Memphis Kings

neo_prankster

It's probably best you don't say it took you less than 2 minutes around here.

But...

Maybe bring the guitar closer to the wordmark, add Memphis name to the top of the word mark, maybe turn the guitar 45degrees and align it with the wordmark (so they are both on the angle)

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Memphis-Rock.gif

I did this for practice. I hope you don't mind.

I like it. It's sort of one of those names I don't really like. As in Rock, Power, Heat etc.

But I really like the guitar idea.

I want to see a Cleveland Rocks logo, which be rocks from the garden.

I always liked that songs and wanted to call a Fantasy Team that.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I don't know if the wings fit with how the theme is...i dunno, just doesnt work for me with the wings.

A big rock n' roll cliche is for guitarists to have tatoos of their instrument with wings.

I always felt that the only musical genres that made good sports names were Jazz and Blues. But I really like where you're going with this logo. I'd really think of changing the name though. Something like Rockers or Rhythm. IMO, the latter is much more apporpriate because I don't see what's so "rock" about Memphis.

EDIT: I just remembered... the white people in Memphis like to name everything after Elvis :D

Anyway, if you're going for an Elvis theme, then I'd think about changing your guitar to look more acoustic. Your logo looks much more Anthrax than Elvis.

Of course, if that doesn't work you could always design a logo of Andy Kaufman getting piledriven by a guy in a crown.

I really like hte concept.

And I also like the fact that you start your concepts on paper.

I lik ethe Wings, but I would try to move then up quite a bit, and put the wordmark within the shape of the wings.

I would also strech the body of the guitar on both sides (Horizontally & vertically) to get a better definition of the "M"

As for the colours, I find the red to be a little too bright.

I would probably make black be the primary colour and maybe the secondary be "Vegas Gold" and give is some effect of "Metal". (similar to the City's Logo (Coat of Arms???))

Other colour scheme to consider:

Black and light (bright) blue

Similar to:

memphisvisitors1ss9.jpgmemphisvisitors2pd0.jpg

Overall a very solid concept, and good execution as well...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, the latter is much more apporpriate because I don't see what's so "rock" about Memphis.

EDIT: I just remembered... the white people in Memphis like to name everything after Elvis :D

Anyway, if you're going for an Elvis theme, then I'd think about changing your guitar to look more acoustic. Your logo looks much more Anthrax than Elvis.

As someone that lived in Memphis for about 5 years recently, I can say Memphis is very much rock now, compared to the majority of cities. It's viewed more of a "Music" town than any specific genre, like Nashville and Country.

Other than crazy homeless blues singers in the alleyway on Beale Street, there's not much blues left. If anything it's "Emo" now, but that isn't exactly the best team name, is it? Hahahaha...

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Big update.

A new logo and I've changed the name to the Kings.

kingslogo.jpg

I really like that. One thing, I'd either:

-"fit" the crown onto the "M" somehow

--or--

-make the crown a little closer to the circle so that it's one continuous equal line around the circle.

Know what I mean?

-LEWJ

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I had some time, and i really liked the potential of the logo, so i thought id give a try to help make it look as you might intend it to:

memkingsnr5.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I had some time, and i really liked the potential of the logo, so i thought id give a try to help make it look as you might intend it to:

memkingsnr5.png

:shocked:

OMG!!! As far as "Execution" goes, this is as close to perfection as I can think of...

Awesome collaboration!!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived