StPatty33's Pittsburgh Penguins Concept

StPatty33

Others in this series:

Edmonton Oilers

Colorado Avalanche

I wanted to go a little bit of old, a little bit of new with this one. And of course, the whole point of these third jerseys, I wanted it to really have something to do with the team. This is about as penguin as I could get without getting crazy.

PIT1.png

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Its a very nice concept. I like the diagonal script. I feel as if it should be lace up. Something about diagonal script. JCC's right. A shoulder patch (something like this logo would fit what you're going for, I think) would be nice. And, although it is a very nice concept, it looks nothing like the other two in the series. But, hey, who said it really had to? Its your series.

Well done overall.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I like how the black and white areas mimick those of a real penguin, but would this be a light or dark jersey? It doesn't really seem to be either. But I like it, particularly the script. But as JCC said, a shoulder patch couldn't hurt.

Good work.

I like how the black and white areas mimick those of a real penguin, but would this be a light or dark jersey? It doesn't really seem to be either. But I like it, particularly the script. But as JCC said, a shoulder patch couldn't hurt.

Good work.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, can't be half-and-half. Other than that, very sharp

Good work.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, can't be half-and-half. Other than that, very sharp

Yeah, as I discovered when working out other 3rd jersey concepts, sometimes you have to bend the rules a bit if you want to stay on track. I believe all 3rd jerseys are dark, but for a white-out concept for the Avs, you can't really make a dark jersey, can you?

I left off a patch because I really didn't want to throw a goofy looking or modern logo on there, and the plain look seemed more old school to me. It probably wouldn't look bad with that logo you linked to as a shoulder patch though.

spacer.png

I really like this, really unique! I think this is the first time I've seen the jersey itself actually resemble a penguin. Like stated above add some shoulder patches and it will look better. I look forward to see what you come up with for the blues!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I agree with the need for a shoulder patch but the blue logo strikes me as a bit odd within the framework of the theme (great logo on its own though). How about trying just the penguin with the scarf from one of the penguins old logos. I love that thing

BCBannersSig.png

Yeah, logo makes it look much less blank. Nice.

I agree with the sentiment that it is neither light nor dark, but, its an alternate EDGE jersey. Those don't exist yet anyways. So, lets pretend that when they do reinstate the third jersey program, they have no rules. Sound good? Alright.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I agree with the need for a shoulder patch but the blue logo strikes me as a bit odd within the framework of the theme (great logo on its own though). How about trying just the penguin with the scarf from one of the penguins old logos. I love that thing

Good call.

PIT3.png

spacer.png

I understand the bit of old, bit of new theme but wouldn't that different shade of yellow look a little odd compared to their current set? Try using the Vegas Gold that they use for their primary home and away.

The vegas gold looks nothing like the highlights on a real penguin, and again, the point of this series is to make the whole jersey actually have something to do with the team.

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Good call.

PIT3.png

This is nice... I just dont like the lack of triangle on the penguin logo. The triangle represents the city.

oBIgzrL.png

I love the jersey design and all of that, but i'm not digging the rangers style number and the front lettering cresting. Well the shadow i mean. Take that out and you're solid.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I love the jersey design and all of that, but i'm not digging the rangers style number and the front lettering cresting. Well the shadow i mean. Take that out and you're solid.

actually thats what they had on their first jsersey exactly except for the color.

oBIgzrL.png

actually thats what they had on their first jsersey exactly except for the color.

The diagonal pittsburgh one yeah, but the numbers? I don't thinkso, unless my memory is F***ed or something. The Pittsburgh diagonal i remmeber having just outline though, not sure if i really remember the shadow thing completely, but i'll take your word for just that part, being a fellow pens fan and all.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

The diagonal pittsburgh one yeah, but the numbers? I don't thinkso, unless my memory is F***ed or something. The Pittsburgh diagonal i remmeber having just outline though, not sure if i really remember the shadow thing completely, but i'll take your word for just that part, being a fellow pens fan and all.

the numbers arent quite like the rangers but, still dont look very good with the shadow anyways.

And the diagonal script actually did have a slight shadow both times.

mn-peng68r09k.jpg

mario-lemieux.jpg

oBIgzrL.png

Yeah i went in my closet and found my jersey and was going to fix my post after...but oh well, haha, long day.

Such a freakin hot day as well.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived