jkrdevil

2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

So for the past 3 seasons, the Stanley Cup finals has had a Canadian representitive team. :flagcanada:

Except, I'll be cheering for the West rep this year....

:flagusa:

Alfredsson will win the Conn Smythe if the Sens win the cup.

And that's the sound of leafers everywhere cutting their wrists. Eat it Sundin!

Now all that's needed is a Detroit-Ottawa Cup Final, and we'll have a non-Canadian captain hoisting the Cup.....

What sound?

Congrats to the Senators for ending the longest non-cup final appearance draught in NHL history. Some of their fans, however, apparently still need much more growing up.

What sound?

Congrats to the Senators for ending the longest non-cup final appearance draught in NHL history. Some of their fans, however, apparently still need much more growing up.

That's only if we're considering the two Senators franchises as one and the same.

They ain't.

Technically, this Senators team's drought was 15 years. 1992 to now.

The longest Cup Final drought belongs solely to the Toronto Maple Leafs, if I'm not mistaken.

:rolleyes:

I can't speak for all Leafs fans, but I'm stoked about the Sens making it. Here's hoping they can bring the Cup back to Canada! :flagcanada:

On an other note, it's a huge relief knowing that the Buffaslug won't be appearing on any Stanley Cup banners, at least for an other year. Last year we dodged the Mighty Ducks logo (second time) and this year we dodged the Buffaslug. It was a little to close for comfort, but hey, we can all rest easy for an other season.

That's only if we're considering the two Senators franchises as one and the same.

They ain't.

Technically, this Senators team's drought was 15 years. 1992 to now.

No kidding.

But as long as a bunch of Stanley Cup banners from the 1920s with the current Senators logo are hanging at WhateverItsCalledThisYear Arena in Kanata I can say such things :P

But as long as a bunch of Stanley Cup banners from the 1920s with the current Senators logo are hanging at WhateverItsCalledThisYear Arena in Kanata I can say such things :P

Well, I for one support the low-level movement to consolidate both franchise histories. I mean, it's already got precedent in the NFL (Clevelend) and MLS (San Jose), and even to a limited extent in the NHL, with the reconstitution of the Oakland Seals/Cleveland Barons franchise from the Minnesota North Stars in San Jose in the form of the Sharks.

Fair enough. I mean, at least the original franchise is acknowledged.

Oh, and here's something I quickly whipped up with Roger Clemente's old NHL Robot Master sprites:

Mod Edit

I don't know about you Suigi, but I don't want a giant F-bomb in 20px font being dropped on my boards... thank you.

Poster Edit

Whoops! Sorry about that! Better idea: here's a text link! So go see it yerself!

http://wc.xandor.ca/comics/WTFLeafs.png

Edited by Suigi

Oh, and here's something I quickly whipped up with Roger Clemente's old NHL Robot Master sprites:

shouldn't that '94 CanuckMan be red, yellow and black? ^_^

shouldn't that '94 CanuckMan be red, yellow and black? ^_^

Those sprites don't exist, DEAD.

They didn't even have the whale back then, so it'd be a totally different robot master.

Wait Roger made those guys? If so can I have a link if there are any others.

Sorry if I seemed Immature Chris, if you were referring to me...I was just joking around with neon...

Hell we still haven't won, I sure hope they can make it but who knows.

:boogie:(dance):woot:

no buffaslug in the finals.

i'll be cheering for the senators, mainly because i like their red/black swoosh jersey.

I don't think RC still has them on his server, so I've uploaded 'em here:

http://wc.xandor.ca/comics/NHLRobotMasters.zip

I've also taken the time to recolor the Anaheim and Buffalo masters to their new colours.

I don't think RC still has them on his server, so I've uploaded 'em here:

http://wc.xandor.ca/comics/NHLRobotMasters.zip

I've also taken the time to recolor the Anaheim and Buffalo masters to their new colours.

thats the first time i have saw those and thats :censored:ing awsome. its a whole new line of megaman figures :D

I was getting worried in a way, if buffalo won today, I think they would have wont he series, they'd have all the momentum.

Anyone catch what Alfie said about the Eastern Conference trophy? "I was going to, but it was heavier than I thought." Bit of a bullet dodge there, he would have been crucified if he picked that thing up.

I think I'm willing to put aside my Senators hate now that they've actually done something and made the playoffs. and it's good to know that ALfie actually decided to show up for the post season for once

I've always liked the Senators from the time they were the dreck of the league and then when I thought they were the most European team in the league back in the days of Yashin. It's nice to see them make the finals. I've been listening to "Team 1200" over the web during this season after discovering that station during the World Juniors when I wanted to listen to Team Canada games.

Once the finals are done, I've got a jersey descision to make because I will have to have a Senators jersey with a Cup Finals patch on it. Let's see if they win and who might get the Conn Smythe Trophy.

The longest Cup Final drought belongs solely to the Toronto Maple Leafs, if I'm not mistaken.

Chicago "Black Hawks" - 46 year drought, last won in 1961.

Toronto comes in second at 40 years.

Before 1994, the New York Rangers had a 54 year drought on their hands and Detroit, before 1997, had themselves a 42 year drought.

I must admit, I died a little when I found out Ottawa had sealed the deal this afternoon. I mean, you have to hand it to them for pulling it together and actually finding a way NOT to choke... but the fact they made it this far depresses me. Oh well, Anaheim (and Detroit) have my support to take the cup south of the boarder... I'd love to see the Niedermayer brothers have their name on the cup side by side and Giguere finally have his name on the cup to compliament his name on the Conn Smythe.