Baltimore Orioles 3.0

GFB

Alright! Now I know making a concept for the same team 3 times is a little overboard, but I believe I really nailed it this time! This time around I took the time to make a Baltimore script for the road jerseys that actually matches the modern Orioles script! I tried to make it as accurate as I possible could, improvising on some things such as the capital B, a, & m. I tried my hardest to make all the angles and skews just right, which was no easy task by any stretch of the imagination. So without further adu, here it is!!!

GFB's Baltimore Script

Baltimore-Script-concept.png

So logically, with a new wordmark, comes a new concept. I tried to model these after the ones used in the Brooks Robinson days. I really like how they came out.

Orioles Concept - Robinson Throwbacks

Orioles-concept-3.png

(You can see the logo set used for this concept here)

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. I may be a Yankees fan, but nothing beats the "Angry Orioles" logo I always thought it was awesome & looked great on the cap.

I am really feeling the Orange alternate. It would look great in an Inter-League game. A+++

The only thing i dont like is the loop in the "B" and i think the a should "connect" at the bottom. Great job, Great update.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I would make the "a" and the "l" connect lower and maybe thin out the bottom of the "l."

All that said, it looks nice, especially when put on the uniform.

My thoughts exactly, it looks like it reads Boltimore, not Baltimore.

stoneraizersig.jpg

That's a great script. Absolutely fantastic. Very nearly perfect in every way. The Orioles should put that on their road uniforms today. Before lunchtime if possible.

However, switching to a cartoon mascot head on the caps is a mistake. And not just because I think cartoon mascot heads of any sort look minor-league.

The Orioles just are not in any position to ask fans to take them even less seriously, and the current management would even further alienate its remaining fans with any facile attempt to appeal to nostalgia for the pre-Angelos team. Yeah, the O's had a few good years once when a lot of us were impressionable kids and they wore a cartoon mascot head on their caps. But just because some of us have happy memories of that team, that doesn't make their uniforms good. The ornithologically correct bird has nearly a century of tradition behind it in Baltimore; any cartoon mascot head will inevitably look like a sad attempt to appeal to late 70s nostalgia. The cartoon bird head look is not "classic" in this case, it's dated. It might make sense to simplify the ornithological oriole cap logo, but it would be a bad move for the team to switch to any kind of cartoon mascot head logo.

20082614447.png

NO VESTS!!!!!!!!!1111 :mad:

I cannot stress this enough! Vest are NEVER a good idea!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Well, that was pleasant. <_< You never even said why you feel that way. Anyway, I think if they are pulled off right, vests can look even better than the normal baseball uniform.

Take these for example:

AABB023~Brooks-Robinson-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Classics.

On the script I see what you guys are saying about the A and L. I never even noticed it, so great catch guys!

I didn't mean to bring back an old thread (the 2.0 one), I just wanted to show those who missed it the logos used in the concept..... Sorry if that was a no-no......

Keep the C&C coming!

GFB

Well, that was pleasant. <_< You never even said why you feel that way. Anyway, I think if they are pulled off right, vests can look even better than the normal baseball uniform.

Take these for example:

AABB023~Brooks-Robinson-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Classics.

GFB

A few years ago, I went to an O's game, and they wore these(middle)

al_1969_baltimore.gif

I almost bought one in the store that day, they were so nice.

For the concept, I'm not so fond of the cartoon bird, although I do like your rendering of it. I love the road script, the new caps. Great stuff.

My reasoning for my hatred of vests is that they just plain look BAD. They didn't work for the Reds, they're currently not working for the Pirates, and I doubt they would come out well for the O's. Plus when compared to your 2.0 jerseys these are far inferior.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

GFB, the Brooks picture isn't a vest, just a regular jersey with very short sleeves (as was common back in Brooks' era). The Orioles did wear a vest very briefly, however, as Shumway pointed out, it was a home uniform.

As for the concept, I saw "Boltimore" right away. Fix the "a" and the script will look great.

Otherwise, a lot of the striping and outlining is a little thick for my taste. Unlike BallWonk, I have no problem with the cartoon bird in general (maybe because the Orioles wore it during winning seasons throughout the first 18 years of my life -- it was more than "a few good years" :D ). However, perhaps because I'm so used to the original, I can't get used to this one. If you are looking for an angrier look, maybe you can work off of the face of the logo in my sig.

EDIT -- On a second look, maybe you already did use that as your model. Nevermind.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

My reasoning for my hatred of vests is that they just plain look BAD. They didn't work for the Reds, they're currently not working for the Pirates, and I doubt they would come out well for the O's. Plus when compared to your 2.0 jerseys these are far inferior.

Strike that from the record, it's speculation. :P

In its place, vests are good and add a crisp-ness that a normal jersey can't accomplish. For the Orioles, though, I wouldn't have gone with vests.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived