MLB Landmark Sigs

illwauk

The Spirit of Detroit isn't so much of a "skyline" image. If you want to go with signature objects that can be seen from anywhere in the city, you might want to go with the Renaissance Center, the Ambassador Bridge, and/or the Fisher Building.

Renaissance Center:

RenCen072803_12V.jpg

Ambassador Bridge:

806441-Ambassador_Bridge-Detroit.jpgambassador_bridge1.jpg

Fisher Building:

fisher1.jpg

The Spirit of Detroit isn't so much of a "skyline" image. If you want to go with signature objects that can be seen from anywhere in the city, you might want to go with the Renaissance Center, the Ambassador Bridge, and/or the Fisher Building.

I wanted to avoid using skyline/skyskraper images for practical reasons. I also gave priority to things that had sports connections (though I still havent decided if I wanna use a picture of the Spirit in a Tigers jersey). The Ambassador Bridge is a good idea though.

I think if I was gonna use any building in Detroit, it'd be Old Main at WSU. It's probably the nicest building that I've seen on any college campus.

WSUOldMainBldg.jpg

My question is what are you gonna do for teams such as the Orioles, Phillies and Angels that don't have an official city word mark? I don't know if just having the team nickname would flow with the whole land mark concept.

For the O's I'm using a throwback.

For the Phils, I'm using the nickname since its really nothing but a take off the city's name.

But I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about the Angels. I could've sworn they had a wordmark that said Anaheim in the post-disney era, but I guess I'm mistaken. Unless someone can come up with an idea, I might have to use the Angels wordmark instead. I guess in a way that'll make it more authentic sine the Angels have literally done all they can to lose the Anaheim tag.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about the Angels. I could've sworn they had a wordmark that said Anaheim in the post-disney era, but I guess I'm mistaken. Unless someone can come up with an idea, I might have to use the Angels wordmark instead. I guess in a way that'll make it more authentic sine the Angels have literally done all they can to lose the Anaheim tag.

They did:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=478

20082614447.png

for Phoenix/Arizona, instead of going with the State Capital, go with Camelback Mountain as the landmark,

Good call. Camelback would look really good for this series.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

for Phoenix/Arizona, instead of going with the State Capital, go with Camelback Mountain as the landmark,

Good call. Camelback would look really good for this series.

After having looked at some pictures, I would have to agree.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about the Angels. I could've sworn they had a wordmark that said Anaheim in the post-disney era, but I guess I'm mistaken. Unless someone can come up with an idea, I might have to use the Angels wordmark instead. I guess in a way that'll make it more authentic sine the Angels have literally done all they can to lose the Anaheim tag.

They did:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=478

For the sake of laziness:

ANA_478.gif

:P

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

those are amazing... i'm gonna use that sox one rather than the current one (no offense to the maker of that one)

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I wanted to avoid using skyline/skyskraper images for practical reasons. I also gave priority to things that had sports connections (though I still havent decided if I wanna use a picture of the Spirit in a Tigers jersey). The Ambassador Bridge is a good idea though.

I think if I was gonna use any building in Detroit, it'd be Old Main at WSU. It's probably the nicest building that I've seen on any college campus.

WSUOldMainBldg.jpg

Great building! I lived across the street from Old Main for most of the nineties. The fact of the matter is, if you ask people from Detroit where Old Main is, they would have no clue unless they spend a considerable amount of time at Wayne State University. This is probably because it's not really on a major thoroughfare like Woodward Ave, rather in a couple of blocks from there.

I think if you use the Spirit, it should be sans jersey. The jersey added to it would be overkill, in my opinion.

I would consider the Detroit Institute of Arts or the Public Library as other options as well.

Archived