Carolina Hurricanes Concept

allyb96

Here's my second concept, this one for the Carolina Hurricanes. I used only their actuals logos and made some modifications to jerseys because I personnaly think that the Hurricanes jerseys are the ugliest of the NHL. As for their primary logo : it's suppose to be the eye of an hurricane, but...

So I took their shoulder patch as my primary and vice versa.

I made two versions, so please tell me which one you like the most and maybe I'll do an alternate !

Thx !

HOME

HurricanesConceptPrototypeHOME.png

HurricanesConceptHOME.png

AWAY

HurricanesConceptPrototype.png

HurricanesConcept2.png

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

i like the top one of both home and away better than the bottom ones. i dont think the triangles look right theyre kinda tacky that way. strong concept, ive always liked the shoulder patch better than the chest logo.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think the Hurricanes current jersey are really good. The triangles are almost exactly the same as the Thrashers. The shoulder patch does not work as the primary logo either. And as someone else said, the wavy stripes don't fit in well with the rest of the striping.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'll try to fit the striping when I have time, thx for the tip.

And for the triangles, notice that it's the black triangle from the primary logo, so I just wanted to do a link here, but I like the top ones better anyway. And Elliott, I don't care if Thrashers or Senators have them, it's just a concept :P

AllyB96

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, April 15th, 2007 - 12:36:58)

I think the Hurricanes current jersey are really good. The triangles are almost exactly the same as the Thrashers. The shoulder patch does not work as the primary logo either. And as someone else said, the wavy stripes don't fit in well with the rest of the striping.

I agree with you about the striping/waving thing, but you have to say that the primary logo doesn't look like a hurricane, but like an ass hole. LOL Personally I think this is the #1 ugliest jersey in the league. The shoulder patch looks better in my opinion.

HABS : NEXT BIG THING

higginslz8.png

18 to 25

31 Carey Price --- 73 Michael Ryder

21 Chris Higgins --- 84 Guillaume Latendresse

14 Thomas Plekanec --- 08 Mike Komisarek

46 Andrei Kostystin --- 28 Kyle Chipchura

40 Maxim Lapierre --- 3 Ryan O'Byrne

00 David Fisher --- 24 Sergei Kostystin

84 Corey Locke --- 54 Mikhail Grabovski

I agree with you about the striping/waving thing, but you have to say that the primary logo doesn't look like a hurricane, but like an ass hole. LOL Personally I think this is the #1 ugliest jersey in the league. The shoulder patch looks better in my opinion.

So why did you make another account, allyB? You and SamPan were born on the same day, have similar signatures, are die hard fans of the Canadiens, and are from Quebec. You from Rimouski, and allyB doesn't say... A little suspicious don't you think?

-E.A.R.

SamPan81 is my twin brother, and this is no joke !

Ever though about a detective career ? :P

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

So why did you make another account, allyB? You and SamPan were born on the same day, have similar signatures, are die hard fans of the Canadiens, and are from Quebec. You from Rimouski, and allyB doesn't say... A little suspicious don't you think?

-E.A.R.

allyb show me that forum and i though it was cool so i sign in ! Anyway, what would be the point of having two accounts ? I'm working on some concepts me too... I'll post them soon. But anyway this is a thread about his hurricanes concept so, bye.

HABS : NEXT BIG THING

higginslz8.png

18 to 25

31 Carey Price --- 73 Michael Ryder

21 Chris Higgins --- 84 Guillaume Latendresse

14 Thomas Plekanec --- 08 Mike Komisarek

46 Andrei Kostystin --- 28 Kyle Chipchura

40 Maxim Lapierre --- 3 Ryan O'Byrne

00 David Fisher --- 24 Sergei Kostystin

84 Corey Locke --- 54 Mikhail Grabovski

I think you're all gonna like these ones better than the others.

HOME

HurricanesConceptVERSION2home.png

AWAY

HurricanesConceptVERSION2.png

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

The updated jerseys look a lot better. The only thing that I think would look better would be black shoulders instead of white on the home jerseys.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Very well done - these are solid concepts!!!! 9.5 out of 10.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thanks for all of your comments, and I just wanted to say that I'm NOT a fan of the Hurricanes, far from it, since they eliminated the habs in last year in the playoff's first round, a few games after Justin Williams injured our captain Saku Koivu. :P Also, from my opinion, the majority of their goals are garbage goals, or " buts de pelleteux ", for my fellows from Quebec, which means they don't have much talent, except for Williams and Staal. But maybe I'm not very objective :P

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

I though I could make a "wavy" style one, because hurricanes starts on water and because it looks different than their real jerseys. I think it's kind of cool.

HurricanesConceptPrototypeHOME-1.png

HurricanesConceptPrototype-1.png

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

The waves actually really work and I'm a fan of their current set, so I have to give props for this design.

Some C&C:

1. What about making the waves symmetrical on the bottom?

2. The shoulder stripe makes the set look a little busy, I'd get rid of it and match it with the main jersey colour but keep the shoulder patches.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Thanks a lot StoneRaizer, I think these are the best up to now !

CAROLINAhome01.png

CAROLINAaway02.png

AllyB96

lecavaliersignature.jpg

out of all of them, the last set is the best. i dont think the current logo should be ditched totally, but i do like how you got the secondary logo looking.

something ill never understand, is how everyone downs on the Cane's saying their ugly uni's but the redwings get a free pass.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Archived