Troy receives Sun Belt Conference Championship rings.

sacker12

We actually got them last Wednesday. I would have posted photos of my ring, but I haven't been able to borrow a digital camera off someone. But, I found some photos of the ring from Facebook, so here they are. As soon as I get photos of my ring, I will try to post them.

n582690703_251268_7693.jpg

n45100317_30709399_7604.jpg

Holy :censored:! Those are huge! I remember one of my coaches for my high school played for Mizzou when they lost to Arkansas in the Independence Bowl, they got a ring for just going, and it was probably about that size. Crazy.

How much did one of those things cost?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Holy :censored:! Those are huge! I remember one of my coaches for my high school played for Mizzou when they lost to Arkansas in the Independence Bowl, they got a ring for just going, and it was probably about that size. Crazy.

I believe the price that Balfour quoted us was $250 per ring. However, the New Orleans Bowl committee paid for the ring. It's a little complicated.

I believe the price that Balfour quoted us was $250 per ring. However, the New Orleans Bowl committee paid for the ring. It's a little complicated.

do you accually play for the team?

If you do play Congrats

do you accually play for the team?

If you do play Congrats

Actually, I'm a student equipment manager.

Lucky. I didn't get an ACC Championship ring or an Orange Bowl ring. I did get a pretty sweet beach towel though.

You've got to be freaking kidding me! I would have thought players, coaches, and support staff got rings for bowl games. I'm truly sorry to hear that.

at my work, we have 2 regular customers that come in, one played on the 1987 (i think, not positive) Troy team that won their conference... and another is an SEC ref that has a championship ring of USC's for refing the SC-Oklahoma championship game a few years ago... both look awesome, but the SC ring looks the best

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

at my work, we have 2 regular customers that come in, one played on the 1987 (i think, not positive) Troy team that won their conference... and another is an SEC ref that has a championship ring of USC's for refing the SC-Oklahoma championship game a few years ago... both look awesome, but the SC ring looks the best

You must be talking about the 1987 D-II National Championship ring. That ring was nice, but I side with you on the SC ring.

You mean the ref's got rings, too? I honestly never knew that.

Lucky. I didn't get an ACC Championship ring or an Orange Bowl ring. I did get a pretty sweet beach towel though.
You've got to be freaking kidding me! I would have thought players, coaches, and support staff got rings for bowl games. I'm truly sorry to hear that.

Yeah, definitely BS. Not sure who is in charge of making this decision, but I'm not very happy with them right now.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems a little over the top. I also think I wouldn't really want a ring if I was a manager or ballboy and what not...because in 5 or 10 years when someone says "hey you played for Troy State in 20xx?" Your response is gonna have to start off with something like, "Weellll...."

But still cool nonetheless that you did get one, piece of history.

Yeah, definitely BS. Not sure who is in charge of making this decision, but I'm not very happy with them right now.

Yeah, I can't blame you. And, I thought I was getting the shaft by waiting several months to get a bowl watch.

Still, it isn't fair that the support staff didn't get any rings. They put in just as many, if not more, hours than the players do, and have to put up with a lot more crap than most people. It only seems fair that they would get rings.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems a little over the top. I also think I wouldn't really want a ring if I was a manager or ballboy and what not...because in 5 or 10 years when someone says "hey you played for Troy State in 20xx?" Your response is gonna have to start off with something like, "Weellll...."

I'm with you. First off, over the top? Check. It's a freakin' conference championship we're talking about... I mean, those are as big as some National Championship rings I've seen... As an example, here's Bemdiji State (D-II NSIC conference champ's) ring's for this past year:

RingBalfour.jpg

Second, where's the Troy logo? All I see with that ring is the rocks on the top... Don't you want folks who see that on your finger to immediatly know what it's for?

Sorry, I'm not a fan. Sure it's neat you got one, but they are pretty poorley done...

Moose

I'm with you. First off, over the top? Check. It's a freakin' conference championship we're talking about... I mean, those are as big as some National Championship rings I've seen... As an example, here's Bemdiji State (D-II NSIC conference champ's) ring's for this past year:

RingBalfour.jpg

Second, where's the Troy logo? All I see with that ring is the rocks on the top... Don't you want folks who see that on your finger to immediatly know what it's for?

Sorry, I'm not a fan. Sure it's neat you got one, but they are pretty poorley done...

Moose

Unfortunately, the bowl committee didn't give us much of a choice on what they could look like. They only gave us a few options that we could use for the ring.

Wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last. You get used to it after a while. Plus I really wouldn't wear it out of the house. Like, ever. Just more of a memento of the season.

RingBalfour.jpg

Moose

Unfortunately, the bowl committee didn't give us much of a choice on what they could look like. They only gave us a few options that we could use for the ring.

That's too bad... I suppose it's better than having no ring though.

Moose

• LMU locked this topic

Archived