jkrdevil

2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

I'm surprised you're going for the Ducks. How would that make your team look if they were to lose? I'd think you'd be going for the Sens so you could say "Hey, we lost, but only because they'd end up becoming the Stanley Cup Champions."

Or maybe I'm just a jaded bandwagon Sens fan. idk. :P

That happened last year, it did not make me feel better, it just seemed if we won against Carolina/Ottawa, we could have won the cup.

Also, I can't stand Ottawa, especially with Neil and Murray. I would die if they got to lift the cup.

This just pours salt into the didnt get to go to the cup finals wound. :mad:

Dang that sucks you were looking forward to going

Dang that sucks you were looking forward to going

Ehh. Happens. I'll make it someday.

I'm surprised you're going for the Ducks. How would that make your team look if they were to lose? I'd think you'd be going for the Sens so you could say "Hey, we lost, but only because they'd end up becoming the Stanley Cup Champions."

How can you call yourself a legit Thrashers fan, yet root for a certain player's team throughout the playoffs?

The average vision in Canada dropped a few points tonight, after having been exposed to this:

fullj.getty-74220844cp003_game_2_ottawa_8_29_58_pm.jpg

in the pre-game show

The average vision in Canada dropped a few points tonight, after having been exposed to this:

in the pre-game show

P-I-M-P!! I'm sure he made Snoop Dog proud...

My Grandmother used to have a table cloth that looked like that.

How can you call yourself a legit Thrashers fan, yet root for a certain player's team throughout the playoffs?

i'm an isles fan but when they are done in 4 or 5 games in the EC Quarters, i generally root for the sabres until they get eliminated in the conference finals. Then its just me forcing my self to pick a remaining team to cheer. in this case the sens.

Idk.

I am shamed now.

in the pre-game show

Don't worry all of North America's vision will drop in game 4 as Cherry will be on both CBC and NBC.

Ahhhhhhh... sad to think that the once-beloved coach of the late-1970s Boston Bruins has become a pathetic, one-note self-parody. Every time I see or hear this clown, all I can think is, "So, this is what it will be like when Vince McMahon's WEE Enterprises acquires the National Hockey League."

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

caught this on Y! news.

Stanley Cup finals ratings down 22 percent from last year

May 31, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Stanley Cup finals lost nearly a quarter of what already was a small television audience.

Anaheim's 1-0 victory over Ottawa in Game 2 on Wednesday night got a 0.6 cable rating on Versus and was watched in 446,000 homes in the United States.

ADVERTISEMENT

The rating was down 33 percent from last year's second game, a 5-0 victory for Carolina over Edmonton, which received a 0.9 cable rating (600,000 homes) on OLN, as the same network was known then.

Through two games, the Stanley Cup finals averaged a 0.7 rating, down 22 percent from last year's 0.9, and households are down 20 percent, to 485,000 from 606,000 last year.

The remainder of the series will be broadcast by NBC, starting with Game 3 at Ottawa on Saturday night.

Updated on Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:38 pm EDT

------------------------------

can't really say that i'm shocked. sad though that only 400,000 of the population is interested in the SCF.

caught this on Y! news.

May 31, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Stanley Cup finals lost nearly a quarter of what already was a small television audience.

Anaheim's 1-0 victory over Ottawa in Game 2 on Wednesday night got a 0.6 cable rating on Versus and was watched in 446,000 homes in the United States.

ADVERTISEMENT

The rating was down 33 percent from last year's second game, a 5-0 victory for Carolina over Edmonton, which received a 0.9 cable rating (600,000 homes) on OLN, as the same network was known then.

Through two games, the Stanley Cup finals averaged a 0.7 rating, down 22 percent from last year's 0.9, and households are down 20 percent, to 485,000 from 606,000 last year.

The remainder of the series will be broadcast by NBC, starting with Game 3 at Ottawa on Saturday night.

can't really say that i'm shocked. sad though that only 400,000 of the population is interested in the SCF.

Here's an idea: Don't put the first 2 cup games on VS. Why not NBC for the games?

caught this on Y! news.

May 31, 2007

ADVERTISEMENT

Here's an idea: Don't put the first 2 cup games on VS. Why not NBC for the games?

because that makes too much sense.

Because the first two games are in May -- sweeps month (but technically, the 28-day sweeps period ended May 24).

Notice how the calendar turns to June and NBC's willing to carry hockey in prime-time and ABC's jumping in on the bouncyball playoffs.

It doesn't help that:

1. One of the Finalists doesn't get the channel, nor would contribute to TV ratings.

2. The American Finalist has games starting at 5pm local time, a time in which most folks are leaving work.

3. It's not on free TV.

Because the first two games are in May -- sweeps month (but technically, the 28-day sweeps period ended May 24).

Notice how the calendar turns to June and NBC's willing to carry hockey in prime-time and ABC's jumping in on the bouncyball playoffs.

Funny...you should mention to the Network Execs that all that I saw on their channel(s) that month was the local news and an episode of "The Office" that my sister roped me into watching.