2007 NFL REGULAR Season Schedule per Yahoo.com

wdm1219inpenna

Hi Fellas,

I was just browsing the 2007 NFL Schedule for the REGULAR SEASON, and noticed that they had 8:15pm games scheduled for EVERY WEEK already for NBC on Sunday Nights. Am I to infer from this, that the league has abandoned the idea of having the Sunday night flexible scheduling deal that they implemented last year?

I hadn't heard anything saying this, but the 2007 regular season schedule seems to indicate otherwise.

As always, any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill McD.

Hi Fellas,

I was just browsing the 2007 NFL Schedule for the REGULAR SEASON, and noticed that they had 8:15pm games scheduled for EVERY WEEK already for NBC on Sunday Nights. Am I to infer from this, that the league has abandoned the idea of having the Sunday night flexible scheduling deal that they implemented last year?

I hadn't heard anything saying this, but the 2007 regular season schedule seems to indicate otherwise.

As always, any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill McD.

The NFL is listing those games as being at 8:15 right now, while flagging the schedule with an indication that it would be subject to change. I think those are merely placeholder games there right now, but they do appear to be among the best games for those weeks (on first glance)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's the idea behind the flex schedule, Bill. They have to list something as a Sunday night game, but NBC and the NFL won't finalize the actual contest for months. It'll be months before we know which games will be good and which ones will be bad, so don't consider this a locked schedule (beyond which games are on which weeks). Once we get a feel for the good teams, Fox and CBS will reserve the games they want to protect and NBC will pick from what's left.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The difference between this year and last is that this year they have publicized a game for the Sunday night slot, with the understanding they could change it. I'm guessing (1) this is part of the reason for the delay in the schedule's release; (2) there was enough griping from teams about the timing of announcement of time changes due to travel or fan complaints that they're trying this way this year.

It's where I sit.

As a stadium employee, I HATE flex scheduling. Nearly ruined my New Year's Eve.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a stadium employee, I HATE flex scheduling. Nearly ruined my New Year's Eve.

You work at the Linc? I'll be there week 3 when the Lions come to town. I probably won't don the Kevin Jones jersey, since he'll still be injured. That, and I don't trust Eagles fans.

Archived