you Canadians to death. I really do. :flagcanada:

I can get as much hockey on the radio from these guys in one afternoon than I can in a month here in "The State of Hockey". :mad:

Rock on Canada.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Argh. :censored::censored::censored:

Atlanta almost feels your empathy.

'91 Braves (lost World Series)

'92 Braves (lost World Series)

'93 Braves (lost NLCS)

'96 Braves (lost World Series)

'97 Braves (lost NLCS)

'98 Braves (lost NLCS)

'98 Falcons (lost Super Bowl)

'99 Braves (lost World Series)

'01 Braves (lost NLCS)

'04 Falcons (lost NFC Championship Game)

The only saving grace is the Braves' World Series championship in 1995. One of eleven isn't much better of a record.....

Keep in mind we do have an NBA team that hasn't even sniffed the playoffs since the turn of the century and hasn't done much in the playoffs to begin with...and the Thrashers decided to become invisible when it was their time to shine. -sigh-

First time back on this thread for awhile...

As I type this, Game 3 of Sabres-Sens just went final. In a word... wow. The Sens have been a powerhouse for years but have always choked in the playoffs - until now. They're one win away from putting the President's Trophy winners down for the count. It didn't hurt that Buffalo's offense petered out big-time, with only 15 shots on goal to Ottawa's 32. The Sabres hadn't had to face anything close to this kind of pressure all season, being down 2-0 in the series going into tonight, and it showed.

I guess Buffaslug-haters (like me) can breathe easier now that it looks like that abomination of a logo won't be adorning a Stanley Cup banner for at least one more year.

CCSLC signature.png

Something interesting happens when the pressure is not on you, doesn't it? I've heard a lot about the Sabres, how they would contend, but Ottawa is now playing at the level that they should have played at in previous years, including last year, but have underachieved.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived