2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

Detroit ended their 11 year sellout streak coming a few hundred short for Game 1 against Calgary.

The Devils also were about 3k short in Game 1. Kinda sad. Gonna be interesting to see how they draw in the new arena where ticket prices will be even higher. But atleast transportation to the arena will be easier.

Tampa v.s. New Jersey tonight, let's get this series tied back up before heading home Bolts.

I might be going to games 3 and 4. For Free. Yes, Free. My friend has an extra ticket for both. Hell yeah.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit ended their 11 year sellout streak coming a few hundred short for Game 1 against Calgary.

The Devils also were about 3k short in Game 1. Kinda sad. Gonna be interesting to see how they draw in the new arena where ticket prices will be even higher. But atleast transportation to the arena will be easier.

Tampa v.s. New Jersey tonight, let's get this series tied back up before heading home Bolts.

I might be going to games 3 and 4. For Free. Yes, Free. My friend has an extra ticket for both. Hell yeah.

According to the Devils the seats that saw the biggest increase in price already have a waiting list for. So it looks like those will be sold out which is a good sign. Should be a better crowd tonight as it's a Saturday and the concerns about getting back late because of traffic is reduced (no school or work tomorrow).

I saw game 2 of Preds V Sharks and Nashville (the city not the team) almost killed the refs

Someone threw a catfish with a giveaway pom-pom in its mouth

Gnash (the mascot) is the best dancer I know

Kometsdoitagain.jpg

2008 and 2009 BACK 2 BACK Turner Cup Champions FORT WAYNE KOMETS

IM BAAACK!

I saw game 2 of Preds V Sharks and Nashville (the city not the team) almost killed the refs

Someone threw a catfish with a giveaway pom-pom in its mouth

Gnash (the mascot) is the best dancer I know

oh yeah our answer to Detroit's octopus

btw even if i wasn't a homer the officiating is absolutely sickening in the series so far.

So I'm watching the NHL on NBC pregame show, and they are fawning over Sidney Crosby & the Pens. They basically lambasted Ottawa's fans for booing the guy (I mean, come on, you want them to cheer when he scores?) and they've basically been picked as the team to root for. Which in my mind makes them the team to root against. I hope Ottawa drubs them now. :P

That, and if all else fails, I wanna see Ray Emery slug someone.

So I'm watching the NHL on NBC pregame show, and they are fawning over Sidney Crosby & the Pens. They basically lambasted Ottawa's fans for booing the guy (I mean, come on, you want them to cheer when he scores?) and they've basically been picked as the team to root for. Which in my mind makes them the team to root against. I hope Ottawa drubs them now. :P

That, and if all else fails, I wanna see Ray Emery slug someone.

You saw the montage about their first game with the virtually funeral-sounding music? I was laughing so hard during that thing. There's no way they could be serious talking about the game like that, but they were!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Can someone strangle Mike Emrick? Please?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Can someone strangle Mike Emrick? Please?

What do you have against Doc? He's one of the best play by play men out there. I miss not being able to listen to him game practically every game.

Anyways the Pens-Sens game was great game. A nice chippy intense game what the playoffs are all about.

What do you have against Doc? He's one of the best play by play men out there. I miss not being able to listen to him game practically every game.

Anyways the Pens-Sens game was great game. A nice chippy intense game what the playoffs are all about.

Human beings with that grating voice and Musberger-esque ability to scream in response to a mundane play should not be allowed to live.

I'm watching Lightning-Devils on NHL Center Ice. With about a minute to go in the 2nd, Martin St. Louis scored an incredible goal on a shot almost parallel to the goal line to tie the score 2-2. It didn't look like it went in off Brodeur, and it certainly didn't hit a pipe. It's one of the sharpest-angle goals I've ever seen.

CCSLC signature.png

Barry Trotz has proven himself to be an idiot, do you honestly believe the hits on Cheechoo and Bernier were clean? And the street brawl comment was stupid, why don't you explain why you sent Tootoo and Hartnell on to fight everybody?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Penguins fans are going crazy right now, right from the drop of the puck they've been loud, and Roberts scores 52 seconds in and that place erupted again.

Why the Sens couldn't get a deal done with Roberts is beyond me, and why they settled with Oleg Saprykin is also beyond me.

So, how is NBC/Versus going to spin this game? They were speechess after Game 1, and fell all over themselves ceding the series to the Penguins after Game 2. What can we expect after Game 3?

Easy. Brief, faint praise for the Senators' win, followed a long diatribe by Brian Engblom (That haircut has to be in violation of some international agreement) about the hit on Rob Scuderi. Of course, he couldn't get back on his high horse about Evgeni Malkin's attempted mugging of Chris Phillips later on in the game. <_< Is impartiality too much to ask for?

Sean Avery has made it onto my list of "Athletes I Despise."

So you hate Crosby and now you hate Avery. Welcome to the world of being a hockey fan.

Aw right. Where's the Molson? :D

So, how is NBC/Versus going to spin this game? They were speechess after Game 1, and fell all over themselves ceding the series to the Penguins after Game 2. What can we expect after Game 3?

Easy. Brief, faint praise for the Senators' win, followed a long diatribe by Brian Engblom (That haircut has to be in violation of some international agreement) about the hit on Rob Scuderi. Of course, he couldn't get back on his high horse about Evgeni Malkin's attempted mugging of Chris Phillips later on in the game. <_< Is impartiality too much to ask for?

Pot meet Mr. Kettle.

Archived