my 3rd and 4th concepts

1_ILWT_1

I really like the Red Wings alot. I think they had a 1930's or 40's jersey similar with the "barberpole". On the Detroit one I would maybe move the captains C up just a bit if possible of drop the logo down a tad. They are reallt close to each other.

The Av's one is kinds cool where your going. The mounatins remind me of the Nuggets jersey with the mountain peaks. This also reminds me of the 95-96 Ducks "flying duck" 3rd jersey kind of like a cartoon. Overall I think they ar eboth pretty cool & maybe just a few changes. :)

I like the Wings concept, but you should think about ending the barberpole at the sides so the back can just be plain white. Or else, the numbers would be way too hard to read.

If you don't want to go that route, then make the numbers white and add a THICK black outline.

Not feelin' the Avs too much. I can't really see that being worn out on the ice.

I really like the Red Wings alot. I think they had a 1930's or 40's jersey similar with the "barberpole". On the Detroit one I would maybe move the captains C up just a bit if possible of drop the logo down a tad. They are reallt close to each other.

It was an late 1920's early 30's jersey. They had a semi-barberpole when they were the Detroit Cougars (27/28 season, 29/30 season) and more semi-barberpole when they were the Detroit Falcons (the 30/31 and 31/32 seasons). No barberpole as the Red Wings.

About the concepts themselves:

Red Wings: I'll start by saying I like the sleeves. I like the lace up thing. I'm always a fan of lace up jerseys. No Vertically-Arched Lettering? ^_^ (Just kidding, I assume it'd be difficult in paint or Illustrator or Photoshop or whatever you use. But, if the Wings ever released a jersey without it, I'd be crushed.) I don't think the Winged-Wheel logo is conducive to the Barberpole style. Maybe if you made one very big red stripe and put the logo in it. Or, if you went with some sort of script. Now, you can't just use the olde English D like the Wings used to (and still do on some pretty cool merch) because then you'd have these old Cougars jerseys. But, maybe just taking the DRW out of the current script logo. I've seen it done (best I found was here). Something like that might be better. Or, maybe a diagonal "Red Wings", similar to the Rangers Jerseys.

The Avs one: Not a huge fan of the mountains, but I like everything else. I like the logo you used and the color scheme. I really love the sleeves. I think the captain C needs to be moved down a little off the black line. But, I don't know, I just think the mountains could be completely removed and the jersey would look great.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Archived