jkrdevil

2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

Hell yes.

That was a horrendous performance. I knew something was wrong when they gave up a goal 30 SECONDS IN!

Ridiculous. I've never been that pissed at watching a team play ever. It was so bad I flipped to the Hawks. (Who were winning, how ironic.)

Pronger just scored for the Ducks on a 2nd-period power play. Meanwhile he and the Anaheim D aren't giving the Wild many prime opportunities to score. (That, in a nutshell, has been the story of the series.) Unfortunately (for me and my fellow Wild fans on CCSLC, anyway) it may be getting near time to break out the brooms.

Scoring this series:

Atlanta

Marian Hossa- 0 G 0 A 0 Pts

Ilya Kovalchuk- 1 G 0 A 1 Pts

Total: 1 G 0 A 1 Pts

Scoring this evening:

New York Rangers

Ryan Callahan 2 G 0 A 2 Pts

Total: 2 G 0 A 2 Pts

:D

The Wild go two straight power plays without a single shot on goal, then get the game-tier at even strength a minute later. Go figure.

1-1 after two.

The Devils are so flat in these games and Brodeur has been shaky thats not good. Game 4 is a must win or this Lou Lamoriello firing of Claude Jullien will backfire.

I would be amazed if whoever lands the Devils' head coach job next season doesn't demand a massive severance package be built into their contract, to kick in if he is fired before the playoffs.

Anyway, right now I'm watching what may well be the Wild's last stand. 7 minutes left in the 1st period of Game 4, and no score yet.

Julien is getting paid his full contract.

Still I don't think it was wrong to fire Julien. The same stuff that is happening now happened them under him. It's not like the changed caused these problems, it just didn't correct them.

F*** the CBC!!!

While it appears that the Canucks and Stars are playing an awesome tight game, I'm stuck watching the insignifacnt Flames who are about to go down in 4 games...

At least TSN's producers switch games when it matters...

F*** the CBC!!!

While it appears that the Canucks and Stars are playing an awesome tight game, I'm stuck watching the insignifacnt Flames who are about to go down in 4 games...

At least TSN's producers switch games when it matters...

That's why they're streaming all of the games on CBCsports.ca...so you can watch whatever game you want to.

---

And man, what a last 10 minutes to the game! Linden is showing that he is a playoff performer, and came through big time, and then Willie Mitchell, clearing the puck off the goal line with 3 minutes to go really sealed it.

3-1 and I am ecstatic! Now we've got a chance to win it at home.

LUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11oneone

3-1 series, going back to tha Pacific Northwest!

Marty Turco may go down in history as the worst playoff goalie in NHL history.

He wasn't the reason the Stars lost today. He was spectacular, besides for overhandling the puck (which hasn't resulted in a goal this series) he hasn't been the Stars problem, the Stars main forwards need to step up (Modano, Lehtinen, Morrow) but the record beside his name isn't too great.

By the way, the Stars have now lost 5 straight at home in the playoffs. Ouch.

First game goes to 4 OT, second game gets a shut out, gives up 2 goals in game 3 and 4.

He's awful :rolleyes:

I don't think Turco is the one to blame.

Wow... the Wild have suddenly exploded for three goals in the third period! They even chased Bryzgalov from the Ducks' net, and J.S. Giguere is in ther now. It's about time. 4-1 with about four minutes left. Looks like the Wild's playoff hopes are going to survive the night after all...

First game goes to 4 OT, second game gets a shut out, gives up 2 goals in game 3 and 4.

He's awful :rolleyes:

I don't think Turco is the one to blame.

He has a 9-17 record in playoff games thats what I was referring to.

It was another good night of hockey. I thought the Red Wings / Flames game was highly enjoyable, especially the last half of the third period.

It was nice to see the Wild get a win, I hope they can make it a series.

7 - 0?? Ouch! I can't remember the last time I saw a playoff score that lopsided.

Ron Tugnutt thanks you for the complement, Tank.

Ron Tugnutt thanks you for the complement, Tank.

Well was Tugnutt ever any good in the regular season? Turco is terrific October to March then he vanishes.

1st Playoff Appearance: 2006-07

1st Playoff Win: N/A.

Amazing. <_<

But, hats off to em. First time in the playoffs, and actually had the city excited for a change.

So yeah, GO FLAMES W00T