Miami Conquistadors Fantasy Hockey Concept

drevel

First off I want to give a special thanks to Davidson for creating the logos for me. He is def. a great artist & a real contributor. Thank you.

So when I usually have a fantasy league (yahoo/ESPN) I name one of the teams the Conquistadors because of my Spanish heritage. So I decided that I would try to come up with a concept for a fantasy team in the US [Miami) and call them the Miami Conquistadors.

I was also lucky enough to have Davidson help deisgn the logos

I thought the colors of Black, Red & Gold would look cool for the jersey & logo's - similar to the colors of the SF 49'ers. So I have decided to go with the latest concept by Davidson with the Conquistadors logo in a circle. I think it looks great & really clean.

Let me know what you think C+C welcomed. I want to get the advice from the members to see if I need to change anything with the jersey as I am still a noob & wish to learn more. Thanks

I am currently working on the 2007-2008 Home "White" jersey. Pretty much the same format but in white & I am also planning a 3rd jersey with flag [spanish flag during the time of the Conquistadors].

PS - If any league needs abother team for the 2007-2008 let me know I would love to join a leagie on the CCSLC boards :)

msg-117652419839.jpg

msg-11765217111.jpg

Thanks for the C+C. I am still trying to finalize the jerseys. Davidson gave me a bunch different logos some with the logo in the circle some without just the logo so I have a few options. Thanks.

Do you think another logo below would look better on the jersey as the crest?

msg-117652424005.jpg

The second version of the logo on the jerseys is the best. Looks really good. The logo with the head AND the flag is cool too, could be use on a script or a third jersey.

By the way, did you use a template to make those jerseys ? And which program ?

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

The second version of the logo on the jerseys is the best. Looks really good. The logo with the head AND the flag is cool too, could be use on a script or a third jersey.

By the way, did you use a template to make those jerseys ? And which program ?

Hello Allyb96 I use the old Roger Clemenet templates and alter the stripping & collars & stuff like that. It is the easy for me to use since I am still a noob. I just PM'ed you.

Guest darkpiranha

Love the logo and colors. Fantastic. I agree that the jersey needs curvy stripes instead of straight. I'd use the curve on the Q in the wordmark as the basis for any stripes.

I like the logo in the circle for the jersey rather than the logo with wordmark. I'd use that one for a third jersey.

But great overall.

It look pretty good my one suggestion is that maybe you could try doing it with an Edge template.

Also you could add a red or gold alternate (hell, you could add both).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I was thinking the same thing as the rest of these guys. The logos are amazing, but you should curve your stripes of something to make them match the logo. But seriously besides that the concept looks amazing! Great work on the logos!

It look pretty good my one suggestion is that maybe you could try doing it with an Edge template.

Also you could add a red or gold alternate (hell, you could add both).

I have never used the Edge template & typically do all of my work in paint so it may be a bit difficult for me, but I will try it.

If anyone wants to give it a shot using a edge template , your more than welcomed. I would appreciate any help. Thanks :)

I would download either Inkscape or Paint.NET, Inkscape is a little more challenging, but it looks better. Paint.NET is like an upgraded version of MSPaint, it's easier to make curved lines and other stuff. Both are free, I have some free time and may whip something up.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I would download either Inkscape or Paint.NET, Inkscape is a little more challenging, but it looks better. Paint.NET is like an upgraded version of MSPaint, it's easier to make curved lines and other stuff. Both are free, I have some free time and may whip something up.

I am going to download paint.net & give it a try like you said. With some curves & what not. Thanks.

here's a quick concept I did. (Sorry that I'm just throwing this out.) Its your template and everything. I just used a paint bucket and the line tools. the sleeve striping isn't my best, but its supposed to be the flag stripes. Also, I'm not really feeling the colors on the white uni, but I really just wanted to get this out.

maimichockeywatermarkedpg6.png

Actually all the unis are sweet - I like the set scarygood made - this would be a great ALT uni -

Very nice work gentlemen!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Nice work Scarygood. I was thinking of the wave at the bottom as well. Kinda like the Fisherman Islanders jersey.

What program do you use to get the waving lines & stuff? Is it the paint.net program you told me about?

Archived