Yankees Jackets

Proc

I think it looks rather classy. I miss seeing everyone in the satin jackets. I still remember the Braves wearing the satin jackets when the won the World Series in '95.

I still have my original Braves Starter satin jacket I got in 1993. I wear it very rarely, but I'm glad I kept it in good condition.

Majestic should do the satin for all the teams. Everyone used to wear it when they were made by Starter, and I refuse to believe they wouldn't be popular with the players and the general public.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the orioles starting standing up for themselves like the yankees would you dislike them too?

If the Orioles started flouting league rules like the Yankee$ do I would think less of them for it, yes.

And, if the Yankee$ get to flout several uniform rules, they are "getting away with whatever they want".

You have made this claim several times without substantiation. What are the Yankees doing that other clubs can't do?

If the Yankees were being given preferential treatment that no other teams receive, than it should be fairly easy for you to prove it. If the Yankees are just making choices that other teams could (and do) make, then you don't have a leg to stand on with this complaint.

It's time to put up or shut up, if you'll forgive the expression.

No Rawlings, Russell or Majestic logos on jerseys or pants "The Yankee uniform is too classy/sacred/whatever to be defaced by a makers mark" is what I think they gave as their excuse. Wearing whatever jacket they pleased. (You can find playoff pix of Torre in a Starter jacket, long after the contract ran out, and even that had the logo blacked out.) It's just their usual "we're far more important than the rest of you rubes...nevermind the fact that without you, we'd have no team ourselves." It's arrogant, tired bulls**t, and I'm sick to death of it.

Love that current pitching staff, though. $195 million payroll, and that's the best you could do? :jawdrop:

if the orioles starting standing up for themselves like the yankees would you dislike them too?

If the Orioles started flouting league rules like the Yankee$ do I would think less of them for it, yes.

And, if the Yankee$ get to flout several uniform rules, they are "getting away with whatever they want".

You have made this claim several times without substantiation. What are the Yankees doing that other clubs can't do?

If the Yankees were being given preferential treatment that no other teams receive, than it should be fairly easy for you to prove it. If the Yankees are just making choices that other teams could (and do) make, then you don't have a leg to stand on with this complaint.

No Rawlings, Russell or Majestic logos on jerseys or pants "The Yankee uniform is too classy/sacred/whatever to be defaced by a makers mark" is what I think they gave as their excuse. Wearing whatever jacket they pleased. (You can find playoff pix of Torre in a Starter jacket, long after the contract ran out, and even that had the logo blacked out.) It's just their usual "we're far more important than the rest of you rubes...nevermind the fact that without you, we'd have no team ourselves." It's arrogant, tired bulls**t, and I'm sick to death of it.

Love that current pitching staff, though. $195 million payroll, and that's the best you could do? :jawdrop:

cry me a river

And yet you have failed to provide a single example that actually supports your claim. :blink: Any team could do what the Yankees are doing. Some do. Go complain about the Angels.

This bizarre obsession seems to have gotten the better of you, my friend. :P

First, I like the satin jacket look on the field. I wish all teams wore them. Just looks like baseball. I cannot explain it.

Second, this kid seems way too freaked out about the Yankees. I don't understand why people become so jealous. Yeah, it's not so fun to root for a bad team. But to sit there and moan and complain about the Yankees when they haven't won a championship in seven years is absurd. It's not the Yankees' fault that the Orioles' management hasn't been able to field a decent team in a decade.

Third, about that Yankee pitching staff: I know that going into the season I thought a pitching staff of Pettitte, Pavano, Mussina, Wang, and Igawa, with the potential arrival of Clemens in the summer seemed pretty decent. They've been decimated by injury. Let's see where all the teams are in September. There's a reason the baseball season doesn't end on April 24. Lot's of teams start hot, lot's of teams start cold. It's over the course of a long season that the better teams rise to the top and the worse teams (including the Baltimore Orioles every year post-1997) fall to the bottom.

That was...pleasant <_<

First off, stop typing Yankee$, just type Yankees.

Second, the Yankees have one of the top 7 farm systems in baseball and it managed to produce Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter, Chien-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano, Melky Cabrera, Philip Hughes, Juan Rivera, and a host of others.

Third, the Yanks aquire players so they can win. Would like them to purposely lose so the O's can stop finishing in fourth?

Fourth, are you mad because your bulls**t is tired or is it that there are usually more Yankees fans than Orioles fans in Camden? :P

Fifth, why don't you jump on the Halos for not using the new BP jerseys? Or the Mets for aquiring high-priced players so they can compete? Or the Brew-Crew for wearing satin jackets with their Retro Friday jerseys?

Finally, 3 members of the Yanks' starting 5 is injured so excuse them from not going to a 2 man rotation.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

First, I like the satin jacket look on the field. I wish all teams wore them. Just looks like baseball. I cannot explain it.

Second, this kid seems way too freaked out about the Yankees. I don't understand why people become so jealous. Yeah, it's not so fun to root for a bad team. But to sit there and moan and complain about the Yankees when they haven't won a championship in seven years is absurd. It's not the Yankees' fault that the Orioles' management hasn't been able to field a decent team in a decade.

Third, about that Yankee pitching staff: I know that going into the season I thought a pitching staff of Pettitte, Pavano, Mussina, Wang, and Igawa, with the potential arrival of Clemens in the summer seemed pretty decent. They've been decimated by injury. Let's see where all the teams are in September. There's a reason the baseball season doesn't end on April 24. Lot's of teams start hot, lot's of teams start cold. It's over the course of a long season that the better teams rise to the top and the worse teams (including the Baltimore Orioles every year post-1997) fall to the bottom.

Worlds Championships are harder to buy than AL East titles, obviously.

Not altogether sure why more Blue Jays fans--and there are several on this board--don't have more to say about this. Like the Orioles they must try to compete with the blue and red ATMs on an AL Central budget. Likewise the four Devil Rays fans, who must try to do what the O's and Jays are trying to do with pennies on the dollar.

Peter Angelos' inability to hire a good FO (until recently) has nothing to do with the distorting effect the endless river of cash that runs through the Bronx has on MLB.

A rotation of Old Guy, Always Injured Guy, Other Old Guy, 2nd Year Sensation Guy, and ??? Guy from Japan is fine...so long as you have 3 or 4 ML quality starters stashed at AAA for when the inevitable happens. When you're sitting on the sports largest giant bag of cash, how do you fail to do that???

And, let's be clear here. If the Red Sox are in first place when the Rocket decides to make his move, he's headed to Boston...not New York. It's Houston or a Ring, and he's going for the surer thing.

That was...pleasant <_<

First off, stop typing Yankee$, just type Yankees.

Second, the Yankees have one of the top 7 farm systems in baseball and it managed to produce Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter, Chien-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano, Melky Cabrera, Philip Hughes, Juan Rivera, and a host of others.

Third, the Yanks aquire players so they can win. Would like them to purposely lose so the O's can stop finishing in fourth?

Fourth, are you mad because your bulls**t is tired or is it that there are usually more Yankees fans than Orioles fans in Camden? :P

Fifth, why don't you jump on the Halos for not using the new BP jerseys? Or the Mets for aquiring high-priced players so they can compete? Or the Brew-Crew for wearing satin jackets with their Retro Friday jerseys?

Finally, 3 members of the Yanks' starting 5 is injured so excuse them from not going to a 2 man rotation.

Almost as pleasant as watching the Yankee$ buy the AL East every year...oops, looks like the Red $ox have cut in line, and will be purchasing the division this season.

Second, your farm system was in the dumper until Detroit and Arizona foolishly overpaid for your retreads.

Third, every team tries to acquire players so they can win. If the financial playing field were leveled, and the Yankee$ still won the East every year, then it's four other teams bad, and their good. Right now, they have advantages even the big red ATM can't touch (although they're distorting the game right now, too.)

Yankee$ fans are quite welcome in Camden Yards...as soon as they stop acting like drunken nine year old louts.

I have come out against the Angels not wearing the new BP caps. The Mets are a problem, but they're much less obnoxious about it than their cross-town rivals. Throwback jacket with throwback jersey, with permission from the league? It ain't pretty, but it's approved.

Once again, with feeling: A rotation of Old Guy, Always Injured Guy, Other Old Guy, 2nd Year Sensation Guy, and ??? Guy from Japan is fine...so long as you have 3 or 4 ML quality starters stashed at AAA for when the inevitable happens. When you're sitting on the sports largest giant bag of cash, how do you fail to do that???

how do you fail to do that???

How do the Orioles fail to compete even after signing high price free agents; Tejada, Sosa, Lopez, Palmeiro.. you wanna talk about wasting money? Look at the last 3 names on that list. Oh yeah, I do seem to remember Sir Angelos trying to aquire Manny from the Sox. I can tell you're bitter, but the Yankees have been doing what their doing for the better part of a century. I loath them, but they're certainly not ruining baseball. Also, the Red Sox? You may seem to forget how good their farm system has been since the Theo Era; Jon Lester, Jonathon Papelbon, Matt Murton, Freddy Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez, Bronson Arroyo, Anibal Sanchez, Cla Meredith, Dustin Pedroia (eh), Kevin Youkilis, David Murphy (a solid 4th outfielder), Jacoby Ellsbury (our next CF). That's what you do, raise a farm system, keep the necessary parts, i.e. Lester, Paps, Pedroia Youkilis, Muprh, Ellsbury and you trade what you don't need for things you do need, i.e. Murton, Ramirez, Sanchez, Arroyo and Meredith. Then you sign whatever you can't get with trades, high price or not. Sure the Sox spend an amazing amount of money, but they also do it the right way. Did we forget about the prize free agents we signed that no one else wanted? Mueller, Millar, Ortiz, Walker, Bellhorn, those were all low-key low-price signings that led us to the World Series. You can cry all you want, but to quoute George Steinbrenner (ugh), We understand [you] must be embaressed, frustrated, and dissapointed by [their] failure in [these] transactions. Unlike the Yankees, [they] chose not to go the extra distance for [their] fans.

I don't care what you say right now, if the Orioles were in constand compitition for the title, you would keep your mouth glued shut.

Old guys? Excuse me, but the O's have Steve Trachsel and Chad Bradford, two ineffective Mets rejects.

Plus, the O-holes' no. 1 starter is Eric Bedard!

And always injured? Two words: Jaret Wright. The Orioles traded the Yanks a good young reliever (Chris Britton) for absolute trash.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Wow, another Orioles-based thread (or at least one that has become one) that's gotten entirely out of hand. As a diehard Orioles fan, I think I'd be remiss to point out that Angelos is a flipping idiot who hasn't the foggiest clue how to run a baseball franchise. The Orioles have just as much money to spend as anyone else, they just continue to do it in asinine ways. He has hired incompetant functionaries as GM's ever since Pat Gillick left. The only halfway decent signing they've made since then is Miguel Tejada, and the way things are going, he might be continuing his streak somewhere else when his contract is up. Finally, to bring this somewhat back on track, even though I loathe the Yankees, their satin jackets are the definition of classy. It makes it easier to hate them when they look so professional...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Let the Yankees wear their satin jackets. Like Gothamite said, they're doing something any team could do. If the MLB came down and said "everyone has to wear the new jackets, no exceptions" and then let the Yankees wear satin, I'd have a problem with it. As it is now though, any team could decide to go satin, the Yankees are the only ones deciding to do it.

As for what looks good, I think it's all relative. IMO modern-looking identities would clash with a satin jacket. Take the Blue Jays. Honestly, I think a satin Jays jacket, in their current identity, would look awful. The modern template look just looks better for the Jays.

The Yankees, however, look best in satin, given their classic look. This would hold true for the Red Sox, White Sox, Tigers, Cardinals, Twins, or any other team with a classic-looking identity.

Let the Yankees wear their satin jackets. Like Gothamite said, they're doing something any team could do. If the MLB came down and said "everyone has to wear the new jackets, no exceptions" and then let the Yankees wear satin, I'd have a problem with it. As it is now though, any team could decide to go satin, the Yankees are the only ones deciding to do it.

And the Brewers, on Fridays! :P

Old guys? Excuse me, but the O's have Steve Trachsel and Chad Bradford, two ineffective Mets rejects.

And always injured? Two words: Jaret Wright. The Orioles traded the Yanks a good young reliever (Chris Britton) for absolute trash.

The Orioles signed Trachsel right before Spring Training, when Benson went down with an injury.

Trachsel is 1-1, 4.37 with four plus outings and one bad. Perfectly acceptable for an AL 5th starter.

Bradford has a 1.08 ERA in 10 appearances.

Bedard (that's Erik Bedard) is 3-2. He's had an up and down start with 2 stellar outings, 1 OK, and 2 bad.

Chris Britton is a fat kid with one pitch. For this the Yankee$ traded Jaret Wright...and FOUR MILLION DOLLARS!

Wright had his best year with Leo Mazzone as his pitching coach. With the price of mediocre starters north of $5 million a year these days, getting him for 1 year / $3 million is a nice deal.

Wow, another Orioles-based thread (or at least one that has become one) that's gotten entirely out of hand. As a diehard Orioles fan, I think I'd be remiss to point out that Angelos is a flipping idiot who hasn't the foggiest clue how to run a baseball franchise. The Orioles have just as much money to spend as anyone else, they just continue to do it in asinine ways. He has hired incompetant functionaries as GM's ever since Pat Gillick left. The only halfway decent signing they've made since then is Miguel Tejada, and the way things are going, he might be continuing his streak somewhere else when his contract is up. Finally, to bring this somewhat back on track, even though I loathe the Yankees, their satin jackets are the definition of classy. It makes it easier to hate them when they look so professional...

This isn't the NFL. The Orioles...or the Blue Jays...or the Devil Rays...do not have the revenue stream of the Red $ox, who look like poor relations compared to the Yankee$.

The fact that Peter Angelos is an incompetant owner does not erase the income discrepancies built into baseball's archaic, 19th Century economic system. It simply provides Yankee$ fans with a straw man to knock down when people raise the issue of their team's lengthy history of putting itself above the rest of the game.

What's good for the Yankee$ is rarely, if ever, good for baseball as a whole.

Source? I'm not sure that Gothamite is correct when he says "any team could do it". I'm fairly certain they get fined for the lack of Majestic logos on the jerseys, but clearly not so much that they can't find the $ between the seat cushions of the couches in the executive lounge.

The Orioles signed Trachsel right before Spring Training, when Benson went down with an injury.

Trachsel is 1-1, 4.37 with four plus outings and one bad. Perfectly acceptable for an AL 5th starter.

Bedard (that's Erik Bedard) is 3-2. He's had an up and down start with 2 stellar outings, 1 OK, and 2 bad.

Chris Britton is a fat kid with one pitch. For this the Yankee$ traded Jaret Wright...and FOUR MILLION DOLLARS!

Wright had his best year with Leo Mazzone as his pitching coach. With the price of mediocre starters north of $5 million a year these days, getting him for 1 year / $3 million is a nice deal.

This isn't the NFL. The Orioles...or the Blue Jays...or the Devil Rays...do not have the revenue stream of the Red $ox, who look like poor relations compared to the Yankee$.

The fact that Peter Angelos is an incompetant owner does not erase the income discrepancies built into baseball's archaic, 19th Century economic system. It simply provides Yankee$ fans with a straw man to knock down when people raise the issue of their team's lengthy history of putting itself above the rest of the game.

Source? I'm not sure that Gothamite is correct when he says "any team could do it". I'm fairly certain they get fined for the lack of Majestic logos on the jerseys, but clearly not so much that they can't find the $ between the seat cushions of the couches in the executive lounge.

Just ... stop. The Orioles are not the Kansas City Royals. There's no need for a titanic inferiority complex.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I seem to remember in the mid to late 90's (when the Yankees were winning World Championships) that the Orioles had a higher payroll than the Yankees. What happened since then were a few things. First they got burnt buy their free agent signings in the '98 off season (Is Albert Bell still on the payroll?) and the owner became cheap. Couple that he had little incentive to field a competitive team because he wanted to keep a team out of Washington and in order to try and do that he needed to show competition would hurt his team. Having a poor team drives down attendance which makes it seem competition would hurt.

That said now that the Orioles got a sweet deal from the Washington settlement and controls both teams TV rights there is no excuse why the can't spend to put a competitive team on the field. The have the ballpark and the TV money for a large wealthy market.

As for the Blue Jays they certainty have spent the money in the last few years to put a competitive team on the field (If you forgot they finished in 2nd last year). If their pitching stays healthy (That's a big if) they can make a run at the division or Wild Card. Also I believe the Blue Jays local television territory is the entire country of Canada which would be the largest TV market in baseball.

Just ... stop. The Orioles are not the Kansas City Royals. There's no need for a titanic inferiority complex.

I totally agree, please just stop posting in this thread. The more you do, the less competent you appear. Thank you. Just to piss allover your revenue stream argument, I'll leave the Yankees out of this one and just stick to my guns. Why do you think the Red Sox have so much revenue pooring in? Because they field a competitive team, do the Orioles? Yeah in 1995. The Red Sox CAN spend the money they do because this ownership group has been outstanding to the fans, completely revamped Fenway and always putting an above average team on the field which keeps fans in the seats. They show they care, they listen, does Angelos? Ha, I think we know the answer. You need to spend money to make money, no way around it.

Archived