Baseball fans

Ez Street

I'm sorry if none of you came up with any valid points for hating the Yankees. I'm sorry the New York Yankees were able to win all these championships while those of you who support other teams have to wallow and say "wait till next year."

I'm sorry George Stienbrenner CARES ABOUT HIS TEAM. IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN. You can't blame him, and of course Yankees fans will have a swagger about them. We root for the best team in the greatest city in the world. Now yes, there are posers out there. The ones who can't name there Yankees starting rotation, The ones who leave after the 7th inning. The ones who wouldn't be caught dead at the Stadium before 1994. Yeah, your out there. But the rest of us, who go to the games, are proud of the pinstripes who love the Ballantine Blast shouldn't be grouped with a few morons who probably aren't from New York to begin with.

The thread isn't about hating teams, but hating the FANS of a team. Unfortunately, you present yourself as the stereotypical Yankees fan do a spectacular job at it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry if none of you came up with any valid points for hating the Yankees. I'm sorry the New York Yankees were able to win all these championships while those of you who support other teams have to wallow and say "wait till next year."

I'm sorry George Stienbrenner CARES ABOUT HIS TEAM. IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN. You can't blame him, and of course Yankees fans will have a swagger about them. We root for the best team in the greatest city in the world. Now yes, there are posers out there. The ones who can't name there Yankees starting rotation, The ones who leave after the 7th inning. The ones who wouldn't be caught dead at the Stadium before 1994. Yeah, your out there. But the rest of us, who go to the games, are proud of the pinstripes who love the Ballantine Blast shouldn't be grouped with a few morons who probably aren't from New York to begin with.

The thread isn't about hating teams, but hating the FANS of a team. Unfortunately, you present yourself as the stereotypical Yankees fan do a spectacular job at it.

I am a :censored:in' Yankees fan and I'm damn proud of it. What are you gonna do now? Politicize this? I guess Rush Limbaugh has something to do with this right? Fortunatley, you present yourself as a smug prick.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

First off, I'm a Dodger fan.

I went to Game 1 of the World Series in 2002. (Giants vs. Angels) Naturally one would think that I'd go for the Angels, seeing as they're an L.A. team. But no, I was rooting for the Giants. Why? My first t-ball team was the Giants, and - lo and behold, just by chance - My uniform number was 25.

So my dad and I went to Edison Field for Game 1. There we met the nicest Giant fans I've ever encountered. We sat next to a group of 4 guys, all with their black and orange garb (rubber chickens included). Some great baseball banter went on that night, and even better - The guy sitting closest to me gave me a ball hit by J.T. Snow at Batting Practice that day.

Alternativley, I encountered some of the nastiest and obnoxious fans ever. Angels fans.

On every single play whether it was a walk or a balk, they hit their "thundersticks" together. And then a 65-70 year old woman politely asked a 25-30 year old woman and her friend could sit down, because she couldn't see what was going on. The womans response?

"Well stand up then!"

<_<

(Later I found a picture of the nice s.f. guys on an image slideshow on mlb.com, that was pretty weird)

Giantbuddies.jpg

Stay tuned for more misadventures with fans!

Why? Cause on Saturday, May 19 - I'm gonna be at a 3:55 game at Shea, where the Mets face the Yankees.

Hoo-boy...

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I am a :censored:in' Yankees fan and I'm damn proud of it. What are you gonna do now? Politicize this? I guess Rush Limbaugh has something to do with this right? Fortunatley, you present yourself as a smug prick.

Yeesh. I think you missed the point of this thread. Spectacularly too. But yeah, guilty as charged. How about next time, you take a deep breath?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The worst road fans at Jacobs Field are easily Red Sox fans. They're arrogant, loud, obnoxious jerks and they act like we owe them something. But they aren't even the fans I dislike the most. That honor goes to fans of my own hometown team The Cleveland Indians.

I don't know what has happened to Cleveland sports fans over the past 10 years but they all have turned into one of two things. They either whine worse than any pre 2004 Red Sox fan you've ever encountered or they are so :censored:ing clueless it's an embarassment to the game. for some reason we have become the new Red Sox fans. We act as if winning a title is somehow owed to us. Every year if team ownership doesn't break the bank trying to buy us a title by signing every free agent on the market it's an affront to humanity itself.

The other half of Tribe fans consist of what my girlfriend aptly titled "soccer mom/khaki guy fans." They show up at the games because it's "a place to be." They talk on their cell phones, or to each other, they drink way too much and get loud and pretty much annoy the :censored: out of the few fans who are there to actually watch a major league game. Rarely do "soccer mom/khaki guy fans" actually pay attention to the game. Somewhere along the way true Tribe fans either got lost in the shuffle or they simply quit bothering to go to games. Jacobs Field used to be a great place for baseball now it's just another kiddie park filled with fans who couldn't tell you if it's Grady Sizemore or Rocky Colavito standing in the batter's box.

Don't even get me started on Browns fans.

Sorry had to get that off my chest. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I'm a die hard reds fan and in my experiences. I like Indian and most Cards fans I've been to both of their stadiums when the Reds played them and all of the fans were really cool. However I hate Yankee, Red Sox fans and I hate the fact that when the Cubs are in town their fans nearly outnumber our fans.

I'm a Cubs fan and I think that the Cardinals fans are great. I went to a game at Busch last year and all of the fans were nice. Nobody was booing any of the Cubs fans. I don't like most Cub fans, though. Most of the people at Wrigley are drunk and yell at the field with no knowledge of the game. Its not enjoyable to watch a game with two 45 year old men teaching another man their age about baseball. Even though I'm a die-hard Cubs fan, I support the Sox but I don't really like their fans. All they did before they won the World Series was find something that the Cubs were worse than them at. Before they won the World Series they rarely sold out a game, and then they sold out the whole season after they won it all.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Brewers fans are pretty great, because if they made it this far, they're the true believers, and seem to know their stuff. The resentment toward Cubs fans is a little strange and over the top, since it's more the product of Wisconsin's inferiority complex than a true finely aged baseball rivalry, and if you really want Cubs fans out of your park, beat them to the punch at the box office and sell it out yourself, but whatever. Milwaukee baseball fans are well educated in their sport.

w/r/t that specific problem, if I were a Brewers fan, I wouldn't gnash my teeth and pound my fists about Cubs fans outnumbering Crew fans for a few days out of the year, because those are asses in seats, mouths to be fed, and wallets to be emptied that, more often than not, just don't turn out when the Pirates and Nationals come to town. Make money off those guys, and put it into improving the team. In fact, I don't need to give instructions, because over the last few years, I bet that's exactly what the Brewers did, and now they're landing free agents like Suppan that will help them make a run for the pennant, financed in part by the competition. Go ahead and bus 'em in from Gurnee and Lindenhurst or something; it's more money for the Brew Crew.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The worst road fans at Jacobs Field Safeco Field are easily Red Sox fans. They're arrogant, loud, obnoxious jerks and they act like we owe them something. But they aren't even the fans I dislike the most. That honor goes to fans of my own hometown team The Cleveland Indians Seattle Mariners.

The other half of Tribe fans consist of what my girlfriend dad, and myself aptly titled "soccer mom/khaki guy fans." They show up at the games because it's "a place to be." They talk on their cell phones, or to each other, they drink way too much and get loud and pretty much annoy the :censored: out of the few fans who are there to actually watch a major league game. Rarely do "soccer mom/khaki guy fans" actually pay attention to the game. Somewhere along the way true Tribe M's fans either got lost in the shuffle or they simply quit bothering to go to games.

A lot of people listed Yankee fans as among their least favorites, but I couldn't. My dad was a diehard Yankee fan, even though he lived all his life in central North Dakota (except for his stint in WWII).

He was a baseball fan, period, and because of that, we would go 420 miles from our home in central N.D. to the Twin Cities for Twins-Yankees games. We would always stay at the old Radisson Hotel in downtown Minneapolis because that's where the Yankees stayed. And, yes, I got tons of autographs (all of which were thrown out with my baseball cards by my mom).

My dad had gone through surgery about three weeks before he died, and because of that he missed a few games of the 1982 World Series between the Brewers and Cardinals. We mentioned to him that it was too bad he was out of it and couldn't watch the World Series. His reply: "That's OK. The Yankees aren't in it, anyway."

Because going to 161st and River Ave is AN EXPERIENCE. One that fans of the Royals, Blue Jays and Orioles or any other team for that matter will never know. Not for nothing, you guys all knock Yankee fans because you can't win an arguement. Too freaking bad.

These are the exact reasons why people don't like Yankees fans. Yea, you guys have won the most championships. You've got the right to "have a swagger". But you act like every other team's fans root for a second class team, from a second class city. We'll never be true baseball fans because we've never EXPERIENCED what its like. Most Yankees fans act like there better than everyone else.

Yea, I can't really win an argument with a Yankee fan. But, I'm also not trying to get into one. The Orioles suck, we have an owner that's more interested in making a profit for himself than putting out a winning team. I know we're not on the same level as the yankees right now. But then you have people bringing up that kid that reached over the fence. They make idiotic comments like it wouldn't have made a difference in the series anyway, or Tony Tarasco wouldn't have made the catch anyway. That's a play that hurts Baltimore fans alot (we could have made the world series). Why bring it up 10 years later, when the team hasn't sniffed success in the past 9 years. It's this arrogance that people don't like.

Well I'm not sure why I'm even bringing this up. I'm just a stupid guy from some second class city. There's no way any of my points could be valid or worth anyone's time.

Because going to 161st and River Ave is AN EXPERIENCE. One that fans of the Royals, Blue Jays and Orioles or any other team for that matter will never know. Not for nothing, you guys all knock Yankee fans because you can't win an arguement. Too freaking bad.

An experience = scared to death about making a wrong turn down a street in the Bronx.

1zqy8ok.gif

I can't stand whiners.

Yankee fans are the worst??? obviously, you guys are dealing with the douchebags who are from Jersey, or anywhere else no where near The Bronx. Because going to 161st and River Ave is AN EXPERIENCE. One that fans of the Royals, Blue Jays and Orioles or any other team for that matter will never know. Not for nothing, you guys all knock Yankee fans because you can't win an arguement. Too freaking bad. Its not the fault of the Yankees or there fans to comfort and coddle the opposing team even though the Yanks are making welfare payments to these clubs.

lol, the point of pretty much everybody who said that Yankee fans are the worst has been proven.

Sellout a game first than make comments about the Yankees.

How much does it cost to buy a World Series again? I'm sure you guys will continue to search for that answer.

How much does it cost to buy a World Series again? I'm sure you guys will continue to search for that answer.

Atlanta's still searching too. :P

Division Titles Since 1993

Atlanta: 12

Florida: 0

World Series Titles Since 1993

Florida: 2

Atlanta: 1

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Hey now, there was no reason to bring that up :P

At least we've been plodding along on a budget. The Yanks will throw money at most any problem they have.

We just throw minor-leaguers at it. :P

Oh, and I don't care for Jays fans either. Just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean that I need to support a team from a city 3,000 miles away from me, that doesn't care whether my birth or adopted city falls off the map.

The greatest tragedy for you will be the day you finally realize this was never true... and I'm including the day you broke your television.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Hey now, there was no reason to bring that up :P

At least we've been plodding along on a budget. The Yanks will throw money at most any problem they have.

We just throw minor-leaguers at it. :P

You mean in 1996 and 1999???

Yankees 4

Braves 2

Yankees 4

Braves 0

Atlanta hasn't beaten the Yankees in a series since...ohh wait when the Braves played in Milwaukee!!

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

You mean in 1996 and 1999???

Yankees 4

Braves 2

Yankees 4

Braves 0

Atlanta hasn't beaten the Yankees in a series since...ohh wait when the Braves played in Milwaukee!!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, April 15th, 2007 - 00:53:26)

I'm a Cubs fan and I think that the Cardinals fans are great. I went to a game at Busch last year and all of the fans were nice. Nobody was booing any of the Cubs fans. I don't like most Cub fans, though. Most of the people at Wrigley are drunk and yell at the field with no knowledge of the game. Its not enjoyable to watch a game with two 45 year old men teaching another man their age about baseball. Even though I'm a die-hard Cubs fan, I support the Sox but I don't really like their fans. All they did before they won the World Series was find something that the Cubs were worse than them at. Before they won the World Series they rarely sold out a game, and then they sold out the whole season after they won it all.

This is why I like Cubs fans! Ya'll always have a way to think positivly, and don't really get negative. I'm gonna be heading down to Wrigley the 25th for game 6 of the "I-94 Series." I will be in FULL Brewers gear jersey and hat or thermal fleece and hat, depending on the weather. I'm meeting up with some of my IL family. It's gonna be a great time! I'm looking forward to mixing it up on YOUR turf this year, did it last year on MINE or should I say "MINE" :therock: It's developing into a great fun rivalry. We've been going at it in the same division for almost 10 YEARS now! I'm actually a Cubs fan as well, with my mom being a fan as well. So I want them to win games, but NOT more than my Brew Crew!

packchampionslfroh.png

Brewers fans are pretty great, because if they made it this far, they're the true believers, and seem to know their stuff. The resentment toward Cubs fans is a little strange and over the top, since it's more the product of Wisconsin's inferiority complex than a true finely aged baseball rivalry, and if you really want Cubs fans out of your park, beat them to the punch at the box office and sell it out yourself, but whatever. Milwaukee baseball fans are well educated in their sport.

w/r/t that specific problem, if I were a Brewers fan, I wouldn't gnash my teeth and pound my fists about Cubs fans outnumbering Crew fans for a few days out of the year, because those are asses in seats, mouths to be fed, and wallets to be emptied that, more often than not, just don't turn out when the Pirates and Nationals come to town. Make money off those guys, and put it into improving the team. In fact, I don't need to give instructions, because over the last few years, I bet that's exactly what the Brewers did, and now they're landing free agents like Suppan that will help them make a run for the pennant, financed in part by the competition. Go ahead and bus 'em in from Gurnee and Lindenhurst or something; it's more money for the Brew Crew.

Ummm... actually Brewers fans hate Cubs fans because they're the same arrogant yuppie pricks who've been treating Wisconsin like their personal playground for years. We didn't have the same problem with White Sox fans (or currently with Cardinals fans) because they tend to be working-class people just like the majority of Milwaukee. But Cubs fans come from a higher income bracket and love to flaunt it as if we owe them something just for gracing our city with their presence.

Of course, none of this bothered Bud Selig, so when attendance at Miller Park wasn't what he'd hoped it would be (who'da thunk screwing the taxpayers while showing no commitment to improiving the team would alienate fans?), he created ticket packages to sell in Illinois (Cubs games) and Missouri (Cards games). That's why it's not so easy to "beat them to the punch at the box office and sell it out yourself" when there's a certain amount of tickets set aside to be sold in those markets every year. For all the good moves Anastacio has made since buying the team, he still hasn't had the balls to stop selling tickets in Illinois (like he needs the money).

I've been to a few Brewers-Cardinals games, a few where the Cards fans outnumbered the Crew fans. But (other than a few unecessary ribs about the 82 series) not only are Cardinals fans much easier to deal with, they're also much more knowledgable about the game. And if this past week has shown anything, it's that Brewers fans are normally VERY accepting of fans from other teams. So ultimatley, it begs the question of what the Cubs fans are doing to piss everyone off (for a partial answer, see first paragraph).

Archived