Yankees in Trouble

NJTank

Not that I'm sad or anything (as a Red Sox fan), but didn't the Yanks start 0-5 the last time they won the Series?

It's April 16. Way too early to panic.

Unless you haven't done your taxes yet.

In '98 they started 0-3 and won like 2 out of their first 5 games. They went on to win 114 regular season games and a total of 125 game including the playoffs that year winning the World Series.

your so happy? happy that what? the cardinals winning the world series was a fluke?

Bill, you're smarter and better than this (and I'm not just talking about the capitalization and spelling).

C'mon, people. Say it w/ me. PHIL HUGHES!

They don't want to bring him for some reason, I think they should he will be better then Chase Wright.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

With Chein Mein-Wang already on the DL

Today the Yanks put Carl Pavano who is always on the DL, and Mike Mussina on the DL.

This means their current starting 5 is

Andy Pettitte

Darrell Rasner

Kei Igawa

Chase Wright

???

Hey, I'd still take no one over Jaret Wright. :P

Hopefully, this is a sign from G-d that it's time to bring up Phillip Hughes.

I suspect the reason that they called up Chase Wright was b/c he had two stellar AA starts where he flat-out dominated.

Still, at least this starts a contest with the Mets for who can get the best record while lacking anything resembling good pitching.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

your so happy? happy that what? the cardinals winning the world series was a fluke?

thats becuse yankee fans our just jelous about the cardnals fans and they now they cant never be asd good as them,..

Poor spelling aside, thanks for defending one of my points. :D

Besides, we won the World Series. Don't need to worry about a fluke if you've won it. Now the Tigers MAKING it to the World Series would worry about a fluke because they didn't win it (Not bashing Tigers there, Detroit fans. I actually believe they may be back this year and possibly win it all. Just making a point.) But the Cards won it. You don't have to win it year in and year out for one title to not be considered a fluke. It's the ultimate accomplishment and once you've accomplished it, well, you did it. It's what everyone is trying for. Besides, we've done it 10 times (yes, I know second to the Yankees, but most of them came with the Legendary Yankees. The Yankees teams I like and respect. Not the Steinbrenner Yankees who bought 3. I consider 1996 legit since most of the guys were either already there or came up with the Yankees.)

Awww..... Crap!!! Yeah, poor Yankees pitching!

The Tribe's Westbrook signs a contract. Get's hammered. Chase Wright keeps his composure. Tribe lets him off the hook a bit... Next thing you know.... 10-3 Yankees win. Thaaa-aaaaa-aaaaa Yankees win.

VERY Irritating! The Indians situational hitting has been TERRIBLE!

Archived