Recognize

TwoRsAndTwoLs

can u say CY YOUNG?!?!?

this guy is killer.

man i gotta see him pitch live one of these days.

i might have last year but it wasnt a big deal..

I got to see him in his rookie season -- he had a no hitter going into the 6th inning

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Career record: 18-18

Career ERA: 3.73

Shut up.

I'll give you that he didn't perform to expectation last year and that he's certainly not going to shut out every team he faces this year... the .075 batting average against right now is ridiculous and all that, but by the end of the year, you may want to check those numbers again, because they could easily be 33-26 with an ERA in the 3.60 range.

And in a year where Gil Meche (56-45, 4.64 ERA career) gets such a ridiculous contract, that's not bad.

Hell, Johan Santana's got a 3.19 career ERA and an 80-31 record playing for a playoff team for four of the last seven years. You've got to admit that Felix really had nothing to work with behind him offensively last year, which will contribute to those win numbers. We'll see how this goes.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Shut up.

21 years old

This year

2-0 ERA 0.00

17 innings 4 hits allowed

Dude maybe about to have a break out year, and he has awesome stuff

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Exactly. He 1-hit the Red Sox offense. I don't wanna sound like a Sawx mark or anything, but if you 1-hit the Red Sox, then more then either they had an off off off day, or the guy pitching the ball is good as hell. I'm banking on the latter. Felix Hernandez is the truth.

can u say CY YOUNG?!?!?

this guy is killer.

man i gotta see him pitch live one of these days.

i might have last year but it wasnt a big deal..

No, but I can spell it. J-O-H-N (space) L-A-C-K-E-Y :P

You're a lacky for suggest such a thing.

I saw, I came, I left.

Let's look at things in another 25 starts, then (if necessary) start *** shall we?

*/ funny, but not necessary :P - CC97

True, but for now, pardon my excitement because for the first time in several years, it feels like the Mariners are going to win every 5 games. We haven't seen that kind of dominance out here since the Big Unit.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Let's look at things in another 25 starts, then (if necessary) start *** shall we?

True, but for now, pardon my excitement because for the first time in several years, it feels like the Mariners are going to win every 5 games. We haven't seen that kind of dominance out here since the Big Unit.

Well then, at the very least, the Ms can look forward to another spectacular, 30-win season.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Shut up.

Well said. As for everyone else arguing hes 2-0! He's 2-0! Let's take a look at some more men at 2-0....

Chuck James, 2-0, 0.82 ERA

Nate Robertson, 2-0, 1.38 ERA

Matt Belisle , 2-0, 1.50 ERA

Ramon Ortiz, 2-0, 1.80 ERA

Aaron Harang, 2-0, 3.55 ERA

OHHHHH LA LA.... :rolleyes:

Well then, at the very least, the Ms can look forward to another spectacular, 30-win season.

Make that 31, Washburn managed to win a start in there, too. And somewhere in the schedule I think we'll play some worse teams. The Mariners might get a couple wins there. That's why they play the games, right?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I love the Mariners; I love King Felix. This was a ridiculous performance.

but [dennis green]let's not CROWN 'em[/denny] until he's proved something throughout a season. Gimme an over-500 season, then we'll talk.

Does he deserve hype? Yes. Cy-young? are you high? Not a chance - yet.

harperdc.gif

I love the Mariners; I love King Felix. This was a ridiculous performance.

but [dennis green]let's not CROWN 'em[/denny] until he's proved something throughout a season. Gimme an over-500 season, then we'll talk.

Does he deserve hype? Yes. Cy-young? are you high? Not a chance - yet.

Thank you.

He's two starts into the season, folks. Let's not lose our heads. At this stage, Gil Meche looks like a dominant pitcher, too. Let's see if that one lasts.

Shut up.

Well said. As for everyone else arguing hes 2-0! He's 2-0! Let's take a look at some more men at 2-0....

Chuck James, 2-0, 0.82 ERA

Nate Robertson, 2-0, 1.38 ERA

Matt Belisle , 2-0, 1.50 ERA

Ramon Ortiz, 2-0, 1.80 ERA

Aaron Harang, 2-0, 3.55 ERA

OHHHHH LA LA.... :rolleyes:

Aaron Harang doesn't belong on the surprise 2-0 pitchers list, he won 16 games last year with more strikeouts and innings pitched than the Cy young winner who also won only 16 games. He should've gotten more than 0 votes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived