2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Ducks!!!

I'm saying Ducks in 6 all due to their smothingering and powerful D and the fact they can play as, if not more physical than the Sens. Considering all the teams Ottawa faced were soft compared to these guys combined with Emery's weakness in net (yes he has been playing decent) I believe as long as the Ducks' offence can just get shots on net and try to pick up rebounds and crash the net they will be successful. The only question is whether the Ducks will play with passion or play the way they have for most of the Detroit series...

Go Ducks!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

And now we have to wait a week because apparently non-hockey fans in the u.s. will drop everything to watch a cup final game on a holiday monday, but not at all before.

... of course not at all before because they have to be hyped up about the Indianapolis 500 .....

... and then the Coca-Cola 600..... so by Monday, Americans will be too tired to watch Game 1 :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Now that my secondary team, the Red Wings (following the Bolts of course) are out of the playoffs, and seeing that the Ducks and Senators have proven themselves worthy opponents, I predict

Senators in 6

It's good to see a Canadian team make the Stanley Cup finals for the 3rd time in a row (Flames, Oilers, Senators), maybe the 3rd time is the charm.

OMG! The game was preempted in Manitoba for the provinicial election. Surely there's outrage. Maybe Icecap will now say how he hates elections as much as horse racing

Did the NHL reschedule the start time of the game to accommodate CBC's wishes (and against the wishes of another network) to air the game at a certain time and then CBC decided to cut off the broadcast nationally to air this election?

FTW :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Much in the same way you can not give yourself a nickname....

:D

So all of us here, save Roger, are rooting for the Sens, right?

Edit: Duh, and Neon is rooting for SoCal, too.

I can't root for Giggy-puff and his overly large pads.

Go Sens Go!

OMG! The game was preempted in Manitoba for the provinicial election. Surely there's outrage. Maybe Icecap will now say how he hates elections as much as horse racing

Did the NHL reschedule the start time of the game to accommodate CBC's wishes (and against the wishes of another network) to air the game at a certain time and then CBC decided to cut off the broadcast nationally to air this election?

Can it be called rescheduling when the time for that days games were set months in advance before the teams were playing were even known?

I'll be rooting for the Sens in the finals. No, not as a bitter Wings fan, but rather a Jason Spezza fan, as well as someone who'd like to see the cup go to Canada. I'd be lying if I said I'm not displeased about the Wings loss, but to be honest, I didn't expect them to make it as far as they did. I figured they would've lost rather easily to the Sharks. Much to my delight, they played a heck of a series against the Ducks, somehow practically dominating games 4 and 5 - games that they lost. Giguere played a hell of a series, and the Wings made mistakes that hurt 'em in the end. At least Hasek won't win another Stanley Cup. I can't stand him.

On a side note, I really, really hope that Robert Lang and, as much as I hate to say it, Kirk Maltby find a new place to play next year. Crosby for Lang and Malts sounds even to me. :hockeysmiley:

OMG! The game was preempted in Manitoba for the provinicial election. Surely there's outrage. Maybe Icecap will now say how he hates elections as much as horse racing and ....

If you're kidding then yeah, that was funny. If you weren't, then I'm very sorry you can't see the differences in the two situations. Chris outlined them nicely.

Archived