jkrdevil

2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

Not yet fellas.

I could watch Anaheim-Detroit 8 times a season. This has got to be one of the best series I've watched in recent memory....

Not yet fellas.

I could watch Anaheim-Detroit 8 times a season. This has got to be one of the best series I've watched in recent memory....

I'll second that. This series was everything playoff hockey is supposed to be, especially the last two games. And now the Finals matchup is officially set:

nhlottawalv8.pngnhlanaheimae8.png

Not quite an "immovable object vs. irresistible force" matchup, but a team that always seems to be able to make a defensive stand when they need to (Anaheim) vs. a team that always seems to be able to score when they need to (Ottawa). A grand finale to the season indeed.

I should also point out that the Ducks, the most recently added of California's NHL teams, have now become the first team from that state to make the Cup Finals twice.

I was hoping the Ducks would make it, but I don't think they have much of a shot against the Sens. Ottawa has looked so dominant these playoffs. I'm going Senators in 5. It would be great for the series to go 7 like last year though, nothing better in sports.

And now we have to wait a week because apparently non-hockey fans in the u.s. will drop everything to watch a cup final game on a holiday monday, but not at all before.

yes! my vision from 1998 was realized. now if those pesky ducks could just pull off the win. ^_^

i guarentee a senators cup win. :grin:

I'm calling it - Senators in 6.

Congrats Ducks!!!

I'm saying Ducks in 6 all due to their smothingering and powerful D and the fact they can play as, if not more physical than the Sens. Considering all the teams Ottawa faced were soft compared to these guys combined with Emery's weakness in net (yes he has been playing decent) I believe as long as the Ducks' offence can just get shots on net and try to pick up rebounds and crash the net they will be successful. The only question is whether the Ducks will play with passion or play the way they have for most of the Detroit series...

Go Ducks!!!

And now we have to wait a week because apparently non-hockey fans in the u.s. will drop everything to watch a cup final game on a holiday monday, but not at all before.

... of course not at all before because they have to be hyped up about the Indianapolis 500 .....

... and then the Coca-Cola 600..... so by Monday, Americans will be too tired to watch Game 1 :D

Now that my secondary team, the Red Wings (following the Bolts of course) are out of the playoffs, and seeing that the Ducks and Senators have proven themselves worthy opponents, I predict

Senators in 6

It's good to see a Canadian team make the Stanley Cup finals for the 3rd time in a row (Flames, Oilers, Senators), maybe the 3rd time is the charm.

OMG! The game was preempted in Manitoba for the provinicial election. Surely there's outrage. Maybe Icecap will now say how he hates elections as much as horse racing

Did the NHL reschedule the start time of the game to accommodate CBC's wishes (and against the wishes of another network) to air the game at a certain time and then CBC decided to cut off the broadcast nationally to air this election?

FTW :)

Much in the same way you can not give yourself a nickname....

:D

So all of us here, save Roger, are rooting for the Sens, right?

Edit: Duh, and Neon is rooting for SoCal, too.

I will be rooting for the Ducks to beat the Sens, but it won't happen, Sens in 7

I can't root for Giggy-puff and his overly large pads.

Go Sens Go!

OMG! The game was preempted in Manitoba for the provinicial election. Surely there's outrage. Maybe Icecap will now say how he hates elections as much as horse racing

Did the NHL reschedule the start time of the game to accommodate CBC's wishes (and against the wishes of another network) to air the game at a certain time and then CBC decided to cut off the broadcast nationally to air this election?

Can it be called rescheduling when the time for that days games were set months in advance before the teams were playing were even known?

Ducks in 6.