jkrdevil

2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

can't really say that i'm shocked. sad though that only 400,000 of the population is interested in the SCF.

It doesn't help that:

1. One of the Finalists doesn't get the channel, nor would contribute to TV ratings.

2. The American Finalist has games starting at 5pm local time, a time in which most folks are leaving work.

3. It's not on free TV.

and it doesn't help that its going up against American Idol that gets quadruple the ratings of the highest rated super bowl.

Game 3 is a pretty good game so far. 2-1 DUCKS!!!!!!!! almost 1/2 way through the 2nd

2-2 right now. Has the makings of an above-average NHL game, meaning it won't be THAT boring.

2-2 right now. Has the makings of an above-average NHL game, meaning it won't be THAT boring.

Make that 3-2 Ducks

Make it 4-3! :flagcanada:

Edited by Icecap79

not a bad game. My thought was that if Ottawa wasn't in this game right away, they could kiss the series goodbye. If they build on this win this will be a tight four games to play. If Anahien wins game 4, it will be over. I don't think Ottawa can win if the gun is to their heads

Yeah this game means nothing unless the Senators Win Game 4

Chris Pronger should receive a two game suspension for his head-hunting cheap shot on Dean McAmmond, considering this would be the second time he's gone after someone's head this postseason.

Chris Pronger should receive a two game suspension for his head-hunting cheap shot on Dean McAmmond, considering this would be the second time he's gone after someone's head this postseason.

The entire Ducks team played dirty tonight. It's like they can't help it when the tide starts to turn against them.

Looked like a "good" game by both teams....except for the "kicked in" goal by the Sens which really didn't matter at the end.

Ducks up 2 games to 1....should be a good one on Monday!

Pronger's headshot was not as cheap as most people make it seem. It's just unfortunate that he tries to push the player out of his way and it catches him in the head. (Seriously, you look at it and it does not look intentional, especially when you compare it to the Holmstrom hit, in which he had Holmstrom lined up for a good three seconds before he hit him.)

Hopefully, a much better result will ensue.

--Roger "Today!" Clemente.

Video from the NBC feed which had a better shot of it than CBC. It was a pretty intentional elbow to the head cheap shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QphT0Wg9-58

Eh... not as bad as the Domi on Niedermayer elbow back in... '01...? Now THAT was head hunting... Just remember Sens fans, this win means NOTHING unless you can manage to take game 4 which, will not be an easy task... Pittsburgh, New Jersey AND Buffalo each managed a win and looked what happened in the end... :P

Video from the NBC feed which had a better shot of it than CBC. It was a pretty intentional elbow to the head cheap shot.

The shot at 0:35 makes it look like Pronger is trying to get around him by pushing off him with his arm. The shot at 1:04 shows that McAmmond is slightly leaning forward as he hits Pronger's arm. Pronger's elbow does not come above his shoulder.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Eh... not as bad as the Domi on Niedermayer elbow back in... '01...?P

I never said it was as bad as that. The Domi hit on Niedermayer was away from the play, had Pronger kept his elbow in it would have been a clean it.

Just remember Sens fans, this win means NOTHING unless you can manage to take game 4 which, will not be an easy task...

How does it mean nothing if they lose G4? What if they get down 1-3, then win three in a row? Tonight's game was very meaningful, regardless of what happens on Monday, but even more so now that their offence is back and they have the momentum.

Prongley's cheapshot:

1) Late. 2) Elbow. 3) To the head. 4) Repeat offender.

That is going to a suspension.

You got to be kidding me Roger...that was an intentional elbow by a mile.

Good game by the Sens.

Some questionable calls on both end, hope they can fix the problem.

can't really say that i'm shocked. sad though that only 400,000 of the population is interested in the SCF.

It doesn't help that:

1. One of the Finalists doesn't get the channel, nor would contribute to TV ratings.

2. The American Finalist has games starting at 5pm local time, a time in which most folks are leaving work.

3. It's not on free TV.

and it doesn't help that its going up against American Idol that gets quadruple the ratings of the highest rated super bowl.

....except American Idol ended the week before the Cup Final began..

It doesn't help that:

3. It's not on free TV.

....except American Idol ended the week before the Cup Final began..

really? I honestly thought it was still going on. Didn't realize it was already over. i learn something new everyday.

Meh, the game wasn't anything spectacular tonite.

That's why I miss college hockey so much right now....