springfield cardinals giveaway

Yeah, I went to the Ring Ceremony Game in St. Louis and got one. The next day I was showing it around here at the ballpark and they said it's like the ones we're giving away here. I just stopped for a second...then realized I got mine at the ACTUAL ring ceremony game, and then all was good again. Besides, employees aren't really supposed to get the giveaways, any how. (though we manage to sneak some every now and then. but no way would we be able to sneak any of these.)

In 1987 the Mets had replica rings, and you can order them through the mail too with Torpicana Orange Juice I still have mine though its beat to hell.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah, I went to the Ring Ceremony Game in St. Louis and got one. The next day I was showing it around here at the ballpark and they said it's like the ones we're giving away here. I just stopped for a second...then realized I got mine at the ACTUAL ring ceremony game, and then all was good again. Besides, employees aren't really supposed to get the giveaways, any how. (though we manage to sneak some every now and then. but no way would we be able to sneak any of these.)

I'd give anything if you could get me one...

I'll try, but with the limited quanity of rings they have to give away, it's unlikely. I don't know if they're gonna give all of us one or not. And most know I already have one, so it looks bleak.

I'll try, but with the limited quanity of rings they have to give away, it's unlikely. I don't know if they're gonna give all of us one or not. And most know I already have one, so it looks bleak.

Fair enough.

I know attendance is fairly good down there, but how often do the games sell out?

Maybe I'll try and make it down for one of the four.

This is sorta off topic, but I just posted on the uni watch blog, just thought I'd throw it in here on a Springfield Cards topic. I went to the home opener Thursday (Front row behind the on-deck circle, and bought them online three weeks before the game. WOO HOO!). Anyway, I noticed being that close, that the Cards striped socks are just that, striped socks, no stirrups, even though they have the stirrup line on them like those that I used to get at Walmart for T-ball 15 years ago. Is this an organization wide thing, or is it a way to save money down on the farm while the big boys get the actual stirrups?

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

This is sorta off topic, but I just posted on the uni watch blog, just thought I'd throw it in here on a Springfield Cards topic. I went to the home opener Thursday (Front row behind the on-deck circle, and bought them online three weeks before the game. WOO HOO!). Anyway, I noticed being that close, that the Cards striped socks are just that, striped socks, no stirrups, even though they have the stirrup line on them like those that I used to get at Walmart for T-ball 15 years ago. Is this an organization wide thing, or is it a way to save money down on the farm while the big boys get the actual stirrups?

It's organization wide. Even the St. Louis Cardinals wear the fake stirrups. I don't know why they use them. I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much more to get the real thing. They don't look that bad on TV unless they pull them up too much and you can see where the stirrup ends. But when they show them up close they look horrible.

I'm pretty sure it's as simple as players preference. You won't find many players that actually want to wear real stirrups anymore. A few do, most just wear socks. Some show those socks, most don't.

I can't say for sure, but I'm betting striped stirrups are available to players who want to wear them (at least in the majors), but in all likelyhood, nobody wants to.

Here ya go.

http://search.ebay.com/cardinals-ring_W0QQ...rchiZQQsaprcloZ

Fair enough.

I know attendance is fairly good down there, but how often do the games sell out?

Maybe I'll try and make it down for one of the four.

Well the thing is, they only have 5,000 to give away total, spread out to the first 1,250 at each of the 4 games. So the likelyhood of any of these babies being leftover is pretty low.

On another note, if anybody comes to a Springfield Cardinals game, feel free to ask any of the Retail Locations if I'm there. They'll know how to get ahold of me.

hey stl fanatic i'm probablly going to at least 2 of the games with my family and i'll try and grab a couple of theirs (they don't usually care for such things), but it won't be until june. just remind me.

sms.gif

hey stl fanatic i'm probablly going to at least 2 of the games with my family and i'll try and grab a couple of theirs (they don't usually care for such things), but it won't be until june. just remind me.

That's awesome of you '91. I really appreciate it.

If you can't/your fam wants to 'em, that's cool, but I if not, it'd be great to have one.

Thanks a bunch (I'll be sure to remind you).

Archived