Blue Jays wearing T caps at home.

O's Man

Aside from the usual "where's the blue?" talk, I think the T cap is the way to go. I've never been a fan of cap logos that use the first letter of the team name instead of the city name (the Diamondback's D-Snake, the A's, even my Angels, who got away with it when they were Anaheim but still kind of because the club doesn't promote itself by location most times). The T cap works, plus there's a lack of redundancy at home with the J bird being on both the cap and the wordmark.

VmWIn6B.png

I suppose the T cap is their best option right now, but man, something about looking at those pics just really makes them look like a minor league team to me. That's a really lousy identity...

Other than abandoning some great design tradition (it needed perfecting, but instead it was completely let go), the actual design of the logos and what not isn't so bad.

But the execution of those logos on these jerseys with their history and name...it's just bad. Bad, bad, bad.

I mean, they aren't gaudy. And they look like a baseball team.

They just still don't look like the Toronto Blue Jays.

I was about to type, "You know, that's not half bad." But actually, it is exactly half bad, in that the home cap is black and the color is pretty much half of the cap. Still, it's a decent T logo for a cap. T is one of the harder letters to make look good on a cap. Not nearly as difficult as F or P, but probably the most difficult of the letters with left-right symmetry.

Even a blue cap with a black bill, which would echo the colors of an actual blue jay's head, would be an improvement. But an all-black cap just cannot work with this team. Still, fix the cap, keep the T home and road, and replace the T at the start of the road jersey script with the T from the cap, and this would be a good uniform.

20082614447.png

It's not a bad cap. The T still looks a bit like a flying bird in profile, though.

I like the bird cap better. And if the nickname contains a color, shouldn't the dominant color of the logos/uniform be the same color? It only took the Reds about eight years to get over that sin on its road uniform set.

It's not a bad cap. The T still looks a bit like a flying bird in profile, though.

I like the bird cap better. And if the nickname contains a color, shouldn't the dominant color of the logos/uniform be the same color? It only took the Reds about eight years to get over that sin on its road uniform set.

Well it's been discussed ad nauseum, but the parent company of the Blue Jays is a company who is red. Their competitor is blue. They don't want the Blue Jays to reflect the competition, or something (hence the lack of the word "Blue" on anything, and the color change). So, there's that.

Aside from the usual "where's the blue?" talk, I think the T cap is the way to go. I've never been a fan of cap logos that use the first letter of the team name instead of the city name (the Diamondback's D-Snake, the A's, even my Angels, who got away with it when they were Anaheim but still kind of because the club doesn't promote itself by location most times). The T cap works, plus there's a lack of redundancy at home with the J bird being on both the cap and the wordmark.

Agreed, on all counts.

Well it's been discussed ad nauseum, but the parent company of the Blue Jays is a company who is red. Their competitor is blue. They don't want the Blue Jays to reflect the competition, or something (hence the lack of the word "Blue" on anything, and the color change). So, there's that.

Still doesn't make it right. Officially change the nickname to Jays or get another nickname, if that's the case.

I've heard that so many times... some guy emails Paul Lukas and tells the story so it suddenly becomes fact.

It's complete B.S.

If you believe that theory then why would they have eliminated red completely from the colour scheme? When they purchased the team red was VERY present (alt jersey had red lettering, alt cap had red bill, logo had giant red maple leaf in the background, etc., etc. etc.) and then they re-brand to absolutely no red in 2004...

need I say more?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I hate the "T" hat. The logo is fine but why would you put it on anonther all black hat. Use some gray or maybe even some BLUE!

I'm sorry, sir, but you must be confusing this team with the Blue Jays who actually use the color blue.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I've heard that so many times... some guy emails Paul Lukas and tells the story so it suddenly becomes fact.

It's complete B.S.

If you believe that theory then why would they have eliminated red completely from the colour scheme? When they purchased the team red was VERY present (alt jersey had red lettering, alt cap had red bill, logo had giant red maple leaf in the background, etc., etc. etc.) and then they re-brand to absolutely no red in 2004...

need I say more?

Maybe it is bogus, but it would make a little sense, seeing as the word "blue" and the color have both been completely removed from the team's identity. If they wanted to add black to the color scheme that's fine, but it seems odd to ONLY have black and gray (for the most part) as the team's colors.

It's complete B.S.

need I say more?

Maybe it is bogus, but it would make a little sense, seeing as the word "blue" and the color have both been completely removed from the team's identity. If they wanted to add black to the color scheme that's fine, but it seems odd to ONLY have black and gray (for the most part) as the team's colors.

I agree it's odd, but it has nothing to do with the colours of the company's competitor...

The colour and word "blue" has not been wiped out from the team's identity -- tickets still say "Blue Jays", scoreboards at the stadium still say "Blue Jays", the 52,000 seats at the recently renovated Rogers owned Rogers Centre are all blue, the outfield walls are all still blue, there's a heckuva lot of blue team merchandise at the ballpark for sale... blue is still very much alive with this franchise -- it's just not the main colour on the uniforms... According to the club they got rid of the word "blue" from the uniforms because 95% of Jays fans called the team the "Jays", just like "D-Backs" in Arizona. I don't like it, but that's why it happened.

The key point here is that Rogers' main colour is red and the only colour that Rogers has ever completely eliminated from the Blue Jays colour scheme was red... realistically that's gotta debunk the theory right there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• LMU locked this topic

Archived