jkrdevil

2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

THIS is how the Sabres will rip out the hearts of their fans, not by getting swept. You're going to see them win the next two games to get your hopes up the slightest bit and then get destroyed in game 7 or lose in game 7 on the most unlucky bounce you've ever seen.

When Ottawa had the momentum and those back to back powerplays almost 100% in the Buffalo zone, especially the first two minutes, they really had the opportunity to tie the game and most likely crush Buffalo's spirit and take the game, but THEY COULD NOT HIT THE FREAKIN' NET with nearly all of their shots. Redden had one in the slot from 10-12 feet and fired it high.

It drives me crazy when NHL players can put the puck on the net from 120 feet away when time is running out in a period time after time, but can't even force the goalie to make a save from six feet. It just drives me crazy.

JeffB

THIS is how the Sabres will rip out the hearts of their fans, not by getting swept. You're going to see them win the next two games to get your hopes up the slightest bit and then get destroyed in game 7 or lose in game 7 on the most unlucky bounce you've ever seen.

....or, winning the next three games to reach the Cup Final, win the first three games, then promptly lose the next four...

I see a mirror of last years elimination game overtime Alfy walks around pominville and scores...

but to be honest I'm worried right now.

I see a mirror of last years elimination game overtime Alfy walks around pominville and scores...

but to be honest I'm worried right now.

I'm surprised that I'm not the only one. There was this very slight doubt in my mind since the end of game 3 and I dont know why.

Meanwhile in the West, The Ducks have blown a 3-1 lead in their Game 4 and are tied 3-3 with the Wings after the 2nd. The Ducks are getting outshot big time, though - 30-13 at last count! They've obviously been able to get the puck past Hasek when they do shoot, but they need to be doing it a lot more if they don't want to go back to Detroit down 3-1 in the series.

My prediction for the cup is the Ducks vs. Ottawa. I gotta' pull for Anaheim to win though, because I have a bet going with a buddy on the series if they make it. His pick of course was Ottawa, quite a suprise eh? haha.

His pick of course was Ottawa, quite a suprise eh?

I am completely shocked. :shocked:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No clearer example of where the NHL stands with NBC.

They dumped the East-clinching overtime over to Versus so they could start their hour-long Preakness pre-race on time.

Well, Ottawa's in the Finals now. Amazing goal in OT. They've won all three of their series 4-1, and they get a few extra days' rest while the Ducks and Wings continue to beat up on each other. I like the Sens' chances.

They dumped the East-clinching overtime over to Versus so they could start their hour-long Preakness pre-race on time.

What a firggen insult, and that took my HD coverage away because the VS/Golf HD channel was showing infomercials and didn't pick up the HD feed.

Doesn't matter to me at the moment. I'm so excited at the moment. Heck, for once I'm almost speechless!

What matters is Alfredsson didn't carry the Prince of Wales trophy off, because he know they're not there yet. You're the man Alfie!

So for the past 3 seasons, the Stanley Cup finals has had a Canadian representitive team. :flagcanada:

*phew*

Now that I caught my breath, 2 things:

(1) $US 27.00 for a cap? Geez. I wasn't planning on buying one for the Conference Championship, but if the Sens win the Cup, it won't be cheap for me to celebrate. :(

(2) Sabres fans here can rest with ease that Alfredsson's goal, which will be on highlight reels for years to come when talking about this playoff year will not show the Sabres in their new duds. So at least you have that going for you. ;)

So for the past 3 seasons, the Stanley Cup finals has had a Canadian representitive team. :flagcanada:

And they'd better win this time.

Because Lord knows I was pissed when Carolina won last year. Not because they're in a non-traditional hockey market, it's just because I just hate Carolina sports period. :P

But yeah, GO SENS GO! Bring the Cup back to Canada.