ASU Football player in serious condition after accident.

Squeaks4

Green in critical condition

Arizona State cornerback Chad Green is in critical and guarded condition due to head injuries sustained in an auto accident early Sunday morning.

Green, a senior from Van Nuys, Calif., was transported to Scottsdale Memorial Hospital following the accident near McClintock Drive and University Avenue. He remains in the intensive care unit.

The accident occurred at 3:26 a.m. Sunday.

advertisement

According to a Tempe Police Department report, Green was making a left turn from McClintock Drive into a private driveway on the 800 block of South McClintock. He turned in front of a vehicle driven by Brian King, who police say was impaired and was arrested for DUI. King, 43, of Mesa was not injured, records show. King was driving a 1998 Lincoln Navigator.

Green was unrestrained in his vehicle, a 2005 Toyota Scion. Police are still investigating if Green was drinking. ASU officials believe Green was going to a fast food restaurant.

I know this stuff unfortunately happens all the time but me and my friends actually drove by this accident on our way home from a party Saturday night. Scary to realize I could of been involved if I had been their just a few minutes earlier. Again, just shows you the tragedy that is drunk driving. I know many of you aren't religious so I wont ask for prayers, but please keep Chad in your thoughts as he has a rough road ahead of him.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived