Quebec Nordiques Concept

allyb96

hello everybody, I'm new on this forum and this is my first concept. I'm not very good right now, this is just a try, I did it with paint and microsoft word and I'm a beginner so it took me a little time.

So here is my visit of the new Quebec Nordiques if one day the city have a new franchise !

Please tell me if it's good or not ! I'll try to get Photoshop or Gimp or something like that to do something better.

Thx !

(you'll recognize the logo, it's the New Orleans Saints)

Nordiquesaway.png

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

Oh boy. It's the New Orleans Saints logo recolored and slapped on a jersey. At least cite your source when you do that.

Also, the old Nordiques logo blends in too much to the shoulder panels.

I like the direction, but I'm not feeling it. The whole use of the Saints logo without you saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Damn

Thanks for your insight. <_<

philly.png

Nice work on your first concept. Just like BigBrain61 said if you use other logos, just site your work. There was a thread not too long ago of someone just recoloring people concpet & slapping on logo's. I think the best thing to do is the following.

Primary Logo: Is it Original (made by you), done by another member, and/or a recolor. There are alot of people on the board from all over the world. So taking a logo from Europe,Australia, etc.. someone will bust you :P

Jersey: RBK Edge, Roger's templates, etc...

Colors: Maybe you took inspiration from another team. etc....

I think this will help so that people won't bust your @%@ all the time.

Anyway looks good & make some more :)

like I said it's just a try. And for the source of my logo I wrote it in the original post. It's my first jersey and it's a try so it's why I didn't create a original logo. I just wanted feedback about it in general for the future.

thx

AllyB96

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

Yeah thx for those rules, this is of great help. I'll put more time in my next concept tough.

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

Two things:

1) Match the blue in the logo to that of the jersey

2) Looks a bit sloppy

If you correct these you'll have yourself a nice concept

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

hello allyb96 and welcome on the concept forum. It's nice to see a fellow Québécois in here... (bow)

Your concept is a good one considering it's you first one.

As for MSPaint, I can assure you that with practice, you can do some nice things with it. I personnaly use only MSpaint and you can check out some of the concepts I did in here...

National hockey team we'll never see

Now, my advice to you is to have fun creating concpets, use your imagination, don't take too seriously some comments (especially if you ask for them)... Remember that most of the time, the comments are intented to be conctructive even if they are roughly delivered...

Like I said,

bienvenue sur le forum des concepts allyb96 et amuses-toi...

PS: as for your Nordiques concept, just add the numbers on the sleeves on the back version of your jersey, and use the same blue on the logo and on the sweater and you will have a real winner... :grin:

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

After a couple modifications it gives this :

Thx for all your comments guys.

NordiquesawayPNG.png

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

The fleur-de-lys was on the original Nordiques jerseys, this is a symbol of the french heritage of the Province of Quebec, which I'm from.

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

Jesus guys, lighten up on the kid.

Bon travail, Allyb. Habitez-vous a la ville du Quebec, ou quelque part autrement en la Provence?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Nordiques is French for Nordics, which means people from the Nordic countries, so the French Fleur-de-lys does not fit.

The team used "Nordiques" simply to mean "Northmen" seeing as at the time Québec City was one of the most northern cities to have a professional hockey franchise. The name has little or no reference to Nordic peoples. The "igloo/n" logo might be dated, but the fleur-de-lys is a perfect alternate logo for a team from QC.

As for the concept, it's pretty solid, all though I would switch the black to either red or gold (blue and gold being the colours of royalist France).

Like I said above, the "igloo/n" logo would look dated if the Nords were still around today. I would go with a recolour of their unused wolf logo:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/IC79/QUE-N_288.gif

Bon travail, Allyb. Habitez-vous a la ville du Quebec, ou quelque part autrement en la Provence?

Thanks for the comment, and to answer your question, I live in Rimouski, a city in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region. It's about 300 kilometers at east of Quebec City. Really beautiful.

For the logo, I know I could have use the wolf, but I prefer the original one. Personnaly I think the wolf logo is ugly and the real Nordiques one is more "old school".

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

Thanks for the comment, and to answer your question, I live in Rimouski, a city in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region. It's about 300 kilometers at east of Quebec City. Really beautiful.

For the logo, I know I could have use the wolf, but I prefer the original one. Personnaly I think the wolf logo is ugly and the real Nordiques one is more "old school".

Sheesh, even I know about Rimouski. Home of the Oceanic. :D

I think your update is pretty good, actually. I like the use of the double blues, plus the shoulder panel makes it nice and clean. The fleurs in the bottom panel may be a bit busy, but it's definately better than what you had before.

philly.png

I agree with you for the arm stripes. I'll think about it if I touch the concept again.

BigBrain, I'm surprise that someone in Philly know about Rimouski ! Some people in Canada don't even know it (manny people, i'd say !) It means you must be interested a lot in hockey. I'm pretty proud to say that I grew up seeing Vincent Lecavalier play (he was my idole, I always played with the number 4 as far as I can remember) and Brad Richards win the Memorial Cup with Juraj Kolnik and Michel Ouellet. And I can't forget Sidney Crosby who's been an attraction in Rimouski for the two years he was with us. Look at him right now, what a great player.

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

Archived