It's the Steel City's 75th Anniversary this upcoming season...

tBBP

So how does the alt helmet thing work? I mean other teams have been doing it with their alt("throwback") uniforms. Buffalo, San Diego, and Dallas off the top of my head have been routinly doing it. Do you have to have an alt jersey to use an alt helmet? can just a different helmet be used as an alt uniform? Kinda strange.

bucco b, what are you working on or who do you work for that has been doing work with the steelers?

Now that I can't disclose "for reasons of security and privacy" (read:I'd like to keep earning my paychecks :D ), but I will tell you I was mighty surprised when I was handed that job.

Still not entirely sure about the yellow helmet (although I truly believe we'll see that in at least one game this season), but I can just about bet we'll see that 75th Anniversary patch show up somewhere this year.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not entirely sure about the yellow helmet (although I truly believe we'll see that in at least one game this season), but I can just about bet we'll see that 75th Anniversary patch show up somewhere this year.

who wants to start a bet on what game it will be? I'm still banking on the home game against the Ravens.

Howdy all! How do?

Well, for those who ain't realize it, this upcoming season, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be celebrating their 75th Anniversary. In the next two weeks, the team will be holding a VIP kick-off ceremony, followed by a fan ceremony I believe the following week if not that same day (Imma have to go back and check that).

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because wemay see a few special "quirks" from the Steelers, from what I've been hearing. (Let me also say that the project from which I got this info came DIRECTLY from the organization itself.)

For one, here's an early look at the Steelers' upcoming 75th Anniversary patch (expect to see it on the jersey somewhere, possibly in place of the hypocycloid that's on there now):

75th_annivpatch.png

I've also been hearing grumblings about a certain other "very special" quirk that might turn up at some point this season: the very real possibility of a yellow helmet.

Now, at this point this may all be much ado about nothing, but, if this does happen, you saw it here first!

Oh--and about that yellow helmet:

75th_Postcard_fronthelmet.png

(Now obviously this is a mini replica, not an actual-sized helmet, but, it's interesting that a designer inside the Steelers' organization would choose to put that on a postcard that's being mailed out to all the VIP invites for this special VIP-only ceremony.)

Now...I'm just SAYING...

*EDIT: I'm also working on a concurrent concept to sorta kinda see how this type of thing might play out...at least in my mind's eye. Kee a look out.*

I think you are wrong on that one that is a authentic helmet you can see the air valve on the side of the helmet and it lookf full size whereas the mini helmet is a lot smaller

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Howdy all! How do?

Well, for those who ain't realize it, this upcoming season, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be celebrating their 75th Anniversary. In the next two weeks, the team will be holding a VIP kick-off ceremony, followed by a fan ceremony I believe the following week if not that same day (Imma have to go back and check that).

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because wemay see a few special "quirks" from the Steelers, from what I've been hearing. (Let me also say that the project from which I got this info came DIRECTLY from the organization itself.)

For one, here's an early look at the Steelers' upcoming 75th Anniversary patch (expect to see it on the jersey somewhere, possibly in place of the hypocycloid that's on there now):

75th_annivpatch.png

I've also been hearing grumblings about a certain other "very special" quirk that might turn up at some point this season: the very real possibility of a yellow helmet.

Now, at this point this may all be much ado about nothing, but, if this does happen, you saw it here first!

(Now obviously this is a mini replica, not an actual-sized helmet, but, it's interesting that a designer inside the Steelers' organization would choose to put that on a postcard that's being mailed out to all the VIP invites for this special VIP-only ceremony.)

Now...I'm just SAYING...

*EDIT: I'm also working on a concurrent concept to sorta kinda see how this type of thing might play out...at least in my mind's eye. Kee a look out.*

I think you are wrong on that one that is a authentic helmet you can see the air valve on the side of the helmet and it lookf full size whereas the mini helmet is a lot smaller

Dude, it's a photograph, and there's nothing around it to contrast with, so how would you know what size it is? I've seen pics of the mini Revolution helmets, and they look dead-on to the real deal.

Howdy all! How do?

75th_annivpatch.png

Now...I'm just SAYING...

Dude, it's a photograph, and there's nothing around it to contrast with, so how would you know what size it is? I've seen pics of the mini Revolution helmets, and they look dead-on to the real deal.

Mini

591256.jpg

On-Field

p1713428reg.jpg

Do you see my case now, the white dot near the front of the facemask is the air valve and it is the real deal the mini does not have the air valve at all

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

The helmet's not that bad from a design POV, but the Steelers were perennial bottom-feeders when they wore those. Why would you want to honor that?

Good design is good design.

Once you get far enough away from the bad seasons for any bad memories to fade, you can celebrate the history of the team without worrying about particulars.

Mini

591256.jpg

On-Field

p1713428reg.jpg

Do you see my case now, the white dot near the front of the facemask is the air valve and it is the real deal the mini does not have the air valve at all

Who ws hired to shoot that last helmet? Ya gotta build a light tent when photographing reflective objects because,...well...it will reflect....nice florescents!!!

This makes me wish that the NFL allowed teams to use two helmets as part of their official uniform set as some teams have previously tried to do. I can easily envision Pittsburgh employing a yellow helmet and a black helmet successfully.

Archived