2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, whoever comes out of this Canucks/Stars series is going to be dead tired for the next round, so I don't think either team will be able to keep up with the winner of any of the other rounds in the west.

3rd OT here we come.

...and there it goes.

4th OT here we come.

I'm glad I'm in a different time zone, it's nearly time to finish work tomorrow here.

I'd have gone to bed and got the scores tomorrow.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I saw the last part of the Senators game, and found it enjoyable. (I watched Felix throw a one-hitter against Boston first).

Once again though, I saw Ottawa resting back on its heels when it had a large lead. I still don't see a killer instinct in this team yet. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Ottawa lasting the distance, especially as the games get even more physical.

I couldn't stay up for the end of the Vancouver game, it was late, and I was tired and I knew work would require full attention when I woke up. I watched until about halfway through the third OT. Dallas outplayed Vancouver, but Luongo kept them in it, redeeming himself in OT, after letting in a few soft ones in earlier periods.

Modano and Morrow look fired up though, I wonder how long Luongo can last, being bombarded with so many shots like that.

The last Ducks goal looked cheesy to me, possibly even illegal with the skater in the crease? I am not sure I saw the highlight once, so I have no real idea, but it seemed like a cheesy way for Minnesota to lose and I very much would like Minnesota to win.

I noticed VS championed the Red Wings a lot in their promos. I wonder if it will backfire? They did the same thing last year and it certainly did.

I like Bill Clement now, it took a while but I've warmed up to him. I think my bias was mainly because he's a stinkin' Flyer, and a part of one of the biggest and ugliest thug teams in the history of the sport. I can't stand Engblom and the dude needs to be erased from my screen. He *never* says anything smart. Keith Jones is fine, but has the squarest haircut in television history. Keith, get someone other than your Mom to cut your hair - please, I beg you.

The last Ducks goal looked cheesy to me, possibly even illegal with the skater in the crease? I am not sure I saw the highlight once, so I have no real idea, but it seemed like a cheesy way for Minnesota to lose and I very much would like Minnesota to win.

The only argument I could make against Dustin Penner's goal was that maybe the whistle should have blown, but the overhead angle showed that the ref had a clear view of the puck the entire time and the goalie never did freeze it. There is no rules regarding opposing players in the goal crease, although if they directly interfere with the goaltender (which neither Penner or Perry did), the ref may waive off any goal. It was a garbage goal, but it counts.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Keith, get someone other than your Mom (or Engblom's hairdresser) to cut your hair - please, I beg you.

Fixed that for you.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Speaking of the Sabres series, what a lousy effort by the Isles tonight, pretty disappointed. They need to pick up their pace, bc theyre getting walked left and right. Not saying get into a track meet with a faster team, but they remind me of the way the Flyers played them last year, too much standing around.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I figured I'd start putting up daily recaps of the games on my, er, "web log" (as the trendy kids call it) in order to entertain the dozens of insomniacs who read it in order to get some shut-eye. I also put up my predictions, which I refuse to do by more than a single round at a time in order to prevent massive amounts of embarassment.

http://deependoftheshallowpool.blogspot.com/

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The second day of the playoffs was not as entertaining as the first, but worthwhile none the less.

I find it strange which games VS is choosing to broadcast. I think they are really hoping to make a "product" out of the Red Wings, they certainly seem to slurp them enough. I am amazed though, because as much as I love Calgary they were totally outclassed in game 1.

I would have figured the Rangers/Thrashers or Devils/Lightning series would have produced more drama.

Islanders and Flames put out some of the weakest efforts in a game 1, I've seen in a long time, particularly Calgary which looked lacklustre and bored in the 2nd period, and only livened up when their goalie got inadvertently bashed in the third period.

That's way too long of a name and will never catch on. May I suggest that the name be truncated to "webl?" I think that's a much better alternative.

Hasbro may frown upon that name though, as unfortunate as that may be.

Getting set for Wild-Ducks, Game 2. NHL Center Ice is actually carrying the Minnesota telecast this time. The Wild need to win this one; otherwise it'll be a tall order to win 4 out of the last 5 against Anaheim, even with three of those games at Xcel.

The Preds seem to have Game 2 well in hand against the Sharks, so Stars-Canucks will be my between-periods game. Dallas is winning 2-0 as of now, but there's still plenty of time left. With their marathon game the other night, that series may come down to who runs out of gas first.

Update: About halfway through the first, the Wild and Ducks have spent most of the period so far probing each other's defenses, both of which have held up well so far. Anaheim's Perry had the best chance for either team just before the 10-minute mark, but Nicklas Backstrom was there to snap it up. No score yet, but it looks like the Ducks are about to get a power play.

Update #2: The game has taken a nasty turn, with a fight between Minnesota's Brent Burns and Anaheim's Chris Kunitz. I get the feeling this won't be the last, or the worst, incident between these two teams. The Ducks got another power play out of the deal, and Beauchemin scored on it. 1-0 Ducks with about six minutes left in the period.

Update #3: 1-0 at the end of the first. The Wild got a couple of power plays and some decent chances, but Bryzgalov has been his usual solid self.

Update #4: During the intermission I caught the end of Stars-Canucks. Vancouver put on a flurry at the end but the Stars' 2-0 lead held up, so that series goes back to Dallas tied 1-1.

Update #5: The Wild tie it up! Marian Gaborik put in his own rebound just after a Kunitz power play expired. To add insult to injury for the Ducks, Kunitz got yet another penalty less than a minute later. Unfortunately, the Wild didn't capitalize. In fact they've gotten a little sloppy in the last couple of minutes after the power play. They need to settle down if they don't want to end up behind again.

Update #6: They do end up behind again. Selanne just scored on the power play to give the Ducks the lead, 2-1. The Wild need to get that one back, but Anaheim is looking very solid defensively.

Update #7: Now the Wild are officially in big trouble. Ryan Getzlaf has made it 3-1 Ducks with a minute left in the 2nd, shorthanded no less.

Update #8: A glimmer of hope for the Wild, as Brent Burns scores with four minutes left to make it 3-2.

Update #9: 3-2 is your final. Ducks go up 2-0 in the series. Now Minnesota has to win both Games 3 and 4 at home to have any shot at this series. Good night, all.

CCSLC signature.png

That's way too long of a name and will never catch on. May I suggest that the name be truncated to "webl?" I think that's a much better alternative.

Hasbro may frown upon that name though, as unfortunate as that may be.

Webls wobble, but they don't fall down.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived