jkrdevil

2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

First time back on this thread for awhile...

As I type this, Game 3 of Sabres-Sens just went final. In a word... wow. The Sens have been a powerhouse for years but have always choked in the playoffs - until now. They're one win away from putting the President's Trophy winners down for the count. It didn't hurt that Buffalo's offense petered out big-time, with only 15 shots on goal to Ottawa's 32. The Sabres hadn't had to face anything close to this kind of pressure all season, being down 2-0 in the series going into tonight, and it showed.

I guess Buffaslug-haters (like me) can breathe easier now that it looks like that abomination of a logo won't be adorning a Stanley Cup banner for at least one more year.

Something interesting happens when the pressure is not on you, doesn't it? I've heard a lot about the Sabres, how they would contend, but Ottawa is now playing at the level that they should have played at in previous years, including last year, but have underachieved.

*shifts around awkwardly*

so... who wins tomorrow night? :unsure:

I think I hear something off in the distance is it....yes the sound of a good ol' broom SWEEEEEEEP :P

I sure hope so....my dad has been dead on if they do win it in 4...

Im Calling a Red Sox in 04 style comeback for the Butter Knives. Not because I really think it'll happpen, but becase I wanna look like a genius when it happens.

Im Calling a Red Sox in 04 style comeback for the Butter Knives. Not because I really think it'll happpen, but becase I wanna look like a genius when it happens.

thats why I still hold onto my Buffalo in 7 prediction

thank god that abomination of a logo won't be in the finals. Sabres are done, they're not comming back from 3-0, now if Anaheim can take care of business my vision of a ducks/senators series will be realized.

They're not only down 3-0 they have played the worst hockey I have ever seen them play since the lockout. One stat says it all Sabres on PP: 0-18. They probably have given up more scoring chances on the power play than they have gotten. Last night they gave up a 2-0 on a PP. Yes a 2-0, luckily Miller was great, and only a bad bounce off the backboards got by him.

They do not deserve to win this series, or a game in this series, they look like they aren't even trying.

I guess Buffaslug-haters (like me) can breathe easier now that it looks like that abomination of a logo won't be adorning a Stanley Cup banner for at least one more year.

Amen to that. And I hope they don't bounce back.

Now hopefully the Ducks will get eliminated in the West and we will have a Stanley Cup Final between two teams with nice jerseys.

Now hopefully the Ducks will get eliminated in the West and we will have a Stanley Cup Final between two teams with nice jerseys.

I'm rooting for the same thing, but for different reasons. While I hate Detroit, I think they'll give more national exposure to the finals than Anaheim would. Hopefully Ottawa crushes them when they get there.

I'm with you there!

Down with the wings!

Dan

At least we know there is already going to a game 5. Pronger oughta be in good shape for it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

3-2 Buffalo, Game 5 on Saturday, they made it interesting after a 3-0 lead

As long as Ottawa plays like they did in the 3rd period of game 4, they will win. Haha, even on a PK they had puck control and were on offence.

Haha, even on a PK they had puck control and were on offence.

They were needing to take offensive chances. I don't watch a lot of Ottawa games, but seeing Spezza on the ice for the PK seemed different.

Believe me they had tons of chances. They had about 4 shots go off the posts horrible calls on icings and offsides, and we were always 2 steps away from a goal (literally).

We played fine just bothced on our oppurtunities.