Wear them exactly like #42 would've...

nybatt

Jackie's indomitable spirit and admirable tenacity must've been channeled by Kyle Lohse instead, because our 42s looked like #2 today. When neither Lee, Jones, Floyd, nor Ward is able to bat in one solitary run against Kyle "dumped at the deadline for a prospect by a contender" Lohse, that's a baaaaaad sign.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In response to nybatt's original post, the Cubs' Derrek Lee, Cliff Floyd, Jacque Jones all wore their pants hiked up and they normally don't. Not sure about Daryle Ward, but he probably did, too, since it seemed to be part of the 42 plan.

Photographic evidence of what I was talking about, courtesy of CBS SportsLine:

img10129226.jpg

And I'm hoping it sticks... for at least one of them. Love seeing the blue socks.

capt.1375e101a4cc4bea99a6c5ff9ba3a33f.astros_phillies_baseball_patm109.jpg%7Boption%7D

I was really hoping Jimmy was going to show a little sock last night; Juan Pierre did it right when the Dodgers had their Jackie Robinson game. That said, I'll take 4-5 at the plate, and a blowout win. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived