Sabres Logo taking the Music Industry by storm!

Lalalaloser

Nice, :D hopefully this logo getting out there will cause more public out-cry! Thus ending it' rain of terror on us!

Rain?

You have made me soo happy. That made this very bad day. Thank you.

Does one appearance on some stupid music reality show by some band the country hasn't heard of constitute as "taking the music industry by storm"? I doubt this is going to start some sort of Buffalo revolution where we see musicians wearing Buffaslug jerseys to the Grammys.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I actually think sports team placements by musicians is stupid. How sick and tired are people of seeing people wearing Yankees stuff? I bet if you asked 80% of these people to name three starting pitchers from the team, they couldn't. I'd hate to see the Buffaslug (or any hockey logo for that matter) become something the likes of the Yankees. The only reason you see more things like the Sabres or Steelers is because the teams have had recent success. No respect for those who only fly their colors when all is well in their teams world.

Really now capn? There's really no chance that the guy from Gym Class Heroes is just a Sabres fan? Do you follow the band extensively and know that he didn't care about the Sabres when they weren't doing well? Personally, I perfer the view that, if you like a team, you fly the colors whenever you damn well please. I mean, there were plenty of us wearing Tigers caps all those years, and I wear my Lions jersey proudly. Hell, if I were a musician, I'd wear almost exclusively jerseys. The only reason I don't do that now is because I can't afford them. I mean, he is from Geneva, which makes the Slugs the closest team, so I'm going to just assume he's grown up a Sabres fan.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I guess this is kind of a chance for me to brag, but it's cool seeing your team make it big like that. Especially when it's your high school.

That being said, Will Ferrell rocked a Cary Wrestling hat (Cary High School, Cary, NC) on MTV while accepting some award from them. Needless to say, we all loved it.

Go IMPS!

1280279339056335363S600x600Q85.jpg

What affilation does Will Farrel have with the gimps...i mean imps of cary...sorry Sanderson Spartan here. never was one for the town of cary and their messed up rules and regulations

He has a family member who attends the school. He shows up occasionally at football and wrestling events. I don't think he has been around in a while though.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

umm...have you guys heard about representing where you live, or the team you like? GCH are from up-state NY, a lot of rappers are from one of the five boroughs of NYC, and - who knows - Snoop may just have a thing for Steel City's sports.

it's the same as 'the rest of us' - representing teams either from where we are, or that we are fans of, or both - just that because they're on stage or MTV they get to showcase that, and we don't. if I performed on stage, would I want to wear something representing where I'm from? Probably. that's not really different from how I am now (...he says while wearing an Oregon sweatshirt and a Mariners hat).

harperdc.gif

Does one appearance on some stupid music reality show by some band the country hasn't heard of constitute as "taking the music industry by storm"? I doubt this is going to start some sort of Buffalo revolution where we see musicians wearing Buffaslug jerseys to the Grammys.

I actually think sports team placements by musicians is stupid. How sick and tired are people of seeing people wearing Yankees stuff? I bet if you asked 80% of these people to name three starting pitchers from the team, they couldn't. I'd hate to see the Buffaslug (or any hockey logo for that matter) become something the likes of the Yankees. The only reason you see more things like the Sabres or Steelers is because the teams have had recent success. No respect for those who only fly their colors when all is well in their teams world.

One reason that many people wear Yankees gear (or Dodgers or White Sox or Braves or Astros or....) is that many people wear the clothing of the city the live(d) in or near to.

That's why Jay-Z and 50 Cent can usually be seen sporting the interlocking Yankees NY.

As for The Game and his interlocking Dodger LA logo on his face that is more of a gang symbol, although he in fact is from LA.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Well, some musicians are all about thier hometown all the time.

I can't say I watch any music videos to give more examples, but Nelly and the St. Lunatics wear Cards, Rams, and Blues stuff all of the time.

I believe I've seen Atlanta teams get similar treatment, but I don't remember from who.

Snoop wears Steeler gear because it's a gang thing. Not because of "recent succeses." Most gangs in SoCal back in the 80s wore Raiders stuff, and the Steelers were the only other team a) with black as a main color and B) with some history of black players (Mean Joe, etc) and the run of championships that it was used as a counterpoint to Raiders stuff. Growing up, a lot of the schools I went to banned Raiders gear; the Steelers stuff fit right in.

Penguin and Pirate stuff fits in because of the black and gold angle. Part of Pittsburgh's appeal is that the football, baseball, and hockey teams all use black and gold. In LA, no one did but the Raiders. In football, no other team had black as a main color (until the Falcons in the Glanville era), and black is simply a great color to wear at night when you don't want to be seen.

Snoop wears Steeler gear because it's a gang thing. Not because of "recent succeses." Most gangs in SoCal back in the 80s wore Raiders stuff, and the Steelers were the only other team a) with black as a main color and B) with some history of black players (Mean Joe, etc) and the run of championships that it was used as a counterpoint to Raiders stuff. Growing up, a lot of the schools I went to banned Raiders gear; the Steelers stuff fit right in.

Penguin and Pirate stuff fits in because of the black and gold angle. Part of Pittsburgh's appeal is that the football, baseball, and hockey teams all use black and gold. In LA, no one did but the Raiders. In football, no other team had black as a main color (until the Falcons in the Glanville era), and black is simply a great color to wear at night when you don't want to be seen.

From what I understand, actually, some time in the last few years, gangs switched from strictly wearing a "color" to wearing the apparel of a specific sports team, because the colors were too easy for cops to pick up on. (i.e., if you see a guy wearing lots of blue, he's probably a crip.) So each "set" pretty much has their own team logos/colors (usually college, but sometimes pro,) or not, determined by each group individually. The "Rollin' 20 Crips" which Snoop is reportedly affiliated with, wear black and yellow, and Steelers gear.

Of course, this information was stuff I read on Wikipedia, so take that with whatever dose of salt you feel appropriate.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived