Nhl all-star game uniforms

AndrewG70

If you look at some of the photos, you can clearly see that the pants used during the All-Star game are NOT the standard shells with built-in padding.  Instead, they are more or less covers that fit over the players' existing pants.  Look at this photo of Jeff O'Neill.  You'll notice the bottom of his Hurricanes pants showing.

AllStarPants.gif

Andrew

NHLUniforms1.gif

They did that during the Olympics last year too.  I remember see a photo of Mike Richter sprawled on the ice making a save and the blue fabric was riding up and you could see the Red Rangers pants with the white and blue stripes.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

i play hockey on a club travel team and a high school team. the reason that they have shells instead of different pairs of pants is because its less expensive and most of the players just wear gertles with the shell on top. plus its is easy to have shells for multiple teams, like in my case.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

its definitly a good idea. especially since the only color I ever see pants being sold in is black. why not have team colored shells to cover the black pants so each team could have a different look. a high school with the colors cardinal and green would look terrible with black pants if there is no other black in the uniform. give the unis some consistent flow and be cost effective.

They've been doing that for awhile though.  I remember Owen Nolan in the 2000 ASG had his Shark pants but with the North America shell over it.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived